Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hulu added 5 million subscribers last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My favorite thing about season 1 of Eagleheart is how the guy playing the boss spent an entire season with a fake gut and his cheeks puffed out just so they could do a joke about him losing weight in the finale.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That was an incredible series. The Bezoar episode is timeless.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

feedmyleg posted:

What a coincidence, there was an article on LOST on Kotaku 3 days ago with the same talking points.

Lol I'm not touching Kotaku, but I did just finish watching the show again with someone who had never seen it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Eagleheart went downhill after Brett Gelman left.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Did you know: there are only 50 Canadian actors and they are forced to be in every genre show on Tv.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That Han Solo movie is ostensibly coming out in 4 months and we haven't even seen a trailer yet. I have more faith in that lovely looking Krypton show.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's also doing reshoots again.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Eagleheart went downhill after Brett Gelman left.

Agreed only Adult Swim as a whole.

It was totally worth it though because now they have the intelligent and timeless comedy of rising comic star Sam Hyde to take his place.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Did you know: there are only 50 Canadian actors and they are forced to be in every genre show on Tv.

I can't tell if they're just re-using Canadian actors or if they're being ironic casting a bunch of actors who were main characters in Continuum in small parts in Travelers.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

muscles like this! posted:

I can't tell if they're just re-using Canadian actors or if they're being ironic casting a bunch of actors who were main characters in Continuum in small parts in Travelers.

They all live in Vancouver

http://www.whatsfilming.ca/inproduction/

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah I just started s2 and so far we got the dude who wanted to be rich from Continuum and the russian lady from the s4 Arrow flashbacks. And Amanda Tapping, who I understand is also required by Canadian law to also direct every genre show

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

GreenNight posted:

It's also doing reshoots again.

I mean, it worked for Rogue 1, so maybe this will too?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

That Han Solo movie is ostensibly coming out in 4 months and we haven't even seen a trailer yet. I have more faith in that lovely looking Krypton show.

It was already delayed to December, I thought. It will be either way.

Also Gelman never left Eagleheart

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It turns out Brett was in our Eagleheart all along.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He does have a reduced role in s3 but that’s the masterpiece season I posted the link to at the end of last page. It’s easily my favourite single season of TV to come out of Adult Swim.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Caught the first 2 episodes of LA to Las Vegas and so far enjoying it. Dylan McDermott plays a great captain and I have always enjoyed his past shows especially Dark blue.

And Peter Stormare is great in this.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

lmao it'll be a goddamn miracle if that thing is any good

I certainly have no interest in seeing it, though, and I say that as a Star Wars fan of almost 3 decades.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Caught the first 2 episodes of LA to Las Vegas and so far enjoying it. Dylan McDermott plays a great captain and I have always enjoyed his past shows especially Dark blue.

And Peter Stormare is great in this.

Yeah McDermott is such a straight man in this he's gone all the way to being psychotic. There's no barometer to how much he commits to the stupidest jokes here.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

lmao it'll be a goddamn miracle if that thing is any good

I certainly have no interest in seeing it, though, and I say that as a Star Wars fan of almost 3 decades.

Aren’t you one of the weird monsters who doesn’t like Last Jedi

but yeah no way Solo is good. I had faith despite myself when it was Lord/Miller, but now? Forget it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It would’ve been super fun as a Lord/Miller film. This is the first real time I think Disney have dropped the ball.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

but yeah no way Solo is good. I had faith despite myself when it was Lord/Miller, but now? Forget it.
Yeah, no more Lord/Miller and The Last Jedi sucking has killed any interest I would've had in Solo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What's it like in your backwards reality

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s not worth it Arist. Just let the Wrong People live in their lil bubble.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

EL BROMANCE posted:

It would’ve been super fun as a Lord/Miller film. This is the first real time I think Disney have dropped the ball.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah, Lord and Miller can basically save any premise and make an engaging, funny movie. They even made a good comedy sequel with 22 Jump Street, which is nearly impossible.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I wanted to like it! I got my ticket months ahead of time and was looking forward to it from basically the moment TFA ended opening night in theaters, so for 2 years. I just didn't like anything about it. Thought I was being too hard on it, so I saw it again and still thought it sucked v:shobon:v

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

EL BROMANCE posted:

It would be very interesting to hear the full story about what happened but we probably never will. I think troubled productions are very interesting to read about.

The strangest one about this one is the story about the lead actor apparently not being able to act so they needed to get an acting coach for him, because I remember one panel he was on where he was explaining how the audition process lasted months; if you're auditioning this guy for that long, surely you would've realised that he's not cut out for it at some stage in the process?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
My TV calendar app had The Good Place returning last week but the various sites I obtain said show don't have any new episodes. Did it actually come back last week?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Wheat Loaf posted:

It would be very interesting to hear the full story about what happened but we probably never will. I think troubled productions are very interesting to read about.

The strangest one about this one is the story about the lead actor apparently not being able to act so they needed to get an acting coach for him, because I remember one panel he was on where he was explaining how the audition process lasted months; if you're auditioning this guy for that long, surely you would've realised that he's not cut out for it at some stage in the process?

This is literally what happened in Hail, Caesar! and I wouldn’t put any stock in it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Looten Plunder posted:

My TV calendar app had The Good Place returning last week but the various sites I obtain said show don't have any new episodes. Did it actually come back last week?

Yeah, there was a new episode last week. I watched it on Hulu. It didn't show up in the "Keep Watching" section so I kind of have to go find it, though. Because Hulu's interface is garbage.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Escobarbarian posted:

The people who spent a decade being completely wrong with their annual predictions that this was totally going to be the year that Marvel movies crashed and burned have moved on to Star Wars.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/THR/status/951245778034372608

RIP X-Files

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

Apparently his performance is the major thing LucasFilm are super happy with so yeah either someone’s conflating that with his character in Hail, Caesar! or just making poo poo up

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Unsourced, speculative claims in the TV chat thread! What the

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They didn't listen and got fired, it's not a big mystery.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The actor playing Solo is very talented. This reminds me when people that only have The Dark Knight Rises as a reference say Marion Cotillard is a bad actress.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The only thing I remember him in is Caesar but god drat is he fantastic in that role. Steals the movie out from under a whole lot of a-listers.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Who's ready for :siren::regd08::siren:A NEW MOTHAFUCKIN ZACK BRAFF DRAMEDY:siren::regd08:

http://collider.com/alex-inc-trailer-zach-braff-abc-tv-series/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X58fcXjR-pg

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The first 10 seconds are already insufferable when he says he's starting a podcast company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Imagine the already tedious mawkishness of Scrubs only instead of actual life or death stakes it's about how going to the post office loving sucks and there's an easier way to buy mattresses now.