Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Vaguido posted:

Hey y'all, remember this sick promo by Daniel and Shane regarding what Smackdown Live is supposed to be about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDdQR_3FeLg

Hey who is the guy next to Alexa Bliss? He looks a bit like Vladimir Kozlov but this is not 2009 or whatnot. He doesn't get a lot of time on camera and I can't tell who he and his partner are. I assume partner as they seem to have similar gear. Seriously bugging me...

Such good times. Feels like years ago. Weird how, nowadays, I hate Shane O Mac more than Steph.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Reigns/Undertaker isn't amazing but on a rewatch it feels underrated

I still hope that rumour is wrong. I wanted Cena/Taker before but... its time to move on. Taker was beaten then retired by the new chosen one. Let it be done. Match wasn't that bad. Taker coming back for yet another match just feels like a waste. The mystique is gone. You took the figure out of the package and played with it. You can't scotch tape it back in and try to sell it as unopened to some poor sap on ebay. Well you CAN, but should you?

Also seems weird since Roman is still their dog. I know it isn't mentioned as much now but still.... the Big Dog destroying the Dead Man is still a big feather in his cap. Why take that away from him? Just hope this turns out to be false. Let old grandpa Taker chill on his porch. Don't bring him back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Taker is not capable of having a good match anymore. Period. It's going to be awful snails paced dogshit. I really hope Taker doesn't need the money because holy poo poo he should not be wrestling. It's depressing watching him shamble through a lovely match with that awful dye job and guyliner.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Von_Doom posted:

Hey who is the guy next to Alexa Bliss? He looks a bit like Vladimir Kozlov but this is not 2009 or whatnot. He doesn't get a lot of time on camera and I can't tell who he and his partner are. I assume partner as they seem to have similar gear. Seriously bugging me...

mojo and zack in... happier days

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Von_Doom posted:

Hey who is the guy next to Alexa Bliss? He looks a bit like Vladimir Kozlov but this is not 2009 or whatnot.

Mojo

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Shawn made that second Taker/HHH match okay just by his ridiculous selling. He sold Taker kicking out of the Superkick + Pedigree like someone dropped a vial of bubonic plague

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I liked the HiaC match. It was the right kind of self-indulgent ridiculousness. The kickout was great and I like HHH going for his hammer and Undertaker stepping on it and just the way the finish has this slow feeling of futility encroaching on HHH when he realizes he ain't gonna do what he set out to do. And he just does a defiant Suck It before eating another Tombstone and going down. I enjoy it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VJeff posted:

I liked the HiaC match. It was the right kind of self-indulgent ridiculousness. The kickout was great and I like HHH going for his hammer and Undertaker stepping on it and just the way the finish has this slow feeling of futility encroaching on HHH when he realizes he ain't gonna do what he set out to do. And he just does a defiant Suck It before eating another Tombstone and going down. I enjoy it.

rehashing Michaaels slap when he retired. HHH loving sucks

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It was way better than the WM27 Taker/HHH match, which was a loving painfully boring chore and HHH at his worst self-indulgent habits.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DoctorGonzo posted:

rehashing Michaaels slap when he retired. HHH loving sucks

I think they're different enough. HBK's throat slash and slap comes off like he's desperate to keep going (because, y'know, he doesn't want his career to end) and he still thinks he can win and the slap incenses Undertaker, who was kinda hesitating to finish the job at that point, enough to bury him with the Super Tombstone. HHH's Suck It comes off as just defiance in the face of futility, like, HHH knows he's toast but he wants to get in one last gently caress you before the inevitable happens.

HBK's is better, obviously, but I still like HHH's. Which is kind of a microcosm of those two in general.

Benne posted:

It was way better than the WM27 Taker/HHH match, which was a loving painfully boring chore and HHH at his worst self-indulgent habits.

I like the finish of that one, because of the idea of HHH being so self-indulgent with his own poo poo and so frustrated with Undertaker being unkillable that he does something really stupid and gets caught and I like the idea of Taker being pissed off that he couldn't leave the match under his own power playing into the next one where he definitively beats HHH.

Having said that, yeah, that match is pretty much a slog. HHH hitting like seven Pedigrees is pretty :lol:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 11, 2018

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
triple h is a fantastic performer but he really should have stopped after WM 30 because everything he’s done since then has been increasingly irrelevant and painfully boring

stephanie should never have been on tv in the first place

undertaker should have retired after the lesnar loss

shawn went out at the perfect time and that’s why he’s the best

I’m still pumped up for Cena-Undertaker though

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
John Cena is going to retire before the Undertaker

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They should've done Sting vs. Undertaker and HHH vs. Bray at WM31, don't @ me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

They should've done Sting vs. Undertaker and HHH vs. Bray at WM31, don't @ me.

I would've loved to see that Bray burial.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Maybe he would have gotten repackaged and we wouldn't have had to watch the House of Horrors match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Mixed Match Challenge brackets were posted.

