Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
In any case, I think it's safe to conclude that Monathin is town based on the AA roleblock. Sure there's some convoluted theory involving setting up AA and letting iS get credit, but the simplest explanation is that scum just didn't want a town player to receive healing, so they blocked AA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

The Lord of Hats posted:

Also, MMT, to ask for some homework in return, I'd ask that you do for me what you did for AA--step back and try and do a clean read. If you still think I'm scum after that, then sure, I can respect that, but I feel like you're tunneling right now and making some iffy arguments as a result.

:siren: Because she is scum :siren:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I admit that I'm mostly just posting off the cuff and will do a full re-read during the battle phase. I'm a huge Hats fan - trust me, I want you to be town!

For what it's worth, I think/plan to argue that the most productive course of action is to execute Moat tomorrow and then make judgments on whether he flips medic or not. If he flips town medic I'd almost certainly reassess my opinion of you. But right now the information that we have that supposedly makes Moat town (a loose interpretation regarding Tobbs getting healed and Hats' word that he got healed) isn't enough to change my mind there.

So your plan is to argue for the lynch of a proven healer?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Another question - did anyone get roleblocked today? My heal went through, and I'm wondering if Max or Quid might've been the roleblocker.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

So your plan is to argue for the lynch of a proven healer?

That seems to be the plan.

My day action went through just fine!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:cheers: Preliminary Phase is over! Results will be in your character sheets shortly! :cheers:

BATTLEFIELD: Palo Alto

quote:

The terrain here lends itself to the use of artillery, which leaves those who fight atop horseback at a dire disadvantage. On the other hand, the nearby town is the perfect place to gather emergency requisitions - or plunder, if you prefer.
Universal Effect: All Wranglers take 1 additional damage from each attack. Shopkeeps surviving the battle have a 50% chance to scrounge up 1 Shine after the battle.

BATTLE FORMATION
pre:
		TXSG
Bifauxnen	flerp		SLASHER HAWKE
curiousCat	Natural20	Venom Soag	Tired Moritz

Hal Incandenza	Tobbs Gnawed	Your Personal Muse
Kashuno		Lord of Hats	TMMadman	Flying Leatherman
		DdN
:cheers: Battle Phase starts now. Deadline for submitting Battle Actions is ~9 hours from now, 8:30 PM ET. :cheers:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Reminder that someone she is assigning in thread, could be her remaining advisor and being given different instructions. So as with my previous instructions. Be careful.

bingo.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The first time, the Villistas were just testing their opponents' strength. They had learned from their mistakes. They had purged traitors from their ranks. This time, they came in with fire in their eyes and death in their hands, ready to roll over the Texan resistance!

...but just like before, Ma Ferguson herself was there to stop 'em in their tracks! Rallying her flagging troops, she spurred them onward for a frantic counterattack! "Hit 'em where it hurts, boys! Don't bother with the manners your mamas taught you, because they ain't here to see you now - AND I AM! Get 'em!"

The forces clashed in yet another brutal brawl - but when they withdrew to lick their wounds, one side withdrew first...

TEXAS STATE GUARD CASUALTIES

quote:

You're not like other cooks. They'll eat whatever anyone put in front of 'em, because it's all the same in the eyes of someone who slings the same slop every day. But you, you're different. Your body is a temple, and you've sworn to only feed your customers the same kind of food you'd eat yourself.
:rip: curiousCat, aka Christina, TOWN-aligned Heavy, was killed in battle on Night 3! :rip:

DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE CASUALTIES
:ese: :siren: No one died! :siren: :ese:

:ese: THE DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE WINS THIS BATTLE! :ese:

Smashing through the Texan defenses in the wake of their retreat, the Mexican army withdraws knowing that the way is clear for them to advance further into Texan territory with their next assault!

:siren: The División del Norte may now attack The Alamo! :siren:

Each army returns to their camp, ready to regroup, recuperate, and prepare - for tomorrow is another day, and another battle awaits.

...But that's not all that was waiting for their return.

TEXAS STATE GUARD CASUALTIES

quote:

What goes up must come down, that's what they all say. But nobody ever realizes that the opposite is true, too. What goes down can come back up again, if you work hard enough at it. Or if you drink enough, in your case. Cheers!
:rip: Jeabus Mahogany, aka Xavier, TOWN-aligned Shiner, was killed at home on Night 3! :rip:

DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE CASUALTIES

quote:

The wind has many voices. A soft breeze is a tender lover's caress, and a harsh gale is a painful rejection from someone you pined after - and those are just two. The kid's heard them all, in his own time - and now he's ready to share them with his enemies. Better watch out, the wind's startin' to pick up...
:rip: Monathin, aka Luisa, TOWN-aligned Light, was killed at home on Night 3! :rip:

