Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I didn't get roleblocked this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gaspy, I think of you more as a Sakuya Le Bel than a chicken.

Quid was Okosan.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Let’s go team. I want to believe that last day’s wipeout was a freak occurrence and we are going to be amazing today!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:cheers: Just a bit over an hour left to submit Preliminary actions! :cheers:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
death to all who oppose us

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hail Anime

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Kash if you're reading this.

Velvet is best girl

Magilou sucks.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
May the spirit of Texas be with you.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

...unless it's KB! He's been ribbing me about how I must be scared to go back to the front lines, so clearly we should expect that fearless leader to pop up there himself any minute now. :buddy:

How exactly does KB, who hasn't battled, think he has an advantage to call you cowardly?

Also, best of luck Texans, I have a feeling it's going to be our night.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:cheers: Preliminary Phase is over! Results will be in your character sheets shortly! :cheers:

BATTLEFIELD: Palo Alto

quote:

The terrain here lends itself to the use of artillery, which leaves those who fight atop horseback at a dire disadvantage. On the other hand, the nearby town is the perfect place to gather emergency requisitions - or plunder, if you prefer.
Universal Effect: All Wranglers take 1 additional damage from each attack. Shopkeeps surviving the battle have a 50% chance to scrounge up 1 Shine after the battle.

BATTLE FORMATION
pre:
		TXSG
Bifauxnen	flerp		SLASHER HAWKE
curiousCat	Natural20	Venom Soag	Tired Moritz

Hal Incandenza	Tobbs Gnawed	Your Personal Muse
Kashuno		Lord of Hats	TMMadman	Flying Leatherman
		DdN
:cheers: Battle Phase starts now. Deadline for submitting Battle Actions is ~9 hours from now, 8:30 PM ET. :cheers:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The first time, the Villistas were just testing their opponents' strength. They had learned from their mistakes. They had purged traitors from their ranks. This time, they came in with fire in their eyes and death in their hands, ready to roll over the Texan resistance!

...but just like before, Ma Ferguson herself was there to stop 'em in their tracks! Rallying her flagging troops, she spurred them onward for a frantic counterattack! "Hit 'em where it hurts, boys! Don't bother with the manners your mamas taught you, because they ain't here to see you now - AND I AM! Get 'em!"

The forces clashed in yet another brutal brawl - but when they withdrew to lick their wounds, one side withdrew first...

TEXAS STATE GUARD CASUALTIES

quote:

You're not like other cooks. They'll eat whatever anyone put in front of 'em, because it's all the same in the eyes of someone who slings the same slop every day. But you, you're different. Your body is a temple, and you've sworn to only feed your customers the same kind of food you'd eat yourself.
:rip: curiousCat, aka Christina, TOWN-aligned Heavy, was killed in battle on Night 3! :rip:

DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE CASUALTIES
:ese: :siren: No one died! :siren: :ese:

:ese: THE DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE WINS THIS BATTLE! :ese:

Smashing through the Texan defenses in the wake of their retreat, the Mexican army withdraws knowing that the way is clear for them to advance further into Texan territory with their next assault!

:siren: The División del Norte may now attack The Alamo! :siren:

Each army returns to their camp, ready to regroup, recuperate, and prepare - for tomorrow is another day, and another battle awaits.

...But that's not all that was waiting for their return.

TEXAS STATE GUARD CASUALTIES

quote:

What goes up must come down, that's what they all say. But nobody ever realizes that the opposite is true, too. What goes down can come back up again, if you work hard enough at it. Or if you drink enough, in your case. Cheers!
:rip: Jeabus Mahogany, aka Xavier, TOWN-aligned Shiner, was killed at home on Night 3! :rip:

DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE CASUALTIES

quote:

The wind has many voices. A soft breeze is a tender lover's caress, and a harsh gale is a painful rejection from someone you pined after - and those are just two. The kid's heard them all, in his own time - and now he's ready to share them with his enemies. Better watch out, the wind's startin' to pick up...
:rip: Monathin, aka Luisa, TOWN-aligned Light, was killed at home on Night 3! :rip:

