Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I'm a bit disappointed with the heart to hearts in this. I quite liked having to unlock them in XC1 and XCX but in this they're just there and many of them don't really offer you anything new. I've had some fun ones like Wulfric in Fonsett but very very few generally.

I might be a little frustrated because I just spent ages (chapter 8) passing tests in Land of Morytha and then all I got out of it was Zeke, Rex and Nia having a chat about the city and wondering if anyone lived there even though Jin has told us that they definitely did.

quote:

Speaking of development, is it possible to get the deed for Cafe Lutino after it moves to Lefteria? I thought I had done all the merc missions, but I'm missing a deed for that shop.

The only one I've seen for there is called Wagon Train. I'd sent 90k to Leftheria ages ago though so perhaps I did do the quest. Which it lets you do even when the loving place isn't IN Lefteria and makes you search for ages for this mystery cafe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The Ardainian military are hyped as gently caress to do their jobs.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Taear posted:

I'm a bit disappointed with the heart to hearts in this. I quite liked having to unlock them in XC1 and XCX but in this they're just there and many of them don't really offer you anything new. I've had some fun ones like Wulfric in Fonsett but very very few generally.

I might be a little frustrated because I just spent ages (chapter 8) passing tests in Land of Morytha and then all I got out of it was Zeke, Rex and Nia having a chat about the city and wondering if anyone lived there even though Jin has told us that they definitely did.

You know, I was just about to say that I love what they did with the h2hs. They're now basically skits from the Tales series, and the rare blades getting in on the action is also brilliant. In my 80 hours of XC1 I think I viewed like three h2hs. Not having to unlock them beyond having the right party members is great imo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah, I love the heart2hearts as well

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, I love the heart2hearts as well

I think it's more that they're not a good "reward" at the end of unlocking some stuff. Two level 9 earth checks and I get a heart to heart with no info or unlocks? It's just disappointing.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not everything has to be some sort of reward

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The reward is friendship

e: also if you were at the place I think you were then you missed a gold chest that has (I think) a nopon dubloon in it up there.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jan 10, 2018

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I just reached ch 10, is the end boss behind his big door at the beginning or is there more dungeon?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
End boss has a message saying it's the final boss

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

The reward is friendship

e: also if you were at the place I think you were then you missed a gold chest that has (I think) a nopon dubloon in it up there.

I did get that one, but there's another test after it!

What do nopon dubloons even do anyway?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Taear posted:

Subquest collectible. Otherwise useless.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Learning about Gramps's love life is far from useless

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Taear posted:

There is a sidequest in argentum on one of the top inside decks that becomes available late in the story that asks you to find them all.

I haven't finished it yet but apparently you also have to spend 1 million g to finish the quest.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Subquest collectible. Otherwise useless.

Man, it acts as though it's something really huge when you pick them up. The same way as an Overdrive does.
Another part of the game that's just...weird. Bad design. I'm glad that I can get them when I don't have the quest yet but it'd be nice if it gave me an idea what it was for. "Someone in Argentum might like this" or something.

quote:

There is a sidequest in argentum on one of the top inside decks that becomes available late in the story that asks you to find them all.
Are you not thinking of Captain Nopopon there? That's in THE top deck of Argentum.
Unless there's another also up there.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

no, it's a different sidequest that's inside Argentum but in the upper area. There's a nopon next to a treasure chest and you need all the doubloons to open it

paying the 1 million G wasn't a big deal because I'd just purged my accessories so I had over 3 mil by then

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

U-DO Burger posted:

no, it's a different sidequest that's inside Argentum but in the upper area. There's a nopon next to a treasure chest and you need all the doubloons to open it

paying the 1 million G wasn't a big deal because I'd just purged my accessories so I had over 3 mil by then

Is it worth it? I guess that's hard to quantify but does it give some rare/legendary cores or anything unique?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Real idiots like me do the quest regardless, not because of the reward, but because it is there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Amppelix posted:

Real idiots like me do the quest regardless, not because of the reward, but because it is there.

:yeah:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Amppelix posted:

I like to play game

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Taear posted:

does it give some rare/legendary cores or anything unique?

no but I liked the dialogue so to me it was worth it

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Amppelix posted:

To be honest I do too but if it's extremely annoying I won't bother. And collecting those dubloons does seem pretty annoying.

I was more asking because it'd be nice if at least once a quest that's really hard gave something really good, but Xenoblade doesn't seem interested in that sort of thing. Like if the super hard quest at the top of Argentum that's done over lots of different quests gave a nopon themed blade, maybe.
It's me wishing blades all came from quests.

