Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Centzon Totochtin posted:

The location isn't showing up with a quest marker though so I thought I had to go further in

Is Agate in your party?

Also there's only one point of no return left and it's at the very end of the game, so you're fine as far as being able to drop everything and sidequest until you get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Sometimes there's weird hangups about quest markers. Try making sure Agate is equipped on someone, and then also go to the location anyways just to make sure. If you're in Gormott, let's say, and a quest updates to where you need to travel to Mor Ardain, the quest marker won't appear on the Mor Ardain map until you actually physically arrive on the continent, and then if you check the map again it'll be there.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Zoran posted:

From the entrance, follow the left wall. Should be there on the ground level, towards the back.

Nope not there. Do I need prospecting level 3 for it to spawn? I'm only at level 2 right now but that didn't stop level 3 spots from spawning on other titans so that shouldn't be the issue

E: I'm on that Titan and have Agate equipped, that shouldn't be the issue

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Tae posted:

Voice actors come from everywhere, is that a serious question

well, all american voice actors sound the same to me or at least very similar

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 11, 2018

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Dropping by the thread to bitch about the gacha system since that's definitely never been done. Only KOS-MOS, Vale, and Newt left and after burning 35 legendary cores and 51 rares with 999 luck on the train home -- I have gently caress all to show for it besides a few 4 stars.

Worst of all, I swear the game fucks with the player since nine times out of ten it shows the silhouette of at least one of the rares and way too loving often it flashes two of them before awarding me a two star common shitter.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Nope not there. Do I need prospecting level 3 for it to spawn? I'm only at level 2 right now but that didn't stop level 3 spots from spawning on other titans so that shouldn't be the issue

E: I'm on that Titan and have Agate equipped, that shouldn't be the issue

Make sure: Agate is in your active party, you have the sidequest active, you've viewed her affinity tree to make sure Agate's Mining got filled in after you finished the previous step in her quest chain.

The spot should show up in your compass but as another goon said it's on the back left of the Decayed Titan on the bottom floor. Literally on the wall opposite of Parasite Aplacus or whatever that unique monster is called.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That's how I interpreted it too.

When I think of someone good at interpreting relationships I think GreenBuckanneer

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

When I think of someone good at interpreting relationships I think GreenBuckanneer

I....I am quite surprised and slightly annoyed you remember that ASOIAF reference.

Still, I didn't notice anything that would have meant "oh man I am afraid of telling him I love him." It was a "oh man I'm afraid what they'll think when they find out I'm a flesh eater"

The latter was telegraphed well, the former was not.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Bout Nia I really want to interpret her feelings as platonic even though they're not, just because Rex and Nia make really good buddies and don't really need to be romantically involved. If they hadn't done the stuff in Chapter 10 I would be fine, but Nia comparing herself to Pyra (which they hadn't done at all beforehand and I really appreciated) made it pretty clear that's what they're getting at.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I....I am quite surprised and slightly annoyed you remember that ASOIAF reference.

Still, I didn't notice anything that would have meant "oh man I am afraid of telling him I love him." It was a "oh man I'm afraid what they'll think when they find out I'm a flesh eater"

The latter was telegraphed well, the former was not.

Oh god I was just thinking of that whole saga when you got joint custody of E/N, what the hell happened with ASOIAF?

I can see interpreting Nia's confession as platonic if it was never brought up again after that scene but the game explicitly says later that it was romantic love so idk why this is being debated at all

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

Oh god I was just thinking of that whole saga when you got joint custody of E/N, what the hell happened with ASOIAF?

I can see interpreting Nia's confession as platonic if it was never brought up again after that scene but the game explicitly says later that it was romantic love so idk why this is being debated at all

Where was it stated that? I've been meandering in chapter 7. I do remember a post battle conversation line where nia goes "I'll tell you about it later ;)" but that struck me as weird as well given where I am.

Also I don't remember what you're talking about for E/N

As for the ASOIAF, I didn't realize the Renly/Loras connection from reading the books because I was kind of skimming through it and read part of the audiobook, and you lose a lot of detail that way.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Leathal posted:

Make sure: Agate is in your active party, you have the sidequest active, you've viewed her affinity tree to make sure Agate's Mining got filled in after you finished the previous step in her quest chain.

