Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
I too am Xbox gt: Energy Snake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
SERVERS ARE DOWN?

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

Thief posted:

electrifying barbed wire is my favorite thing to do with him and is pretty underrated since the somewhat recent re-buff

wire placement in general is :can: imo but you can min/max the spread in meaningful ways as a trapper. with bandit you can put them in corners behind doorframes and hide the battery in a difficult to snapshoot spot. they will walk over it while "slicing the pie" as they say and shock themselves at least once. you can use this technique to do serious damage to overzealous bomb defusers.

also if this type of wire trap is next to a reinforced wall, you can sacrifice 1 extra battery to the wall. they will think its just that flat surface and still run into the room only to get shocked when you doubled down.

also shockwire at the top of ladders is funnier than a claymore because they will often try to tank the damage

You can electrify ladders? :aaaaa:

As a noob who likes to play bandit, if you want to keep talking your favorite bandit strategies please do. Seriously, I've got like 15 rounds of terrorist hunt under my belt and that's it. I'd love to figure out better ways to shock people.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I think they were saying placing barb wire at the top of a ladder and then electrifying that rather than the ladder itself. If you can shock ladders thats prrtty cool.

I use the shockwire thing pretty much constantly as i prefer to kill drones early on and im still so crappy with bandit i never know which walls to electrify

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
You can't shock ladders but you can shock deployable shields. If you put shock wire at the top of a ladder though they don't have any choice but to get shocked a good bit as they get to the top of the ladder since you can't shoot your gun while climbing. Also a very good strategy for Frost. People usually don't see the trap as they come up the ladder and they can't destroy it without a grenade even if they do see it in time. Works well at the bottom of ladders too since it's hard to see the bottom of the ladder from the top and people often just jump down without looking.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So im new to the game and didnt understand the love for fuse since i thought you had to use him on a wall or a cieling hatch but oh my god you can just slap that poo poo on the floor. It is so much more flexible than i first thought (sidenote : i am super dumb)

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

ZeusCannon posted:

So im new to the game and didnt understand the love for fuse since i thought you had to use him on a wall or a cieling hatch but oh my god you can just slap that poo poo on the floor. It is so much more flexible than i first thought (sidenote : i am super dumb)

Anywhere you can shoot through with a gun you can place a Fuze charge. Ying's gadget works the same way too, in addition to being throwable/rollable.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Another loving joke of an Ela nerf

quote:

We have decided to lower the magazine size of her SMG from 50 to 40 bullets.

Game Designer notes: Ela overpowers her competition. Players select her almost every round, and for a good reason. All of the data we have on her (such as win ratio, K/D ratio, and Kills per round) shows that she needs to be nerfed. We have found this to be primarily because of her SMG and to a lesser extent her concussion mines.

"If she didn't kill you 40 bullets ago, Ela will now have to reload before finishing you off"

quote:

For now, we’re trying to balance her while keeping her SMG’s uniqueness, which lets her fight several opponents at a time better than other defenders.

"Ela was literally designed to be better than every other operator, but for some reason we are finding her to be overpowered and we cannot figure out how to balance her."

What kind of loving joke is 'her gun lets her fight the enemy team better than other defenders. Also all of our data shows she needs to be nerfed but we don't know why'? Ubisoft can't develop their loving game.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Another loving joke of an Ela nerf

"If she didn't kill you 40 bullets ago, Ela will now have to reload before finishing you off"

"Ela was literally designed to be better than every other operator, but for some reason we are finding her to be overpowered and we cannot figure out how to balance her."

What kind of loving joke is 'her gun lets her fight the enemy team better than other defenders. Also all of our data shows she needs to be nerfed but we don't know why'? Ubisoft can't develop their loving game.

It's like when Blackbeard came out and they just couldn't grasp the concept that his shield itself was the problem and that no amount of nerfing his weapons or speed could counteract the fact that his shield was too powerful. Then they finally did the shield right but kept the other unnecessary nerfs and now he's pretty meh.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

my kinda ape posted:

Anywhere you can shoot through with a gun you can place a Fuze charge. Ying's gadget works the same way too, in addition to being throwable/rollable.

Im gonna be dumb again but yings device will pump flashbangs through a wall? I had no clue i knew they could be "attached" but figured they meant like a mine or something.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

ZeusCannon posted:

Im gonna be dumb again but yings device will pump flashbangs through a wall? I had no clue i knew they could be "attached" but figured they meant like a mine or something.

Yup. A neat trick with windows is to punch the barricade once on the bottom where it overlaps the wall, then put a Ying thing on it, then you should be able to just jump through as it's going off.