Sorry Becky. You had a good (short) run.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Undertaker/Lesnar at SummerSlam and at HIAC were better than any of the Undertaker/HBK or god forbid Undertaker/HHH matches.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao, Becky/Sami gonna job out to Strowman/Bliss then come back to job to Flair/Roode.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DarkstarIV posted:

Mixed Match Challenge brackets were posted.

Sorry Becky. You had a good (short) run.

So...does this mean the week nine match is going to end in a draw somehow, since their "winner's slot" is a fan vote?

e: I forgot it was a six team bracket and the layout confused me

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 11, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
They seem to have put Miz and Asuka on a fairly easy path to victory. The only question mark is Bliss/Strowman, but I'm pretty sure they can work around that by having Bliss do something dumb like slap Strowman, causing him to throw her to the wolves or something.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

One match a week? I guess that's a way to stretch the tournament.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
A 12-week run means they might be planning to put the final on the Mania card (or the pre-show Facebook stream or whatever). So uh, hope none of your favorite wrestlers get tied up in that!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

They seem to have put Miz and Asuka on a fairly easy path to victory. The only question mark is Bliss/Strowman, but I'm pretty sure they can work around that by having Bliss do something dumb like slap Strowman, causing him to throw her to the wolves or something.

They're going to lose.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Asuka and Strowman murder their partners, continue together.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I’m wrong about many things but right about many things too. It’s like I’m perfectly mediocre which owns hard.

But I said during Wrestlemania’s thread last year that Taker was not done because WWE needs them ratings and Wrestlemania is all about the old people.

When your primary audience now is genXers and old millennial you gotta give your audience something they can relate to.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

VJeff posted:

Asuka and Strowman murder their partners, continue together.
I can see it happening in Week 10 where Miz/Asuka face Strowman/Bliss, except Asuka stretchers Bliss and Strowman stretchers Miz, leaving Asuka and Strowman no choice but to continue as partners into Week 12

Hire me WWE

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 11, 2018

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i was going to say the last good undertaker match was with CM Punk in 2013 but his last Hell in a Cell with Brock was pretty loving good

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

piss tape israel posted:

I can see it happening in Week 10 where Miz/Asuka face Strowman/Bliss, except Asuka stretchers Bliss and Strowman stretchers Miz, leaving Asuka and Strowman no choice but to continue as partners into Week 12

Hire me WWE

Okay you know that spot from Young Bucks vs Roppongi 3k where they kept kicking the injured partner's back?

That, except it's Asuka and Strowman's finishers to the other's partner.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just got an email that WWE is returning to Chicago, but going to the United Center instead of Allstate Arena... for a house show. That arena holds 5,000 more people, and they never really sell out Allstate when they come.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

i was going to say the last good undertaker match was with CM Punk in 2013 but his last Hell in a Cell with Brock was pretty loving good

That match was loving hype as poo poo and also possibly the last great Lesnar match which is sad

unless you count Goldberg squashing Lesnar

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Astro7x posted:

Just got an email that WWE is returning to Chicago, but going to the United Center instead of Allstate Arena... for a house show. That arena holds 5,000 more people, and they never really sell out Allstate when they come.
Hmmm I might actually go. When is the house show?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

piss tape israel posted:

Hmmm I might actually go. When is the house show?

Saturday, March 3rd.

Tickets on sale Friday, but can order now with presale code "UNITED"

They are advertising:
Lesnar vs. Kane
Reigns vs. Cena

Plus Rollins, Strowman, Wyatt, Hardy, Balor, Banks, Bliss, Jordan

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That's an underwhelming card but I still might go

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Astro7x posted:

I figured it was gonna be September, to spite Cody et al.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That match was loving hype as poo poo and also possibly the last great Lesnar match which is sad

unless you count Goldberg squashing Lesnar

lesnar/styles was just two months ago, and the fatal four way was 6

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Any Taker Mania build needs to begin with him sheepishly walking into the stadium in Orlando to pick up the gear he left in the middle of the ring

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

CubsWoo posted:

Any Taker Mania build needs to begin with him sheepishly walking into the stadium in Orlando to pick up the gear he left in the middle of the ring

Naw he should wrestle naked

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Naw he should just not wreslte

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

Here are the results of the very first episode of WWF Monday Night RAW, which aired 25 years ago today:

• Yokozuna def. Koko B. Ware

• Steiner Brothers def. Executioners

• IC Title Match:
Shawn Michaels def. Max Moon

• The Undertaker def. Damien Demento

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gaz-L posted:

I figured it was gonna be September, to spite Cody et al.

They dont really advertise more than one show in advance. After the house show I’m sure tickets will go on sale for MITB in June. Chicago will then get a house show in September, and then probably Raw/Smackdown In Christmas since that has been the trend.

I wonder if they are testing out United Center since now MITB will be a combined roster PPV with a Takeover the day before? But they couldn’t even sell out half of the upper deck of Allstate for Takeover Chicago and just blocked it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CubsWoo posted:

The Dead Man retired, not....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3pztSNrR40

• Locked thread