Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
We can't be living in the past anymore.

Anyway, gently caress a Jayhawk. God Bless. Let's a take a second to remember the last time Iowa State played in Lawrence.

https://twitter.com/TitanicHoops/status/827995033882206208

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I forgot to put basketball in the title so I guess post about Gymnastics or Wrestling or Swimming or whatever too.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Going to watch my first game of the season this evening, I think.

gently caress OU. gently caress Kansas.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

gently caress OU. gently caress Kansas.

I'm down.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
10:30 into the game and Trae Young finally gets his first points from the free throw line.

e: but Tech's not playing a very clean game offensively. Lots of misses, some lazy transition offense, bad turnovers.

Young gets a +1.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I hate having to play the game after West Virginia almost as much as I hate playing West Virginia.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
DeAndre Hunter singlehandedly keeping UVA out in front of Syracuse, gently caress a zone.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Aggies to 0-4 in conference after being #6 in the polls 2 weeks ago. Still a loaded squad, but they need to get healthy soon.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

General Dog posted:

Aggies to 0-4 in conference after being #6 in the polls 2 weeks ago. Still a loaded squad, but they need to get healthy soon.

They pissed it away, some dumb turnovers and lots of missed FTs.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Held OU to their lowest score of their season, but Tech's offense couldn't find anything and we lost by 10. :(

Still in this. Beat WVU at home and it'll be a wide open race to the top.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Lots of homecooking for the Wolverines, just got a shot clock reset based on a dribble by Cline.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Clones are playing way better than I thought they would.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska finally beats Wisconsin in something. Ugly-rear end game, but we matched last season's win total :unsmith:

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Michigan gets their first lead, Purdue switching too much leaving Haas on guards at the 3 point line.

Michigan also helped out by missing FTs so bad they end up with the rebound on 2 possessions so far.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue ball, come on

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Iowa State players seem really likable this season, shame they don't completely know what they're doing yet.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

PotatoJudge posted:

Purdue ball, come on

lol are you kidding me? By this rule every single time a defensive player slaps the ball out of bounds it should be defense's ball. Of course it's always coming off the offensive player's hand, but it went out of bounds directly from the slap. He hit his hand anyway so it should have been two shots.

I was hoping Ted Valentine being gone might make the Big 10 not a joke, but here we are

PotatoJudge posted:

Lots of homecooking for the Wolverines, just got a shot clock reset based on a dribble by Cline.

lol our best player sat on the bench for 8 minutes in the 2nd half because of two horrible calls in a row, and now this. Some real homecooking, yes.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

lol are you kidding me? By this rule every single time a defensive player slaps the ball out of bounds it should be defense's ball. Of course it's always coming off the offensive player's hand, but it went out of bounds directly from the slap. He hit his hand anyway so it should have been two shots.

I was hoping Ted Valentine being gone might make the Big 10 not a joke, but here we are

lol our best player sat on the bench for 8 minutes in the 2nd half because of two horrible calls in a row, and now this. Some real homecooking, yes.

They mugged Haas all night and got away with back to back travels that ended up 3s. It's been very friendly for Michigan tonight.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

14-8 foul disparity is average home cooking. Especially in the “let em play” Big 10.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

PotatoJudge posted:

They mugged Haas all night and got away with back to back travels that ended up 3s. It's been very friendly for Michigan tonight.

hahhahaa homecooking

gently caress off

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
You just got the winning possession off an overrule that would literally never be called in the history of basketball on replay

This conference is a joke at everything

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I legitimately hate this conference and all sports

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

You just got the winning possession off an overrule that would literally never be called in the history of basketball on replay

He was the last man touching the ball, review got the call right.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

PotatoJudge posted:

He was the last man touching the ball, review got the call right.

The defender slapped the ball out of his hands, and it went directly out of bounds. By that rule, literally every slap away to ever happen should be defense's ball. Of course it was still touching his hand for a millsecond after the defender knocked it away, that's literally how it is EVERY TIME. And the defense NEVER GETS THE BALL, because that's now how it's officiated or called. EVER. Because the referees don't spend five loving minutes looking at the call frame by frame to change it.

Except this one time, when Michigan was getting some of that sweet, sweet, home cooking from the refs.

It would really be loving great if the supposed prestige program everyone hates who never wins anything could get a close call in an important game any sport ever

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The defender slapped the ball out of his hands, and it went directly out of bounds. By that rule, literally every slap away to ever happen should be defense's ball. Of course it was still touching his hand for a millsecond after the defender knocked it away, that's literally how it is EVERY TIME. And the defense NEVER GETS THE BALL, because that's now how it's officiated or called. EVER. Because the referees don't spend five loving minutes looking at the call frame by frame to change it.

Except this one time, when Michigan was getting some of that sweet, sweet, home cooking from the refs.

It would really be loving great if the supposed prestige program everyone hates who never wins anything could get a close call in an important game any sport ever

Lol is this how Michigan fans are all the time?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Well, Haas is the most overrated player in the country and Purdue isn't going anywhere this season. So at least there's that.

Good luck with a couple sub 6' guys throwing up crazy threes for your offense the rest of the season.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

FartingBedpost posted:

Yes, other fans never get angry about horrifically bad calls directly costing them a game. It's just Michigan fans.

The NCAA should make replay available the entire game. Review every single time the ball goes out of bounds for 5+ minutes. Don't even let the referees make a call on the court, just go directly to replay every time. That's what the fans want

At least the next game is in East Lansing, where I'm sure, once again, the home team will be on the short end of the stick on any close calls.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

FartingBedpost posted:

Yeah, it sucks.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Nice meltdown

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

ColdBlooded posted:

Nice meltdown

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

16 assist/0 turnover game for BMac

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Nc State really, really tried to gently caress it up but ended up beating Clemson. Back to back wins against the top 25 hasn’t happened in a while. Yurtseven was in altered beast mode, he clearly can hit 3s consistently and if he keeps doing it that’s a real matchup headache.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

elentar posted:

Nc State really, really tried to gently caress it up but ended up beating Clemson. Back to back wins against the top 25 hasn’t happened in a while. Yurtseven was in altered beast mode, he clearly can hit 3s consistently and if he keeps doing it that’s a real matchup headache.

It was dicey there but I am starting to wonder if Keatts can be the one to finally overcome NC State poo poo. Markell being back soon will help get Beverly/Hunt/maybe Freeman on the bench a little more and doing fewer incredibly dumb things.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
6 minutes into the first half Michigan have been called for 8 fouls

Ted Valentine is reffing this game

To be fair, he's also called MSU for 5. He's just that bad

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Nah ive started seeing these calls in the last couple years. You're right though, it's wrong on an intuitive level and is only enabled by frame-by-frame slow motion replay reviews. before that existed they always got these calls "wrong" and it was more accurate

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Michigan putting away MSU, just need to hit FTs

So they inbound it to the 50% free throw shooter

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 13, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I didn't realize there was a new thread, someone close the old one.

I'm going to be sitting here angry about that K State final possession for like the next half hour. You don't have to go crazy and out of control but play with a little goddamned pace.

GhostOfMagellan
Mar 12, 2012
gently caress Tom Izzo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
trae :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
lol tcu all closing to trae leaving a shooter wide open

• Locked thread