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

These nerfs/buffs are stupid and completely failed to address any of the issues I or people I play with have had. 5 shots from a Twitch drone? Never gonna play twitch. Bandit loses a barbed wire? Why? Just gonna pick mute. Ela rampage will continue. They 'nerfed' Ash by some stupid small amount (2 damage on the R4C per bullet), trying to get people to pick Zofia, still not realizing that the reason people play Ash/Ela is because they are 3 speed and this games trash netcode ensures that 3 speed means you'll always be at a massive advantage as bullets whip through where you character model is (read: was).

SMP
May 5, 2009

Bandit's third barbed wire :negative:

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Meanwhile we still have like 3 operators that are only ever picked as a joke because they're complete trash.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

SMP posted:

Bandit's third barbed wire :negative:

Awww man gently caress that. Has literally anyone ever complained about that? Especially after the general nerf to barbed wire awhile ago.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

ten_twentyfour posted:

Bandit loses a barbed wire?

Really? I can't even have nice things for one day? Glad I bought Mute too I guess.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They buffed Capitao's assault rifle, but why would you use that when he has the LMG? Instead of the assault rifle buff he needs more crossbow bolts.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
If they want to lower Ella picks, take her impacts away. Pretty much every defence round is all impacts/nitro, and this bandit nerf (wtf) isn't going to help that.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

What is even the point of the damage "nerf" on Ash? It doesn't seem to influence shots to kill whatsoever. Is there even any conceivable edge case where it would now not kill a dude where before it would have?

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Perestroika posted:

What is even the point of the damage "nerf" on Ash? It doesn't seem to influence shots to kill whatsoever. Is there even any conceivable edge case where it would now not kill a dude where before it would have?

"Ash is still a pick that is too attractive when compared to other attackers."

Literally from the patch notes, instead of improving rarely picked attackers they just make the popular ones worse. I'm not a game designer but I don't think operator attractiveness should be a race to the bottom.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Agreed Ela with no impacts would have a lot less options for crushing through walls and that hampers her ability to reposition a bit.

That being said bandits third wire :(

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Perestroika posted:

There's a linear damage falloff at range so there are lots of random times it'll matter, as well as situations where random damage from explosives and stuff are in play. Plus times when the same player is shot by another person with a gun with different damage values. It's pretty minor but I wouldn't say it's totally inconsequential.

But yeah I don't believe it changes shots to kill in any situation at close range, at least for body shots.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That shock drone dart nerf is brutal!

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Whats the change on that one?

Did they post the patch notes somewhere? Kinda want to give them a read if possible

tjones
May 13, 2005
Concussion nerf sounds good on paper. Being able to sprint will at least help. Ash nerf is laughable at best. Cap's buff will help if the recoil is noticeably better but his utility is still too buggy and needs to be fixed proper.

The Ela change is downright dumb. Drop her magazine size to 30 rounds; 40 rounds is still too much. Taking away her impacts and giving her the choice of a shield or barb instead wouldn't be a bad idea.

Twitch and Bandit nerfs are idiotic. The operators were fine the way they were. I have heard zero complaints about the two. Why even gently caress with them? Ubisoft, please.

Patch notes: https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-317056-16/operation-white-noise-mid-season-reinforcements

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

Whats the change on that one?

Did they post the patch notes somewhere? Kinda want to give them a read if possible
Down from 15 shock charges to 5.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Welp ill never play twitch again it takes me 15 loving shots to hit a camera 😟

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Perestroika posted:

It brings her rifle's DPS into line with other operators. They said it was slightly higher than others (this is not why Ash is good, at all).

tjones posted:

Concussion nerf sounds good on paper. Being able to sprint will at least help.

Concussion mines weren't a big part of why Ela was so good. Denying plants/shields is good, but that's utility. Taking away Ela's utility just magnifies the focus on her loving ridiculous guns.

tjones posted:

The Ela change is downright dumb. Drop her magazine size to 30 rounds; 40 rounds is still too much.

If she only had 30 rounds, she wouldn't be as easily able to spray down 3 attackers at once! After all, Ela is supposed to "fight several opponents at a time better than other defenders." That is her intended design. Completely disconnected from any concept of her gadget and anything that her operator info talks about, of course.

tjones posted:

Twitch and Bandit nerfs are idiotic. The operators were fine the way they were. I have heard zero complaints about the two. Why even gently caress with them? Ubisoft, please.
Picked TOO OFTEN. Gotta sabotage their gadgets so you only pick them for their guns.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Concussion mines weren't a big part of why Ela was so good. Denying plants/shields is good, but that's utility. Taking away Ela's utility just magnifies the focus on her loving ridiculous guns.

