Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

harperdc posted:

Good loving god you give it to two separate players for having lovely tattoos and don’t even mention Jake Stringer’s lion-belly? Shameful.

I only had room for one nickname per player and I felt the schoolgirl diddling out ranked his amazing tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

snaeksikn posted:

I only had room for one nickname per player and I felt the schoolgirl diddling out ranked his amazing tattoo

This is fair.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

BrigadierSensible posted:

When does the footy-tipping start? Will there be a goon group for both AFL and AFLW? Howsabout Supercoach?
FootyTipping hasn't rolled over yet for some reason but if you were in it last year you should be automatically entered in it this year.

If you're new or got purged the link is thus:
http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/SASTips
pw: goons

Please add to one of the OPs.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Slobbo has been shitcanned from SEN

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Brianna Davey is the new Carlton captain for 2018. Arnell is stepping down to be a vice captain along with Sarah Hosking.

I guess it makes sense, Arnell will be turn 32 at the end of the season and might retire this or next year. This gives Davey some more time as captain while arnell is also playing and can be in the leadership group. Arnell has been doing coaching courses last year so I guess she'll aim to be in the coaches box and also still do commentary work for the ABC.

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/951360581096714240

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Testekill posted:

Slobbo has been shitcanned from SEN

Can’t blame Gerard for not wanting to have to smell James beam’s finest twice a day

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Some quality haircuts on display at Tullamarine

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Looking like a couple of Dr Seuss characters

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Also, can't post it as i'm on my phone, but Fletch Jr is training with the club i think. He basically has his Dad's body with Ben Brown's hair, its glorious.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

thepokey posted:

Also, can't post it as i'm on my phone, but Fletch Jr is training with the club i think. He basically has his Dad's body with Ben Brown's hair, its glorious.

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/951658799877640192

Supposedly his younger brother is the better player

gay picnic defence fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 12, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

BrigadierSensible posted:

When does the footy-tipping start? Will there be a goon group for both AFL and AFLW? Howsabout Supercoach?

The Ultimate Footy draft league Goon Golden Spoon won't reset for the new season until early February, and Super Coach probably won't open until about the same time

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I've been running some highly scientific simulations and I think it's putting out some pretty accurate predictions (aside from the fact that I forgot to delete lindsay thomas before starting the season)

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Was Clayton Oliver injured?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Was Clayton Oliver injured?

was injured for 3 weeks, came back in, got a 6 week injury in the first quarter.

Also Jayden Hunt did an ACL :negative:

The worst part about injuries is the second your list changes by an out or inclusion, the game decides to automatically produce some disgusting selection-gore.

Hogan, both McDonalds and Lever on the bench, with Dean Kent lining up at Full Forward and Jack Viney at Full Back type stuff. Have to manually change it every time.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 14, 2018

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

I've been running some highly scientific simulations and I think it's putting out some pretty accurate predictions (aside from the fact that I forgot to delete lindsay thomas before starting the season)

An AFL final in May?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I hope to put together a more sane simulation thingamy for this year but it's kind of on the backburner at the moment.

The system itself is also going to change a little bit, there's this weird thing where average results (both median and mean) is closer than each teams' relative ratings so I'm trying to account for that as well. Kind of interesting but also really dry.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Jesus, necking tinnies on the couch has really pushed the Melbourne players into a new category.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nutsngum posted:

Jesus, necking tinnies on the couch has really pushed the Melbourne players into a new category.

the new training regime of "not getting concussed by bricks" has really helped

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

the new training regime of "not getting concussed by bricks" has really helped

Are you denying the allegations that Melbourne football club players are soft and likely do bumper bowling when going to the local AMF?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nutsngum posted:

Are you denying the allegations that Melbourne football club players are soft and likely do bumper bowling when going to the local AMF?

Mate, I’d resign my membership tomorrow if I found out our players went and did something as working class as bowling.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Mate, I’d resign my membership tomorrow if I found out our players went and did something as working class as bowling.

Touche.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

fwiw I actually think it’s good when employees stand up to what they see as unreasonable requests from an employer and I don’t see why it should be any different for footy players. It’s not like that time our players told the coaches they weren’t doing time trials that day because they were hungover.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I've been told Kurt Tippett will be gone next week. Supposedly the official reason will be that his body is hosed but it's really because he's a lazy fuckhead and Longmire hates him.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Both of which are true.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gay picnic defence posted:

I've been told Kurt Tippett will be gone next week. Supposedly the official reason will be that his body is hosed but it's really because he's a lazy fuckhead and Longmire hates him.

That was just a great trade for everyone involved really

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Yeah Sydney, thanks a whole loving lot for hijacking that otherwise smooth trade to the Gold Coast

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

That was just a great trade for everyone involved really

At least it got rid of that bullshit CoLA fuckery that Sydney got gifted.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Carn the 'Mond!

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The last good game Kurt Tippett played was the 2012 prelim

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NPR Journalizard posted:

At least it got rid of that bullshit CoLA fuckery that Sydney got gifted.

That was more to do with Buddy, but yeah, I guess taking Tippett AND Buddy in short order probably did it.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
gently caress it's hot

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It is. I wonder how the women will go tonight, it should cool down a little bit but I remember Carlton v Brisbane game last aflw season was in 37c heat and was pretty bad just sitting in the shade.

AFLW practice matches:

Collingwood v Melbourne

Friday, January 19th
Olympic Park, Melbourne
Game start: 7.30pm
Entry: Free
Girls Play Footy Radio will be there to call the match and give full analysis of each team

Western Bulldogs v Carlton

Saturday, January 20
Mars Stadium, Ballarat
Bouncedown: 7pm
Gates open: 6pm
Free Entry
GPF Radio may also be on hand to call the Western Bulldogs-Carlton game in Ballarat, which is to be confirmed in the coming days.

GWS v Brisbane

Saturday, January 20.
Gates open at 9.30am
Game to start at 10am.
WestConnex Centre, 1 Olympic Boulevard, Sydney Olympic Park.
Free Entry

Adelaide v Fremantle

Saturday, January 20
TIO Stadium, Darwin
Gates open 5.30pm
Match starts 7.30pm
Free entry
Livestreamed by the NTFL Youtube channel.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

realbez posted:

gently caress it's hot

Now imagine your fan broke last night. Thank god JB does same-day delivery.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Schlesische posted:

Now imagine your fan broke last night. Thank god JB does same-day delivery.

n-no

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

:rip: Zac Williams, achilles

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Solemn Sloth posted:

:rip: Zac Williams, achilles

That sucks, he gets injured while Toby Greene is somehow still healthy and also not in jail?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Testekill posted:

That sucks, he gets injured while Toby Greene is somehow still healthy and also not in jail?

Early days yet, Straya day still to come

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Toby Greene is literally going to roundhouse kick a child in the face. An ethnic child.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nutsngum posted:

Toby Greene is literally going to roundhouse kick a child in the face. An ethnic child.

didn't realise he was planning a challenge for Liberal Party preselection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

didn't realise he was planning a challenge for Liberal Party preselection

The IPA adds incentives to all the GWS contracts as part of their mentoring program