Day 3 starts now. Deadline is 8PM ET on Friday 12-JAN-2018. Any concerns with a Friday night deadline, PM me.

~~~

:cheers: Important Administrative Notes: :cheers:
1) :siren: REMEMBER, NO MENTIONING NUMBERS WHEN TALKING ABOUT DAMAGE/STATS/HEALTH! :siren:

2) Texas has received a hidden benefit due to a prior moderator error.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

Not Voting (18): chaoslord, Flying Leatherman, Gamerofthegame, GeneX, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, OMGVBFLOL, SalTheBard, Slaan, The Lord of Hats, TMMadman, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark, Your Personal Muse :rubshands:

With 18 people still alive, it takes 10 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 12th, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Are you Texans even trying anymore?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And I'm sorry to see the Kid go. He should have gone in battle.

Cowardly scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Battle Report:

I buffed my rank. I attacked Bif. I protected myself. I should have taken about 3 average attacks in damage, but I ended up only taking the same amount as I did last battle due to my self-protection. I'm in good shape, fit for battle, but would be more effective if topped off.

I can confirm another player's battle action, and presumably their alignment.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Whelp, Monathin was on to something then. :rip:

Also, lol Texas soldiers

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
RIP Monathin. Kid’s hopefully in a better place now.

Bif does not seem all that great at this.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Battle Report:

I buffed my rank. I attacked Bif. I protected myself. I should have taken about 3 average attacks in damage, but I ended up only taking the same amount as I did last battle due to my self-protection. I'm in good shape, fit for battle, but would be more effective if topped off.

I can confirm another player's battle action, and presumably their alignment.

Oh also I'm out of shine again.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Oh also I'm out of shine again.

Alchy

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
If people can really do like three things in one battle then it's probably a good thing I haven't been in one yet, dios mio.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Glad we won another one.

I'm not shocked that either MMT or Mona, if town, were the nightkill target, just to paint the target on my back a little stronger. That said, if you think I would be dumb enough as scum to kill one of the two of them, I don't know what to tell you.

At any rate, I'll have my full claim ready to go today because I expect I'll need it.

I'll be quiet until all battle reports, etc are in though.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Wonder if the nightkill is getting stronger as the game goes on, though?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

No full claims unless I call for them.

Mona was still injured. I was playing with fire on that in the hopes they'd lay off him since people also suspected him of stuff.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
My opinion on IS is that even if you think he's scum, we need his healing, which is confirmed. If he doesn't provide it then yeah, hang him.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

Wonder if the nightkill is getting stronger as the game goes on, though?

I was wondering this as well.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I was wondering this as well.

Was Monathin supposed to be at full health to start the night?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

Was Monathin supposed to be at full health to start the night?

Not according to KB. I'm not keeping track of other players' health.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I guess no battle claims/health claims from Kash, FL, or TMM, for now.

I'm fine hearing from everyone else.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

No full claims unless I call for them.

Mona was still injured. I was playing with fire on that in the hopes they'd lay off him since people also suspected him of stuff.

Of course, boss.

I did not remember that Mona was still hurt but that explanation makes sense.

I've been skimming the other thread. Was their nightkill target also still injured from battle?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
My ability went off just fine, as far as I can tell, although I don't know what the results look like on their side. I took a bit of a hit from somewhere (less than I would assume scum would deal), but assuming I don't do a dumb and botch my day action again, I'll be in peak condition.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

I guess no battle claims/health claims from Kash, FL, or TMM, for now.

I'm fine hearing from everyone else.

Do you want my action/alignment result now, or want to wait and see who cases who?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Do you want my action/alignment result now, or want to wait and see who cases who?

Wait.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Sure thing!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, fyi, no need to necessarily wait for everyone's battle stuff if you want to proceed with today's casing/etc. Some folks are kinda lurky and might not be around.

We are going to be shooting for our planned cuddle at the halfway point again. May not actually happen then, but I want to allow for more time to switch gears if needed this time.

As before, push all the way to -3 but after that, if you feel like you wanna keep piling on just make a virtual vote and say you'd be voting there.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

I've been skimming the other thread. Was their nightkill target also still injured from battle?

Still injured from previous NK.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I want to hear from YPM and Hal first.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You waiting is fine Tobbs. :)

I want everyone else to get moving.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Still think ##vote Truth Quark is scum resting on a shaky bus of Quid to deflect pressure.

Also I asked everyone on the AA over Moat side to explain why you joined the train and I still want that.

Would be interested to hear why the people found Moat worse did so, too, but I dunno how useful that'll be considering

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

Still injured from previous NK.

Gotcha, looks like both scum teams probably had the same idea then which may indicate the NK actually didn't get more powerful.

My initial off-the-cuff thought from yesterday's last hour change are that YPM's vote the other way back towards Moat obviously doesn't look as bad as I thought in the light of the flip (which I still feel bad about- my read on AA was as close as I really get to tunneling- my apologies, AA).

I'm going to re-read how that all went down and look for people hopping on board the train with little/no explanation and go from there.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GeneX posted:

Still think ##vote Truth Quark is scum resting on a shaky bus of Quid to deflect pressure.

Also I asked everyone on the AA over Moat side to explain why you joined the train and I still want that.

Would be interested to hear why the people found Moat worse did so, too, but I dunno how useful that'll be considering

I think I already answered, but I thought they were both town and Moat's ability is more useful (per KB).

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

GeneX posted:

Because of how my work day went the last part of the game day, I didn't really get to do a lot of research into Moat, but still didn't feel good about AA from my previous case, so that's why I went the direction I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
A little bit of drama in the Texas thread!

The only thing I'm confident of is that Bif will choose wrong.

It's kind of her thing.

• Locked thread