Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Acknowledging that it's stdh in what way will buying a fast food meal enable anyone to steal her identity? Her debit card info maybe, but identity? Layer upon layer of stdh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
For a made up story it seems oddly judgemental to say shes pregnant and only looks high school aged.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Acknowledging that it's stdh in what way will buying a fast food meal enable anyone to steal her identity? Her debit card info maybe, but identity? Layer upon layer of stdh.

I don't know, I've heard people freak out about giving their ZIP code and poo poo. I mean, yeah, it's STDH, but some people are very confused as to what "personal" information they need to protect and what's basically already public.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Indolent Bastard posted:

"Identity theft" generally includes credit card cloning, unauthorized PIN number access, etc.

One of my friends recently had his CC info stolen and the only place he'd used his card recently was Popeyes. My parent's card got cloned at a Chinese restaurant (the employee that did it also did it to a bunch of other people and was arrested).
It's not outside of the realm of possibility.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

CellBlock posted:

I don't know, I've heard people freak out about giving their ZIP code and poo poo. I mean, yeah, it's STDH, but some people are very confused as to what "personal" information they need to protect and what's basically already public.

The best part is that those same people will give their personal and credit information over the phone to a call center (which very well may be located in a prison).

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Samizdata posted:

The best part is that those same people will give their personal and credit information over the phone to a call center (which very well may be located in a prison).

Or located in Godforsakenstan.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

"Identity theft" generally includes credit card cloning, unauthorized PIN number access, etc.

One of my friends recently had his CC info stolen and the only place he'd used his card recently was Popeyes. My parent's card got cloned at a Chinese restaurant (the employee that did it also did it to a bunch of other people and was arrested).
It's not outside of the realm of possibility.

I had a couple of big breaches take YEARS to notify me.

Khazar-khum posted:

Would be more worried about a current con snagging my data...

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Khazar-khum posted:

Godforsakenstan is actually really nice. It's kinda like how Greenland is actually colder than Iceland.

Stay the hell out of Blessedstan.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I need to stop looking at Twitter ever

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I need to stop looking at Twitter ever

The movie wasn't even that good.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

chitoryu12 posted:

The movie wasn't even that good.

It's a woman! Who fights a terrible CGI monster! This is important!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

gently caress off, chitoryu12. *leaves*

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Was the video about video games or about Star Wars?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Paladinus posted:

It's a woman! Who fights a terrible CGI monster! This is important!

It's revolutionary not because it is a flawless film, but because it exists at all. It was a satisfying comic book super hero movie made by, for, and starring women. It let everyone know there is a market for this, an untapped hunger. There is money to be made.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Aleph Null posted:

It's revolutionary not because it is a flawless film, but because it exists at all. It was a satisfying comic book super hero movie made by, for, and starring women. It let everyone know there is a market for this, an untapped hunger. There is money to be made.

I liked the movie as well. But that Twitter poo poo is fake as hell and never happened and it's super annoying how many people are loving it

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Aleph Null posted:

What was also good is Wonder Woman is awesome as a character, not because she’s a woman, but she just happens to be a woman while being awesome. It’s solid representation. "This person is X, but not defined by X."

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I liked the movie as well. But that Twitter poo poo is fake as hell and never happened and it's super annoying how many people are loving it

It was also the best, most entertaining live action DC superhero movie since the Nolan Batmen.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

"...ended up calling security because I refused to leave without jeans."

:lol:

Get trespassed over a pair of lovely jeans. Dumbass.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Who even asks for help when buying jeans anyway, beyond "do you have this in size ____" if you can't find it? Is this some kind of bespoke jeans company, or (more likely) was it this guy's first time going shopping and didn't realize you could try on the jeans without asking permission?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

As a man who does indeed pack a big dick, I can confirm that scenario happens on a near daily basis where my enormous penis must be spoken of and also leads to people being fired.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

oldpainless posted:

As a man who does indeed pack a big dick, I can confirm that scenario happens on a near daily basis where my enormous penis must be spoken of and also leads to people being fired.

More like, olddickMORE

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Aleph Null posted:

It is trash like all comic book movies, actually. I refuse to celebrate the fact that a huge company is now more effective at duping people into watching their poo poo movies under the guise of some progressive ideas.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Yeah, well, at least you don't deal daily with assault charges like I have to. I mean, I drop trou to try something on, turn around to ask a question, and BAM! 15 concussions... Then everybody claps, and I end up married AGAIN! The divorce settlements are why I am poor.

Paladinus posted:

It is trash like all comic book movies, actually. I refuse to celebrate the fact that a huge company is now more effective at duping people into watching their poo poo movies under the guise of some progressive ideas.

Yeah, no. They just made a well-crafted and enjoyable movie about an awesome, previously underappreciated superheroine.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's a pretty standard origin movie. Cool that it's made by and stars a lot of women, but calling it revolutionary is pretty silly.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
DC friends take what they can get.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

It's a pretty standard origin movie. Cool that it's made by and stars a lot of women, but calling it revolutionary is pretty silly.

Tragically, a female-driven movie about a heroine doing as well as it did is revolutionary, especially across such a relatively large demographic.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

oldpainless posted:

more like boldpenis

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Sounds like you need some DELUTH TRADING COMPANY ROOM FOR YOUR DICK PANTS.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
"The revolution is here! Only 13.99!!!"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Samizdata posted:

Tragically, a female-driven movie about a heroine doing as well as it did is revolutionary, especially across such a relatively large demographic.

I think that if it wasn't Wonder Woman, it wouldn't have been nearly as well-received. I thought it was okay (which makes it the best DCU movie by far), but people acted like it's the second coming of Christ.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Wonder Woman is a fine superhero movie. But most superhero movies don't really deserve awards.

This has no bearing on whether that Starbucks story happened. It did not.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
pardon me madam but do you have any jeans befitting a gentleman with a godzilla schlong??

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I think that if it wasn't Wonder Woman, it wouldn't have been nearly as well-received. I thought it was okay (which makes it the best DCU movie by far), but people acted like it's the second coming of Christ.

Yeah, it's more the second coming of Athena

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

chitoryu12 posted:

The only other one I can think of off the top of my head was Elektra. Me watching that was poo poo I really wish didn't happen.

e: also catwoman with halle berry. Wonder Woman was a work of art compared to those, but that's not saying anything really.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 18:01 on Jan 9, 2018

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wonder Woman is great because of the example it sets, but there is a weird tendency to dismiss how otherwise standard it is because if that. Snappy quips, origin story, video game boss climax, etc.

I loved Atomic Blonde for how matter of fact my it treated the main character, but then we get a cringey sex scene whose first priority is titillation, followed by the love interest being killed off to give her some motivation. Felt pretty jarring to swerve into that stuff when it's got really strong material otherwise.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lot of hot takes on internationally successful DC film Wonder Woman, in this here stdh thread.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
hot take: i like how wonder woman only defeated the god villain after chris pike filled her with man-sausage

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

hot take: i like ares' mustache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

But could wonder woman beat power loader ripley?