Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Literally every tank wants steady breath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Um except the ones that want dc

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

They're not even letting you upgrade hero-locked weapons that you can pull at 4 star like Binding Blade and Parthia, if this happens it won't be for a while

also speaking of desirable A skills I just pulled an off-banner BIke, is it only the slow dragons who want Steady Breath?

It works just fine on fcorrin but I'd rather have her with fury since she really needs the extra attack and speed imo

She has the advantage of working quite well in the player as well thanks to her speed and steady breath makes it worse. Also her tanking ability is based on not getting doubled.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Elyv posted:

They're not even letting you upgrade hero-locked weapons that you can pull at 4 star like Binding Blade and Parthia, if this happens it won't be for a while

also speaking of desirable A skills I just pulled an off-banner BIke, is it only the slow dragons who want Steady Breath?

Dragons are the most popular users of SB but you can also stick it on DC weapon users or just non-DC weapon users to make an exclusively melee duelist. Steady Breath works on most characters that can learn it really, you just need the right special for the build

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 10, 2018

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Omfg I just looked at the florina builds on the wiki I'm gonna scream

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The one you just posted would be fine if they replaced vantage with qr, though trying to get Florina to tank bows is probably a lost cause.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
That florina is actually nonsense and garbage in many respects

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Respect all florinas?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I'm a fan of the speed refine, allowing her to reach the mighty heights of 34 speed at +10

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If they don't release something tomorrow it'll be the first day in months without any log-in orbs

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Elyv posted:

I'm a fan of the speed refine, allowing her to reach the mighty heights of 34 speed at +10

poo poo, I didn't even notice that. I take back what I said, that's seriously messed up.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

A maxed out Florina with only 38 base res is pretty sad to see.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tired Moritz posted:

Respect all florinas?

i respect all florinas, with brave axe+ winter lissa

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Got the best possible pity breaker on the Mathilda banner just now, allowing me to finally do this.

horse mages hate her

(he was -def too, so I didn't even feel a little bad about immediately mulching him)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I just had an Arena Assault run ended by Donnel of all people.

Slaying Lance++ Donnel. With Galeforce.

He almost killed Anna, (she didn't double him) got danced, did kill Anna, then proc'd Galeforce and gibbed Olivia. My other two losers couldn't even scratch him.

I should have screencapped him. I was just so stunned I hit Surrender before I thought of it.

You know what? Well played, Donnel dude, well PLAYED.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Y'know what feels really nice, is coming up against a Sigurd/BLyn/Reinhardt/NYAzura team on Arena, and beating it with no deaths :feelsgood:

Lute hurts Sigurd -> Genny kills Reinhardt (!) -> Olivia dances Lute -> Lute kills Sigurd -> BLyn kills BLyn. NYAzura can't reach any unit during enemy phase. BLyn kills NYAzura. BOOM DONE.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Now try that without a dancer and a BLyn

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Well if the content drought is good for anything it's really letting me refill my stock of orbs, feathers, crystals, stones, and so on to blow immediately on whatever new poo poo eventually comes down the pipe.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Hello what should I do with this fledgling young fella:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Grind money for Spirit Dusts and give him a Bolt Axe

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

What in tarnation

16 five star units died for this

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Grind money for Spirit Dusts and give him a Bolt Axe

Brilliant.

We're on Conquest with no grinding DLCs, but I'll be very tempted to use him and do this if I can ever be bothered to BR/Rev. FE Switch will probably be out by then, though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

What in tarnation

That's great

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

What in tarnation

This.

This here is CHANGE

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I remember struggling so much with Ephraim & Eirika, but truly like all other content, Bow Lyn was the answer to my problems. I literally beat it in one try. Now all I gotta do is training tower quests...

