Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

axeil posted:

Jesus, what happened between 5 AM and 6 AM

that's just the cutoff of the last hourly update, so there's a -$250,000 being averaged into the hourly rate.
e: new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Slickdrac posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t3KTgd6Qz5c5PMPKSqdUjZmcq4EbsNPk5gGa0EIfkSo/edit#gid=1303272005

Charts updated through Monday. Since that very weak showing from 1 until 9 AM, donations have been the strongest in comparison to last years events. Finally pushed ahead of SGDQ.

$50k or so is a lot to make up, and it looks like ADGQ "pulled ahead" in 2017 in the 6pm-7pm hour last year, which was Pokemon Emerald

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

My updated recommendations so far (runs I've seen myself)

Skyrim (it's a marvelous trainwreck, funny tricks and glitches) <- Best Run candidate
Contra (how much in sync two runners can be)
Aladdin (great movements, singing: the EU edition)
Donkey Kong Country 2 race
DKC1 reverse boss order
El Matador (spinning and sliding, physics and walls optional) <- Best Run candidate
Rayman (great commentary even if you don't like Rayman)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Everybody Loves Rayman

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

TeaJay posted:

Skyrim (it's a marvelous trainwreck, funny tricks and glitches) <- Best Run candidate
DKC1 reverse boss order
El Matador (spinning and sliding, physics and walls optional) <- Best Run candidate

Adding to this:

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Showcases some insane skips, audience participation, CITY ESCAPE SINGALONG)
Sonic Mania (excellent run of an excellent game, shows off some skips and glitches)
Mega Man X4 (the run itself is okay but make sure to scroll to page 170 in the chat thread and follow along for maximum enjoyment)
Mega Man X race (really close race)

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
The MG3 run was a bit of a trainwreck but the woman singing Snake Eater at the end makes it a highlight

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance was great. Lots of ridiculous broken zipping. Also make sure to stick around for the "no bosses" run at the very end!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

TeaJay posted:

DKC1 reverse boss order

DizzyBum posted:

Adding to this:

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Showcases some insane skips, audience participation, CITY ESCAPE SINGALONG)
Sonic Mania (excellent run of an excellent game, shows off some skips and glitches)
Mega Man X4 (the run itself is okay but make sure to scroll to page 170 in the chat thread and follow along for maximum enjoyment)
Mega Man X race (really close race)

Magical Pop'n (Cute game that was worth the watch)
Wario's Woods (Cool technobabble that was super interesting)
MGS (super cool run for super cool goons)
Burnout Paradise (The fuckup that spawned a donation spree meme; WR)
E: Castlevania: HoD (Really cool run with an insane any% at the end)

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 9, 2018

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The Lobster posted:

Magical Pop'n (Cute game that was worth the watch)
Wario's Woods (Cool technobabble that was super interesting)
MGS (super cool run for super cool goons)
Burnout Paradise (The fuckup that spawned a donation spree meme; WR)
E: Castlevania: HoD (Really cool run with an insane any% at the end)

I'm probably gonna catch up and watch Burnout Paradise during Fire Emblem.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

SotN run was great.

Lots of good runs already this year, I'm pleased. :)

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Besides the good runs, I also think a lot more of the commentary is on point. Quite a few runners were plain pleasant and earnest. A lot were informative and seem to have some structure to how they wanted to show information. Not a lot of jokes that get run into the ground.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

So far the couch and commentary has been consistently good. Much better overall than last years.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Waffles Inc. posted:

$50k or so is a lot to make up, and it looks like ADGQ "pulled ahead" in 2017 in the 6pm-7pm hour last year, which was Pokemon Emerald

Based on the trend, memes/donation comedy is the best way to get large amounts of donations. Couches, commentary has been very strong, game recognition doesn't seem to really have a significant effect, but now solidly back below both of last years.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

E: this isn't the chat thread.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

So how was that SOTN no bosses run? Crazy glitching involved?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

TeaJay posted:

So how was that SOTN no bosses run? Crazy glitching involved?

We were all entranced by how t h i c c medusa is

E: Whoops wrong thread.

The run was a blast; like most SOTN runs it's crazy to see how broken it gets. There was a ton of stuff worth checking out and it wasn't very long. Would recommend as a solid run.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Maybe some year someone will submit a good Daikatana run and not have a runner/couch that totally fucks up the golden opportunity that Daikatana is.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Someone dropped $4000 in an eleventh hour snipe to select Toad for the end of Super Mario 3D world. Amazing.

https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/donation/394138

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
I'm heading up there now, will be on site for the next couple days watching games and interviewing people for a book project. Especially there for the Awful Games block, but looking forward to it all again.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

JerikTelorian posted:

Someone dropped $4000 in an eleventh hour snipe to select Toad for the end of Super Mario 3D world. Amazing.

This was a treat.

The run itself was also really good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

JerikTelorian posted:

:owned:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I remember checking the schedule earlier today and now they're like an hour behind what I saw then, what happened?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I remember checking the schedule earlier today and now they're like an hour behind what I saw then, what happened?

A handful of runs have gone over estimate today.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
gently caress yeah, Hootey on the mic!

e: oh wait poo poo, wrong thread. Anyways, I'm glad Hoots is on the mic. He's a great dude that does a bunch of stuff for the Vinesauce yearly charity.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Watch Resident Evil 7. This RE3 race is good so far too.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Silent Hill run is pretty good. The runner is really good at the game and good at explaining all his tech and his commentary is really lively.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

The Colonel posted:

Silent Hill run is pretty good. The runner is really good at the game and good at explaining all his tech and his commentary is really lively.

He's also a goon by the name of SuccinctAndPunchy

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

The Colonel posted:

He's also a goon! :eng101:

E;fb

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Just wanted to pop in to tell Punchy how much I enjoyed his run. Good poo poo my dude!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Punchy's Silent Hill run will be recommended, solid run and good commentary.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I also recommend the Half Life Opposing Forces run, which is really good to look at and the commentary was stellar.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kikas posted:

I also recommend the Half Life Opposing Forces run, which is really good to look at and the commentary was stellar.

Seconded

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Kikas posted:

Usually I associate Half Life runs with quicksave/quickload mashing and moving millimeters into walls. Does his take a different angle?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

JerikTelorian posted:

Usually I associate Half Life runs with quicksave/quickload mashing and moving millimeters into walls. Does his take a different angle?

There is a lot of Quicksaving/loading, but I don't think there was any oob, there were a few framerate specific tricks, and really, this run is so loving fast and so dangerous that the saves are there for safety, with all the damage boosts and long jumps with the Dislocator it's 20 minutes of constant peril. The "inch a bit into a wall" is mostly HL2 strat from what I've seen over the years, the first HL games are an excercise in bunnyhopping and damage boosting and you go really fast.

Plus the ending is pretty great.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

so RE7 was obviously incredible and sounds like Silent Hill was good--anything else overnight a must watch?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Waffles Inc. posted:

so RE7 was obviously incredible and sounds like Silent Hill was good--anything else overnight a must watch?

The RE3 race was pretty good, and Toy Story was a fun run as well.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I see Snake Rattle n Roll coming up in a few minutes, that one will probably be pretty wild

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Batman race was super tight.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hearing BobtheNinjaGoldfish on the mic is always cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

PJ's attack button dies at an extremely bad time.

Classic PJ.

Edit: Not just that - his attack button transformed into an insert credit button.

What.

• Locked thread