The spot should show up in your compass but as another goon said it's on the back left of the Decayed Titan on the bottom floor. Literally on the wall opposite of Parasite Aplacus or whatever that unique monster is called.

All those were true and it still didn't show up. I had to save the game, close the software, start it again, go to the spot, unequip agate then re-equip her to get it to trigger. what is wrong with this game

Also, when premium cannisters show up, do they disappear after a certain amount of in-game time or when you rest at an inn, because I've heard both

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Where was it stated that? I've been meandering in chapter 7. I do remember a post battle conversation line where nia goes "I'll tell you about it later ;)" but that struck me as weird as well given where I am.

In the final Chapter

what happens is Rex and all his friends are going through a vision quest and you get into an actual gameplay fight with Nia after she attacks you, accusing you of "only having eyes for Pyra" and not noticing that she's "been there the whole time," both things she directly says

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Earnestly posted:

End of chapter 3 spoilers

I just watched a 10 minute cut scene in the middle of a boss battle where the scantily-clad, buxom wifeu magically transformed into a different scantily-clad, buxom wifeu, and the main villain's motivation waa revealed to be "saving the world by killing humanity." Also, the second wifeu is a tsundere?

Goddamn it, I thought this series was supposed to be less anime.

What gave you that impression? Xeno games have always been extremely anime.

The first Xenoblade game was anime as hell as well. The world is two ancient gundams and the creatures that live on them while the last leg of the story is pure :japan:

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That's how I interpreted it too.

IDK how people thought it was. It seemed pretty obvious at the time, and even moreso when Rex said he loved her back, and then her reaction when he immediately makes it clear his love is only platonic further reinforces that her statement wasn't a friendship kind of love.

It's also made abundantly clear (ch10 stuff) when you get to the Architect, because your 1 on 1 interaction with her is her being angry that Rex is focused on Pyra/Mythra while not paying any attention to her and her feelings for him.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Just found out you also get Overdrive Protocols for completing your party member's Affinity Charts that you spend skill points on, so that's another 5 easy ones

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Just found out you also get Overdrive Protocols for completing your party member's Affinity Charts that you spend skill points on, so that's another 5 easy ones

At the end of the game after investing an obscene amount of hours.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Yeah, "easy" may be a bit of an overstatement here. Those SPs don't come fast

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I loving got the KOS-MOS

Only one blade left, and it's Dahlia

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao, I'm doing Kora's quest and Mythra just straight up called her a basic bitch. I love this game.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I loving got the KOS-MOS

Only one blade left, and it's Dahlia

Congrats!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's a rude thing to say to my chatty friend Kora.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

To be fair she was asking for it.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Any party member suggestions for lucky, inherited, and the hunter girls?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

poe meater posted:

Inherited is a ether cannon so put her onto Five, good blade you can use in the ether cannon meme build. Lucky is an HP-based tank, so whoever your tank is, even though it'll probably only be temporarily useful. Spear user hunter onto Nia, it gives you a big bonus to your ether stat and Nia has a bunch of ether-based spear moves. Katana onto Four, one of the three best evasion tanks.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Inherited is a ether cannon so put her onto Five, good blade you can use in the ether cannon meme build. Lucky is an HP-based tank, so whoever your tank is, even though it'll probably only be temporarily useful. Spear user hunter onto Nia, it gives you a big bonus to your ether stat and Nia has a bunch of ether-based spear moves. Katana onto Four, one of the three best evasion tanks.

What are the other best ones

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

just started this, this game's deal seems to be making me think it's not xenoblade and then torpedoing that thought

me: im not sure about these characters, seems kinda dull overall
*AWESOME BOAT FIGHT*
me: nevermind

me: these areas seem pretty linear and easy, this isnt xenoblade at all
*stumbles onto some open plains where i am immediately ambushed and murdered by a level 2 billion bird*
me: nevermind

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

What are the other best ones

Poppi Mk.2 is by far the best on paper, but you can't make Tora into a dodge tank without lobotomizing the other two Poppis, so that's kind of cheating.

The story blade Brighid is off-the-charts good. She's basically immune to ranged attacks, gets a massive evasion boost at low HP, and has a high natural Block rate. Also, she's the only tank blade with access to Break. Most importantly, she gets a unique passive which gives her +10% damage stacking up to 250% every time she dodges--her damage output and aggro generation are unrivaled in longer fights. In her element, she's basically a tank with no weaknesses.

