Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

swickles posted:

I only know about Santa Barbara from Psych and the UCSB Banana Slugs. Both make me want to live there.

UCSB GAUCHOS!!!!! Olé Olé Olé!

UCSC are the Banana Slugs you jerk :argh:

vv my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
UCSB GAUCHOS

OLE

OLE OLE OLEEEE

(banana slugs are uc santa cruz)

Edit: and the best part about Psych is how little it actually looks like Santa Barbara. They went to my old job (Santa Barbara Presidio) in an episode and... poo poo aint close.

The establishing shots make me miss the american riviera though :sigh:

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 10, 2018

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I guess that's a reversal, then, or maybe Simpson decided to overrule his own attorney's concerns. The request not to release the transcript is part of the transcript and attributed to Mr. Simpson's attorney; it would seem odd to explicitly ask for it to be kept private if they wanted the opposite.

I also think it's worth noting that the article you cite says there were 21 hours of testimony. The transcript that was linked in this thread is of a single day's testimony, less than 8 hours total. If there's more testimony, I haven't seen it. So it may be that Simpson/Fusion GPS were requesting that other, as-yet unreleased testimony to be released, vs. the specific transcript that has been released? I'm speculating.

They asked for it to be released after republicans began to selective leak portions of it, then asked the DOJ to investigate them as an effort to smear them.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I guess that's a reversal, then, or maybe Simpson decided to overrule his own attorney's concerns. The request not to release the transcript is part of the transcript and attributed to Mr. Simpson's attorney; it would seem odd to explicitly ask for it to be kept private if they wanted the opposite.

I also think it's worth noting that the article you cite says there were 21 hours of testimony. The transcript that was linked in this thread is of a single day's testimony, less than 8 hours total. If there's more testimony, I haven't seen it. So it may be that Simpson/Fusion GPS were requesting that other, as-yet unreleased testimony to be released, vs. the specific transcript that has been released? I'm speculating.

It was from a week ago. They want all of it released, partially because it seems as though they told them things they want the public to now. Again, speculating on my part too. Either way those GOP fuckers had something to hide.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

They asked for it to be released after republicans began to selective leak portions of it, then asked the DOJ to investigate them as an effort to smear them.

Consider the levels of stupidity and hubris required for politicians to attack and attempt to smear a political opposition research firm. You know... experts at closet skeleton excavation. If Fusion GPS was less professional, they could do some pro-bono research and release it to the press...

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

swickles posted:

I only know about Santa Barbara from Psych and the UCSB Banana Slugs. Both make me want to live there.

santa cruz is the banana slugs

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
A huge rear end earthquake just hit off the coast of Honduras and now Belize and Honduras are under a 0.3-1m tsunami warning :ohdear:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Blitz7x posted:

A huge rear end earthquake just hit off the coast of Honduras and now Belize and Honduras are under a 0.3-1m tsunami warning :ohdear:

I don't know enough about the coastal terrain of those areas to know how bad a 1-3 foot tsunami would be

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

seiferguy posted:

Gonna need to do cardio this week to get my endurance back up. Suggestions?

It's less important what type of cardio you do and more important that you do it regularly or daily IMO. Pick something that doesn't leave you in clear and obvious pain, bearing in mind that you're going to feel sore and out of breath for the first few weeks that you do it.

Hell, when I ran cross country and track in HS we had a couple of soccer guys come out for the team in my junior year and they were surprisingly good for having no "formal" running background.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
All I care about is Santa Barara having oceans, forests, food trucks, and psychic dectives. Please tell me the Mexican place that injects sour cream into each bean exists.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

swickles posted:

All I care about is Santa Barara having oceans, forests, food trucks, and psychic dectives. Please tell me the Mexican place that injects sour cream into each bean exists.

its all dipshits that put pico and fries in burritos, sorry

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

hifi posted:

Zonies Go Home

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Blitz7x posted:

Well poo poo, my parents are in Belize, hope they don’t get too far underwater

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

swickles posted:

I won't say no because I'm assuming I haven't found it yet. All the other stuff is true though, 100%. There's a Psychic Detective Academy at the Santa Barbara Police Department. They have an uncanny ability to spot criminals who also happen to be minorities, it's amazing! And the best fish n chips I've ever had that wasn't in London itself is there too. And Freebirds and the Funk Zone...so much food and booze, hell, I think I'm gonna take a trip there for a little me time..glad it's only two hours away :)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

hifi posted:

lol check out the wrong guy

Santa Barbara is actually home to Julia Childs's favorite burrito place (La Super Rica Taqueria) in addition to Super Cucas and Freebirds (the original not the trash fake lovely chain) and various other smaller places.

Don't @ Santa Barbara about burritos

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Burritos were at least 50% of my diet in college.