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

What in tarnation

If your fave is already good it's okay to just use their good build instead of trying to be the change

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

but eirika sucks?

that build is even worse for normal play, but it's probably meant for 750+ ranges where it's 90% armors, and the games there can be pretty attrition-based, so SB/Aether and Guard (to block the enemy's own Aethers) are valid choices

That said Eirika is a poor choice for that kinda build but if they really want to use Eirika up there maybe that's what they gotta do

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 10, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

blizzardvizard posted:

but eirika sucks?

that build is even worse for normal play, but it's probably meant for 750+ ranges where it's 90% armors, and the games there can be pretty attrition-based, so SB/Aether and Guard (to block the enemy's own Aethers) are valid choices

That said Eirika is a poor choice for that kinda build but if they really want to use Eirika up there maybe that's what they gotta do

Eirika and Ephraim are still the best partners for infantry blade tomes. If you really want to use Eirika I don't see any reason to deviate from that.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
How much better is Steady Breath Tiki over Steady Stance? I'm debating feeding Brave Ike because I don't know how to use him.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ChronoReverse posted:

How much better is Steady Breath Tiki over Steady Stance? I'm debating feeding Brave Ike because I don't know how to use him.

A lot

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ChronoReverse posted:

Your offense is slightly worse with steady breath + aether vs steady stance + bonfire. Mostly matters for when you have bonfire charged and oneshot someone on the player phase. Obviously your defense is slightly worse but I can't imagine it mattering much. So the advantage of the steady breath build is the healing--just ask yourself how often Tiki is knocked below QR range (and it matters) vs her securing kills with bonfire.

You could also potentially do steady breath + ignis but that seems like a waste.

e: my experience is colored by having a mega tiki who pretty rarely actually takes damage and thus rarely even needs healing. If your Tiki is less mega, aether will get better.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I'm saying that the build is specifically for 750+ ranges, I believe +10 Nino can't even get up there due to BST, so Eirika won't be able to do her usual blade buffer job up there. Maybe the guy is just trying to make Eirika combat viable in those score ranges.

"Eirika being the best blade buffer" is also something I question the value of but that's another can of worms I'm not gonna get into now

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Your offense is slightly worse with steady breath + aether vs steady stance + bonfire. Mostly matters for when you have bonfire charged and oneshot someone on the player phase. Obviously your defense is slightly worse but I can't imagine it mattering much. So the advantage of the steady breath build is the healing--just ask yourself how often Tiki is knocked below QR range (and it matters) vs her securing kills with bonfire.

You could also potentially do steady breath + ignis but that seems like a waste.

e: my experience is colored by having a mega tiki who pretty rarely actually takes damage and thus rarely even needs healing. If your Tiki is less mega, aether will get better.

Steady breath + Bonfire is good too to get Bonfire off on the first hit against brave users

(Ignis and Aether activate at the same time with steady breath)

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

To confirm, is this the cookie cutter build for using Steady Breath?
Upgraded Lightning Breath+, Reposition, Aether, Steady Breath, Quick Riposte, <whatever C skill is useful for situation>

Bonfire for when situation requires it of course. Mine simply isn't as uber as yours and I'm occasionally dropping out of QR2 range so I've been thinking of upgrades (Aether, QR3 and SB3). To be fair, I've been using her to tank blues but I've been lazy recently and just walking Tiki forward.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 10, 2018

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Silver Falcon posted:

He almost killed Anna, (she didn't double him) got danced, did kill Anna, then proc'd Galeforce and gibbed Olivia. My other two losers couldn't even scratch him.

outfit the starters like lovely, weak dragons who don't get distant counter. if they don't have qr, they're going to have a hard life like solid snake

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Starters just need breakers at most as far as their combat ability is concerned

If you've built your tricore well they don't even need to see combat 95% of the time

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Starters just need breakers at most

If you've built your tricore well they don't even need to see combat 95% of the time

Yeah breakers are great on your weaker units that can’t handle the merged monsters you see in arena/AA otherwise

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
That Eirika was at like 728, I think they just like Eirika and have too much money

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The White Dragon posted:

outfit the starters like lovely, weak dragons who don't get distant counter. if they don't have qr, they're going to have a hard life like solid snake

I dunno. Sharena does fine with Swordbreaker, and Alfonse... well he could probably use Swordbreaker as well but I haven't even 5*d him yet. Haven't needed to.

Anna I thought was fast enough with Fury. She does the Fury/Desperation axe teleportation thingy. I guess 41 speed ain't fast enough with power creep anymore?! The Askr trio need a buff like whoa.

Anyway I'm fresh out of Quick Ripostes and the next ones I get are going to my dragon ladies, so that'll have to wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

My Alphonse has Swordbreaker and Sharena has Triangle Adept and Lancebreaker