Newt is dumb dumb dumb. She gets the all-important Draw Aggro Blade Art, is almost immune to enemy Break/Topple/etc effects (!) and reduces enemy damage by 40% just by existing (!!). Unfortunately she's also a fire blade, which means you're probably never going to use her on either Rex or Four. I guess if your master plan involves main tank Five you're set, but c'mon.

Finch gets here as an afternote, since he has a unique niche. He's not actually very tanky and he has literally no bonus to aggro generation (except Draw Aggro), but he has a unique passive which resets enemy art cooldowns when he uses a special attack. Plus he's the only hammer tank which boosts evasion (which means he's Four's only real way to access Topple). It's not a great niche, but it is a niche, which is more than the really dreadful tanks (hi, Perceval!) can say.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Reiterpallasch posted:

Finch gets here as an afternote, since he has a unique niche. He's not actually very tanky and he has literally no bonus to aggro generation (except Draw Aggro), but he has a unique passive which resets enemy art cooldowns when he uses a special attack. Plus he's the only hammer tank which boosts evasion (which means he's Four's only real way to access Topple). It's not a great niche, but it is a niche, which is more than the really dreadful tanks (hi, Perceval!) can say.

Because Nia has Perceval for me I'd never used him until just recently and I was super surprised to see that he was a Tank. I'd never realised! It just doesn't seem to fit him at all.

I finally did Dagas' quest last night. I enjoyed it and I especially enjoy his new abilities. The only thing I would remove is having to do a merc mission near the end. It was 20 minutes and I just wanted to get the quest done and go to bed instead of having to hang around!

Got Five's luck up to 500. Out of 10 rare cores I got 6 actual rare blades. It's a shame they're all bound to 5 but wow, Luck must seriously make a huge difference when you've still got a lot to unlock. I'm getting close to buying the DLC pass just so I can get those overdrives and start using these blades since I never use 5 at all. They feel wasted, I want to see them in action on people who can use them the way I want!

And Rex's voice actor is from Bolton. He doesn't have a super typical Bolton accent but it's a vague mix of Manchester and Huddersfield.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Reiterpallasch posted:

Poppi Mk.2 is by far the best on paper, but you can't make Tora into a dodge tank without lobotomizing the other two Poppis, so that's kind of cheating.

The story blade Brighid is off-the-charts good. She's basically immune to ranged attacks, gets a massive evasion boost at low HP, and has a high natural Block rate. Also, she's the only tank blade with access to Break. Most importantly, she gets a unique passive which gives her +10% damage stacking up to 250% every time she dodges--her damage output and aggro generation are unrivaled in longer fights. In her element, she's basically a tank with no weaknesses.

Newt is dumb dumb dumb. She gets the all-important Draw Aggro Blade Art, is almost immune to enemy Break/Topple/etc effects (!) and reduces enemy damage by 40% just by existing (!!). Unfortunately she's also a fire blade, which means you're probably never going to use her on either Rex or Four. I guess if your master plan involves main tank Five you're set, but c'mon.

Oops, I guess my 4 Story blade/Finch/Perceval setup isn't as good as I thought? Like you said Finch actually seems really good on her, but not as the blade I start the battle with. I thought Perceval was generally considered to be a really good fit on 4?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Element overlap isn't as detrimental if you're controlling them.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Nia is also quite good with ether cannons, and maybe better than Five with them. Come endgame you won’t need a dedicated healer anymore.

The lance user does not give an ether bonus. You’re thinking of Vale. Praxis has a Dex bonus, and most of her passive skills rely on having max Affinity, so she won’t be that effective if you’re also counting on Nia to use healing blades most of the time. Nia has only one ether-based megalance driver art, and it's not very strong.

Reiterpallasch posted:

Unfortunately Newt's skill is poorly translated. Instead of reducing all incoming damage from nearby sources, it reduces damage that teammates take when they're close by, and it doesn’t affect her own driver. She's still really solid as a tank, but not as good as she first seems.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oops, I guess my 4 Story blade/Finch/Perceval setup isn't as good as I thought? Like you said Finch actually seems really good on her, but not as the blade I start the battle with. I thought Perceval was generally considered to be a really good fit on 4?