Day 3 starts now. Deadline is 8PM ET on Friday 12-JAN-2018. Any concerns with a Friday night deadline, PM me.

~~~

:cheers: Important Administrative Notes: :cheers:
1) :siren: REMEMBER, NO MENTIONING NUMBERS WHEN TALKING ABOUT DAMAGE/STATS/HEALTH! :siren:

2) Texas has received a hidden benefit due to a prior moderator error.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

Not Voting (18): Anidav, Atomic Soda, Bifauxnen, busb, Drunk Nerds, flerp, iajanus, Jeabus Mahogany, Little Mac, Mithross, Natural 20, peramene, Prince of Space, Retro Futurist, SLASHER HAWKE, Tired Moritz, tpink, Venom Soag :rubshands:

With 18 people still alive, it takes 10 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 12th, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

From the rubble of the ruined town of Guerrero, a brick is pushed off an utterly decimated body.

Stacie, her body utterly ruined by bullet wounds, uses both of her blood drenched arms to raise herself up just a little and tilts her head up to the camera, blood dribbling down into her right eye.

Putting her weight on her left arm she raises her right into a finger gun gesture and her voice croaks "kept ya waiting huh? Give em hell Te.. "

A single shot rings out, cutting short her statement and she collapses to the ground.

This is why you never leave a man behind

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
:rip: CuriousCat/Christina

:rip: Jeabus Mahogany/Xavier

You fucken' let them get at the Alamo.

##vote Venom Soag

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
I threw a vase at YPM’s purty motuh

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

2) Texas has received a hidden benefit due to a prior moderator error.

:raise:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This would be a lot easier if town would stop posting just incredibly scummy stuff.

Anyways ##vote pera

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

A g-g-g-ghost~!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
not looking very good for venom

if anyone got a status effect, please tell me

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hey uh slasher hawke, why did you target cat, our nice and good town friend?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

flerp posted:

Ohhhhh my.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
battle report! during the prelim, i was able to choose one person in my rank and see who they targetted. given that bif was in my rank, well, it obv had to be slasher hawke. i also got a impeteous buff during prelim which helped during the battle. however, i was stopped from doing my battle action (note that my prelim DID work)

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
and the results, are, well, unfortunately, slasher hawke did not target ypm but instead hit our buddy cat

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

How're you feeling, flerp?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh yeah i also took no damage thats important

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

flerp posted:

hmm yes nice frame attempt ##vote flerp

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh cmon now birb u can do better than that :(

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
:ghost:I didn't get... to shoot... the badguys...:ghost:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
anyways that solidifies my case, hawke is a scumbo ##vote hawke

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

:ghost:I didn't get... to shoot... the badguys...:ghost:

You woulda if you'd got better. :smith:

Farewell my precious townie jewel!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

flerp posted:

battle report! during the prelim, i was able to choose one person in my rank and see who they targetted. given that bif was in my rank, well, it obv had to be slasher hawke. i also got a impeteous buff during prelim which helped during the battle. however, i was stopped from doing my battle action (note that my prelim DID work)

you should have tried this on a day I didn’t use indomitable will

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

you should have tried this on a day I didn’t use indomitable will

buddy all i know is the results i got

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

flerp, are you thirsty

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
##vote SLASHER HAWKE

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
if there's something i didnt ever want to say, it's that i think birb is scum. but sometimes, war can be a cruel place.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

flerp, are you thirsty

a had a little bit to drink right before the battle, but i still got a bottle or two lying around

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

flerp posted:

buddy all i know is the results scumdoc told me

Anidav posted:

##vote SLASHER HAWKE

et Tu, vadina

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

holy poo poo you guys should have just Nk’d me

which is what I assume flerp tried to do but couldn’t target me so he came up with this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
do note, too, that my investigation action was a prelim action. i have no clue how indomitable will works, but this might have some relevance in determining if im lying or not. also, i did get results and no ACTION FAILED, which, if what people have said about indomitable will is true, should not be the case.

• Locked thread