Playing against a competent Zofia (or even Ela, if she uses the mines like nades) is beyond frustrating right now due to how much your mobility is impaired. This was more my point.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
So over the past couple of days, any time I've tried to queue with friends in a 5-man they've been put into a game with some rando and I'm left at the title screen with the matchmaking timer ticking up. I know I'm unpopular but this seems unreasonable.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
"holy poo poo our game is suddenly taking off, we're saved!"

"okay. let's put this patch out."

"wait it's dead again?!"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Why don't nerf Ela's range heavily or something?
If they want her to be able to fight several people at once effectively, fine, but she needs some sort of big drawback to compensate.
Right now she's just like any other op, just better.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
The twitch and bandit nerfs sound fine to me honestly. Bandit's still got a great utility and not really any reason to have 3 barbs (altho also not any reason to not, imo), and twitch having to actually think rather than just zapping everything is a welcome change.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
the initial nerf to capitao's rifle was a step in the right direction if ash/twitch/ela take and keep dps loss to their main weapons. a lot of people pick ash because the R4 is Famas level OP when stacked on her skinny/fast/broken hitbox.

would it be weird if their end goal is trying to avoid a power creep but are doing it incrementally just to test the cause & effect? i wish they were open about global pickrates and whatnot.

ela's main gun should be absolutely nerfed into the ground and ruined at this point. this is because grzmots make more sense with semi-auto shotgun ambushes and her most unique snowflake ability is to run around at 3 speed with a suppressor on it. i played her like this for the majority of blood orchid and it was one of the most fun setups i've ever experienced in this game even though the scorpion is game breakingly good.

if her lore is to be an angsty deviantartist then she shouldn't be a favored top pick and instead fall into the underdog catagory for nerds like me that enjoy gimmick loadouts

Koramei posted:

The twitch and bandit nerfs sound fine to me honestly. Bandit's still got a great utility and not really any reason to have 3 barbs (altho also not any reason to not, imo), and twitch having to actually think rather than just zapping everything is a welcome change.

i've seen enough skilled bandit mains use batteries to cause damage on shock wires to block drones, deployable shields to shoo away attackers from certain doors AND do bandit tricks on the loving garage wall to kill breaches all in the same round. when you think about it he might actually be one of the most versatile and dangerous trap users in the game because on top of it all he can cause serious grief using his SMG to do hit and run attacks in between all of this.

i don't think them taking away a wire is gonna impact this all too much. its hardly a nerf, much like ela's.

twitch's ammo reduction is likely because a skilled twitch player can single handedly take out every camera on the map, pop the miras, kill the batteries and kill lesion/ela/kapkan traps. or kill the occasional black eye. or even kill the worst players on earth. THEN run in and melt faces with what many consider to be the best rifle in the game.

keep in mind she gets 2 drones so...

Almost Honest
Aug 17, 2009
Lmao I've been jokingly saying they'll just nerf Elas magazine size to 40 and call it a day. And that's literally what they did. Unbelievable. And what's the reasoning behind the Twitch nerf?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Gamerofthegame posted:

"holy poo poo our game is suddenly taking off, we're saved!"

"okay. let's put this patch out."

"wait it's dead again?!"

If SteamDB playercounts are anything to go by, the game is more popular than it's ever been right now.

Doesn't feel like it's any fault of Ubisoft's, though, at this rate.

Almost Honest posted:

Lmao I've been jokingly saying they'll just nerf Elas magazine size to 40 and call it a day. And that's literally what they did. Unbelievable. And what's the reasoning behind the Twitch nerf?

Buy a loving lottery ticket, dude

They nerfed Twitch like that because she has too high a pick rate and they decided it was because she can use her drone to deny lots of defender gadgets.

Koramei posted:

Bandit's still got a great utility and not really any reason to have 3 barbs (altho also not any reason to not, imo)

The reason for is that he can use his gadget with them, so it lets him make sure he can make use of them even if no one else brings wire.

There is no reason at all to not, except that it makes him unique.

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 11, 2018

SMP
May 5, 2009

I welcome the Twitch drone nerf and think deciding between cameras/gadgets/being an annoying prick to defenders is great, but 5 shots is maybe a bit low. Some maps have like a million cameras.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
If they are loving the twitch drone like that hopefully they will have the sense to remove the shock dart tracer that shows where the twitch drone is to everyone.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
I don't know about you guys but when I get even remotely close to an enemy with my twitch drone they shoot it out almost immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I've been playing this game for almost two years and my drone murdering skills are still total poo poo so anything that nerfs the little fucks is fine with me