Perceval is quite competent during the story but weak at endgame. He's a tank blade who actually wants to be an attacker, which helps him draw aggro compared to some of the other katana blades. However, he doesn’t have the survivability that the other katanas have beyond whatever defensive accessories and aux cores you use. And the two drivers who are best at physical attacks don’t want the increased aggro draw that comes from having a tank blade.

Gorg has this problem from the opposite direction: he's loaded with tank skills but doesn’t actually have the means to hold aggro as a tank should. Also, the tank driver doesn’t get any driver combo moves with axes.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Goddamn there's so much poo poo going on.

I just got a new blade dude but he looks like a loser and Pyra's awesome so I don't want to use him.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Zoran posted:

The lance user does not give an ether bonus. You’re thinking of Vale. Praxis has a Dex bonus, and most of her passive skills rely on having max Affinity, so she won’t be that effective if you’re also counting on Nia to use healing blades most of the time. Nia has only one ether-based megalance driver art, and it's not very strong.

I find it's easyish to get her to heal if you make sure that you're moving into an element a healing blade has. So if you've got Ice and Water for healing on Nia you make sure your combos have Ice/Water in and she won't switch out.
I know that's not foolproof but it's been okay for me!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
It's not the lack of healing that's the problem. Nia will switch to heal fairly often. It's that all of Praxis's damage potential comes from reaching max affinity with her, and Nia won’t tend to do that.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

poe meater posted:

The eyepatch sisters go on Zeke, so you can have the eyepatch squad consisting of him, the sisters, and pandoria getting in as an honorary eyewear member.

Also Zeke is alright with Katanas so this isn't terrible gameplaywise.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Wait, Azami should be on Nia instead of Rex or Zeke? I thought those two were attackers, and Nia was a healer? Why put Azami on Nia then?

I wish they gave us unlimited overdrives.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pollyanna posted:

Technically they do :suicide:

(Logistically it's not really that difficult so much as it's time consuming)

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 11, 2018

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I have 2 RNG Blades to go and have opened 150+ legendary cores with nothing dropping. Is there anyway I can greatly boost my chances of something dropping?

IMO, they should have just added in a option where you could trade in 99 rare/legendary cores for a guaranteed drop. I think that have made the system a little better.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Yea. I'd be fine with the gatcha system if I could just pump luck on a single character - as it's really loving annoying finding the accessories for it in the list - and pair every single blade to them and transfer it out.
I don't really see why that's even a problem other than they want to sell overdrives via the DLC!

quote:

I have 2 RNG Blades to go and have opened 150+ legendary cores with nothing dropping. Is there anyway I can greatly boost my chances of something dropping?
What's your luck and are you using boosters? I dunno if boosters definitely make a difference but it feels that way.
The fish shop and the butchers in Mor Ardain will give you an item to carry 20 more boosters in total if you can buy the deeds, it makes it much easier.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Taear posted:

What's your luck and are you using boosters? I dunno if boosters definitely make a difference but it feels that way.
The fish shop and the butchers in Mor Ardain will give you an item to carry 20 more boosters in total if you can buy the deeds, it makes it much easier.

I guess I didn’t have Mor Ardain high enough for that yet as my booster is still just at 5 a piece. I just learned about how to better increase luck so I can get it to the 600’s from the low 500 that I was at.

What are all the ways to increase level of an area? I figured out buying a bunch of stuff raises a level. I don’t know if I can just repeat that as I might have already done that for Mor Ardain.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Black Stones posted:

I guess I didn’t have Mor Ardain high enough for that yet as my booster is still just at 5 a piece. I just learned about how to better increase luck so I can get it to the 600’s from the low 500 that I was at.

What are all the ways to increase level of an area? I figured out buying a bunch of stuff raises a level. I don’t know if I can just repeat that as I might have already done that for Mor Ardain.

Selling works as well. Buy some gold cylinders, go salvage with them at dock #2 (the place you were at when you got to the continent for the first time), turn in everything at the salavge trader for 35k+ a pop, repeat until dev 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Selling works as well. Buy some gold cylinders, go salvage with them at dock #2 (the place you were at when you got to the continent for the first time), turn in everything at the salavge trader for 35k+ a pop, repeat until dev 5

and then once you hit dev 5, buy all the gold cylinders for 5k apiece, then warp to a different region and sell those cylinders for 5k apiece. Free dev level grinding!