The Glumslinger posted:

I don't know enough about the coastal terrain of those areas to know how bad a 1-3 foot tsunami would be
I just looked at some sea level maps and population density/distribution maps, and it won't be as bad as it sounds. Most of the population is inland. e: the warning was already cancelled :toot:

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 10, 2018

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

lol check out the wrong guy

Santa Barbara is actually home to Julia Childs's favorite burrito place (La Super Rica Taqueria) in addition to Super Cucas and Freebirds (the original not the trash fake lovely chain) and various other smaller places.

Don't @ Santa Barbara about burritos

challenge accepted, santa barbara

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Mine is 100% of your mom's.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

C-Euro posted:

It's less important what type of cardio you do and more important that you do it regularly or daily IMO. Pick something that doesn't leave you in clear and obvious pain, bearing in mind that you're going to feel sore and out of breath for the first few weeks that you do it.

Hell, when I ran cross country and track in HS we had a couple of soccer guys come out for the team in my junior year and they were surprisingly good for having no "formal" running background.

Yeah I think my goal will be to work out two to three times a week to start with a variety of cardio, then have soccer. At the end of the month I also start up flag football again, so I'm hoping with soccer + flag football + 2 days of cardio I won't be such a wimp that feels ready to puke.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chichevache posted:

My mom makes delicious breakfast burrito's you could do worse.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Not sure Ensure and soup is the ideal diet for a growing young boy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I just looked at some sea level maps and population density/distribution maps, and it won't be as bad as it sounds. Most of the population is inland. e: the warning was already cancelled :toot:

Boy I swear if the other half wasn't IV Deli and Naan Stop

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Dude, I used to get free Naan Stop because I would hook up the owner with my employee discount when he bought his morning E&J at Six Pack :c00lbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It appears the Awful app doesn't load Twitter images anymore.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Oh also whoever shared http://oglaf.com/ the other day, that poo poo is hilarious :laffo:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Its Rinaldo posted:

My mom makes delicious breakfast burrito's you could do worse.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Not sure Ensure and soup is the ideal diet for a growing young boy

drat my ambiguous word choice! :argh:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Greetings.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Played indoor soccer for the first time in forever. Played goalie for one half and didn't embarrass myself. Played defense second half and did embarrass myself. I was so out of breath by the end of the game I almost hurled. Our best player got a red card for head butting someone after he got shoved down, oops. Was honestly worried he'd get a permanent ban.

Gonna need to do cardio this week to get my endurance back up. Suggestions?

Tabata

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

seiferguy posted:

It appears the Awful app doesn't load Twitter images anymore.

Glad it's not just me

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

seiferguy posted:

Yeah I think my goal will be to work out two to three times a week to start with a variety of cardio, then have soccer. At the end of the month I also start up flag football again, so I'm hoping with soccer + flag football + 2 days of cardio I won't be such a wimp that feels ready to puke.

Yep your body just needs to adjust, and it will quickly, but Im sure your lungs were burning!

For indoor if you want my advice, I would do some HIIT stuff that simulates the stop and start movement of soccer where its like 0 to 60 in 1 second. You can hit up good, there are a ton of HIIT programs of all flavors.

Grats though man, Im getting the itch to do...something...again. I played indoor soccer, softball, volleyball and flag and then the kids came and I just havent gotten back into it. I miss it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My wife and I work at the same place and are both part of a two day company strategy meeting.

I realized my new favorite thing is pretending I'm going to embarrass her by asking dumb questions or just acting like a jackass and she goes, "seriously please don't do that" and I relish that little bit of panic I hear in her voice lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

My wife and I work at the same place and are both part of a two day company strategy meeting.

I realized my new favorite thing is pretending I'm going to embarrass her by asking dumb questions or just acting like a jackass and she goes, "seriously please don't do that" and I relish that little bit of panic I hear in her voice lol

Kids or not, you're morphing into dad humor.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

My favorite thing is making my girlfriend laugh even though she's really annoyed at my dumb comments
Then she gets mad she's laughing but laughs even harder. It's great

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Blitz7x posted:

Glad it's not just me

broke for me yesterday, I assume it will be fixed soon enough.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

hifi posted:

What the hell is wrong with pico in a burrito?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Well, I had no idea that a woman I worked with on a merger for a few months last year was running for mayor, but she's apparently the first Hispanic mayor of Topeka now, which is cool.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol Trump is creating an exception for Florida to prevent offshore drilling, hm I wonder if this has anything to do with his coastal properties in Florida

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Actually that’s all thanks to ¡Jeb!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

For a second I thought Luke Harper was in JCVJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

lol Trump is creating an exception for Florida to prevent offshore drilling, hm I wonder if this has anything to do with his coastal properties in Florida

Nah rick Scott bodied him lol