Taear fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 10, 2018

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Anyone know if dev levels are locked due to story/merc missions/something? I sold a shitload and Argentum seems to be stuck.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Shouldn't be, I maxed every area available in chapter 4. You do need to make an awful lot of turnover happen.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Taear posted:

Man, it acts as though it's something really huge when you pick them up. The same way as an Overdrive does.

When I got my first couple overdrives I was like “wow why would they hide this functionality somewhere as a key item oh well” and then I learned they were one-use :(

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

When I got my first couple overdrives I was like “wow why would they hide this functionality somewhere as a key item oh well” and then I learned they were one-use :(

and they don't even ask for a confirmation before you consume one lol

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Speaking of stuff found up high in Argentum, there's a locked door at the very tippy top of the place. I even have a sidequest to go check it out. Where is the key to the door?

I don't know why I bother with all these Lockpicking Blades if I still need to hunt down a stupid key to unlock a door.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

Speaking of stuff found up high in Argentum, there's a locked door at the very tippy top of the place. I even have a sidequest to go check it out. Where is the key to the door?

I don't know why I bother with all these Lockpicking Blades if I still need to hunt down a stupid key to unlock a door.

You get that from another quest. I think it's the Nopon Murals one in Garfont?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

U-DO Burger posted:

Yeah, it's that one. You need to pass various skill tests to access them so hopefully you've been using your cores.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

Doesn't that quest actually start with a researcher at Mor Ardain? Or am I confusing this

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Amppelix posted:

Doesn't that quest actually start with a researcher at Mor Ardain? Or am I confusing this

Yeah, it starts in Mor Ardain where you get asked to smuggle the guy into somewhere to inspect the Nopon murals in a Merc Mission, and then after completing that one he relocated to Garfont for the second part of the quest.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Where do I farm Critical Restore V aux cores from?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Where do I farm Critical Restore V aux cores from?

Poppi is the only one who gets Crit Restore aux cores which you can just make from ether crystals, if you want crit restore on another character you need an Avant Garde Medal which is a drop from a unique monster you have access to in Chapter 8

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Poppi is the only one who gets Crit Restore aux cores which you can just make from ether crystals, if you want crit restore on another character you need an Avant Garde Medal which is a drop from a unique monster you have access to in Chapter 8

Oh alright, I have a bunch of those but I thought there was an aux core, too. Thanks.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Anecdotes of being super OP aside, doesn't Poppi QTpi having 6 skill slots make her flat-out objectively better than "regular" blades, which can only have 3 skills? I guess it's balanced somewhat by base Poppi having (IIRC) just 2, but I think that all total Tora can still put more skills to use.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ytlaya posted:

Anecdotes of being super OP aside, doesn't Poppi QTpi having 6 skill slots make her flat-out objectively better than "regular" blades, which can only have 3 skills? I guess it's balanced somewhat by base Poppi having (IIRC) just 2, but I think that all total Tora can still put more skills to use.

Reminder that not only do all poppi's have skill slots but standard blade skills as well in her affinity tree

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm getting close to the end of the main story now, and I really don't want it to end. It's a good thing there's so much post game content, I'm personally nowhere near done no matter what the game says. :colbert: Have they said anything about the DLC yet? the 'new quests' are supposed to be this month.

edit: Getting all the forestry you need for QTpi is obnoxious

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 10, 2018

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

U-DO Burger posted:

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, it's that one. You need to pass various skill tests to access them so hopefully you've been using your cores.

Oh boy have I ever... I have plenty of cannon fodder to throw at skill checks. No worries. Guess I should go finish that quest.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I have a couple of those as well, but I forgot where I got them. Rex and Five already have one. Question, should I be going for crit(heal) on healers, or block rate?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Depends, are you putting a healer blade on Rex/Five or using a character exclusively for healing? If you're going for a heal character, go with block because 1/3 of your attack skills are going towards a skill that does no damage, and healing weapons generally have the worst attack skillsets and attack animations. Also on your healer character, make sure you don't have any skills with break on any of their blades because they'll very very often prioritize going for the break as opposed to healing.

Slapping a healing character on an attacker means you wanna stick with the critheal. Boreas can heal your whole party when critting, and Ursula heals everyone just by being switched to and knuckles are the most viable healer critheal weapon, and even some attack-based blades like KOSMOS can heal the party with their level 3 special, so it's possible to go with a no-healer team with a setup like that

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Is there any way to switch audio to Japanese?

Honest to god, I never thought I'd ever choose Japanese audio over English, but this dub is absolutely heinous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

Is there any way to switch audio to Japanese?

Honest to god, I never thought I'd ever choose Japanese audio over English, but this dub is absolutely heinous.

Press minus and go to setting (you have to have downloaded a patch to get the JP audio)