Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Warner records has given their side of the story, which is that there's discussion going on about how to credit Radiohead on the song, but no actual lawsuit yet and no "100%" clause.

https://pitchfork.com/news/radiohead-havent-sued-lana-del-rey-publishers-say/

quote:

As Radiohead’s music publisher, it’s true that we’ve been in discussions since August of last year with Lana Del Rey’s representatives. It’s clear that the verses of “Get Free” use musical elements found in the verses of “Creep” and we’ve requested that this be acknowledged in favour of all writers of “Creep.” To set the record straight, no lawsuit has been issued and Radiohead have not said they “will only accept 100%” of the publishing of “Get Free.”

So maybe she just misunderstood the exact legal nature of what's happening. Or there's been an informal legal threat that is technically not a lawsuit. We'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That's pretty lovely of her if true (though she probably just got her wires crossed and tweeted something stupid).

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Sir Lemming posted:

In a bit of dramatic irony, Radiohead are suing Lana Del Rey because the verse of her song "Get Free" uses a similar chord structure to that of "Creep".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzP4kQhlPBY

I do see their point, but it's an interesting glass house from which to throw rocks...

It’s closer to “exactly the same” along with the melody and phrasing.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Yeah that sounds like a loose cover. Same exact chord progression and melody. It even includes the backing vocals of the "social network" version of the song.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Radiohead's statement mentioned that they wanted credit to go to 'all the writers of Creep' so they are clearly acknowledging that it's already a song for which credit is shared.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!

Jables88 posted:

Radiohead's statement mentioned that they wanted credit to go to 'all the writers of Creep' so they are clearly acknowledging that it's already a song for which credit is shared.

To be very precise, Radiohead didn't issue that statement. Their publishers did. This whole thing might be happening completely independently of Radiohead, who don't even own the entirety of Creep.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah exactly, right now Radiohead is the one entity whose opinion we really have no idea of in this thing. It's probably getting blown out of proportion, though that in itself could be a marketing move...

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
is this becoming a meme now or what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH7qtlC38AM

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

This is lame and bad.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

This is lame and bad.

have another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_p1D90zdz8

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

This is a good thing

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Love TP but no, this is also lame and bad.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

HD DAD posted:

This is a good thing

have another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIEzcSMItlA

they're all made in the past week with 13kish views and they're bombarding my recommendations so somethings up

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Is this the Radiohead equivalent of steamed hams?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ballz posted:

TWO COLORS?
AT THIS TIME OF YEAR?
AT THIS TIME OF DAY?
IN THIS PART OF THE COUNTRY?
LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN MY HEAD?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Ballz posted:

mmYes!

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
tbh it’s a meme i’m enjoiyng

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Thread dead. Radiohead dead. Time to move on.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

The Twin Peaks one was pretty good, particularly amnesiac. But these are all way too long.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Check your email if you get the waste.uk email. New US dates for this summer. Pre-sale tix go on sale tomorrow!

July 2018
Sat 7th: United Center, Chicago
Tue 10th: Madison Square Garden, New York
Wed 11th: Madison Square Garden, New York
Fri 13th: Madison Square Garden, New York
Mon 16th: Bell Centre, Montreal
Tue 17th: Bell Centre, Montreal
Thu 19th: Air Canada Centre, Toronto
Fri 20th: Air Canada Centre, Toronto
Sun 22nd: Little Caesars Arena, Detroit
Mon 23rd: Schottenstein Center, Columbus
Wed 25th: US Bank Arena, Cincinnati
Thu 26th: PPG Paints Arena, Pittsburgh
Sat 28th: TD Garden, Boston
Sun 29th: TD Garden, Boston
Tue 31st: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia

August 2018
Wed 1st: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
godammit they auto-removed me from their list last year

gently caress i hope they send out another reminder.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

I'm starting to think the pre-sale thing is complete bullshit. I refreshed my screen at 900am and then get 502 bad gateway 20x. 2 minutes later when I can get the screen to come up they are already gone. I'll still try for the general tix on sale Friday I guess?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Huh, yeah, I bought a ticket for last year's NA tour and didn't get an email this go-around either.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

WASTE Pre sale is usually for GA right? Lots of people trying for not a lot of tickets and I'm sure people start f5ing early. No luck here this time :( hoping they don't sell out all three nights at MSG in five minutes

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nah, I got assigned seats (personal preference) in the presale for their last two shows in Kansas City.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am hoping the Toronto general tickets are available come Saturday morning. I feel times a ticking on how long they'll be touring and I'll need to fly in for this since Winnipeg is never going to get em.

gently caress - I am already nervous.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jesus they're touring again already?

London wen.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress TICKETMASTER!!
gently caress TICKETMASTER!!gently caress TICKETMASTER!!gently caress TICKETMASTER!!gently caress TICKETMASTER!!
gently caress TICKETMASTER!!gently caress TICKETMASTER!!gently caress TICKETMASTER!!gently caress TICKETMASTER!!
gently caress TICKETMASTER!!gently caress TICKETMASTER!!gently caress TICKETMASTER!!

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

got 4 lower level for friday at msg

brb grinning like an idiot for the rest of the day

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
I keep getting an error at checkout and then promptly losing the tickets. fml

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

Yeah I haven't been to a stadium concert in years but after the timer rolled over at noon yesterday, immediately the only "best seats" available were lovely balcony ones, while the actual good seats available on 3rd party websites (Ticketmaster subsidiaries) were conveniently running $200-900+ a pop two minutes after sales started, not including handling charges. I'm sure this is old hat to people who go to big concerts frequently, and it's always been bad, but Jesus Christ things have gotten out of hand.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Glad I managed to see them on the KOL tour, now that they're all getting old and less interested in lengthy tours I'm not real interested in driving for eight hours to Chicago to see them especially with the ticketing issues

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, that was one of the worst experiences. You'd think with their years of bullshit service fees they could afford infrastructure that actually worked.

I had a phone on LTE and a computer connected to a different network that were both seeing different results in the search, and when I did try to snag something, I'd get stuck in an endless loop of "row change" alerts that led nowhere.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Woah Woah you guys are asking a lot of the people who literally only have the job of selling tickets to big concerts

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Glad I managed to see them on the KOL tour, now that they're all getting old and less interested in lengthy tours I'm not real interested in driving for eight hours to Chicago to see them especially with the ticketing issues

:same:

plus TKoL tour was loving incredible

Edit: excerpt for that show where that guy died

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
I got barstool seats in the back of Madison Square Garden, which are bad seats, but still I’m seeing loving Radiohead at Madison Square Garden and I actually got Radiohead tickets in a public onsale, this is a legendary day for me (I mashed “row change” upwards of 30 times and finally one of them triggered)

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
i failed but my SO somehow got nosebleeds for Boston TD Garden gently caress yes i am so happy i am seeing this very good band live again

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It was so bad. I was on the second it came up and 3 floor seats selected but just sitting there. Such BS. In the end gently caress big shows like this.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I have some real lovely seats in Chicago but I'm finally gonna see Radiohead so I've been high as a kite all weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
New Thom Yorke solo stuff expected soon.