Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Did a quick read of IS, and one thing that stands out as weird to me is that he voted AA twice in a row yesterday.

Day two, while Quid is going down, he posts a reasonable case on AA, and while he votes Quid, he does state that he intends to vote AA at the start of the next day, which he does at the start of D3:

IllegallySober posted:

I know I've been mentioned a couple of times and will respond to those and read more deeply the posts I missed from yesterday/this morning on my lunch break.

For now, I will ##vote AA as I said I would do at the end of the game day yesterday pending further developments.

KB, if you requested healing targets for today, I've missed it- let me know if you wish me to heal someone during the day today. My day heal is not Shine-dependent.

Either today or tomorrow I'd like to be put in battle and if battling would like to be placed in the back row as mentioned before but that's completely up to KB and I understand.

I'll be back for more reading/posting in about three hours.

Then he unvotes when the Moat stuff gets posted, briefly OMGUS-es MMT (and he does openly admit it's a reactive vote), and unvotes from there after Moat claims:

IllegallySober posted:

##unvote from MMT.

I haven't had a chance to fully consider all the permutations of Moat's claim yet but will be gone for a good chunk of the next couple of hours. KB, if you're ready to wrap up, tell me and I'll vote there. Otherwise I'll try to go on break at work early and get back to this.

Then, with KB's permission, votes AA:

IllegallySober posted:

Sure thing ##vote AA

He then says that he'd be fine with a Moat vote, and that he doesn't think his vote on AA is doing anything... but during this time he's digging through AA's post history, and digs up the AA quote about popping Indomitable Will:

IllegallySober posted:

I totally missed how he phrased this.

Moat is still well ahead in the votes at this point, and some people express disappointment that they don't think it can be swung onto AA. Then IS posts this:

IllegallySober posted:

I agree and I will help you if we have the votes ##vote AA

Switching his vote to AA... from AA. Within about an hour of his previous vote on AA, who was his top read for scum for the day, and in less time than that since he referenced the fact that he was voting AA, time during which he was looking through AA's posting history. Did he really somehow forget who he was voting for? It feels more like an attempt to make it look like there was a switch in momentum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'd actually forgotten my vote was parked on AA. Reasonable for you to suspect, but that exchange with KB was right as I'd walked back into work so I'd spaced that he'd asked me to place the vote on AA from before.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

The Lord of Hats posted:

He then says that he'd be fine with a Moat vote, and that he doesn't think his vote on AA is doing anything... but during this time he's digging through AA's post history, and digs up the AA quote about popping Indomitable Will:

This isn't right, though. I noticed it because TMM had quoted something AA had said, not because I was independently going looking for it myself.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Oh, my bad, sorry. I just saw that you quoted the original AA post .

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Keep in mind, just because you see someone claiming a lot, doesn't mean it is all from their own abilities.

--- While I'm here though, pretty likely Bif will take us here again:

Guerrero
Pushing back into Mexican territory, the fighting takes to the streets. The tighter quarters favor those used to urban brawls, while those who long for the open sky are at a loss.
Universal Effect: All Bruisers have +1 to their offensive abilities, while all Ranchers have -1 to their offensive abilities.

I'm actually ok with any Bruiser or Rancher claims at this time if you haven't already claimed.

I'm neither but I have a positive status for the next battle only that is essentially the same as being a bruiser

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Yeah, I'm a rancher

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This day seems slow. Where is everyone?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Long weekend coming in the US. Maybe they traveling?

Speaking of: I'm traveling this weekend KB. My posting will be very slow. I'll still try to vote and update sheets and participate, but it's hard to do while herding a fam in Orlando. Gone tomorrow thru Tuesday night

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

Moatillata (2): Murmur Twin, Slaan
Truth Quark (2): GeneX, Moatillata
chaoslord (1): Truth Quark
IllegallySober (0): OMGVBFLOL, OMGVBFLOL
The Lord of Hats (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (13): chaoslord, Flying Leatherman, Gamerofthegame, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, Kashuno, King Burgundy, OMGVBFLOL, SalTheBard, The Lord of Hats, TMMadman, Tobbs Gnawed, Your Personal Muse :rubshands:

With 18 people still alive, it takes 10 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 12th, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

I just woke up a little while and am catching up. Tobbs and TMM both being sure of Hats as town is admittedly kind of loving me up.

I still think Moat is the best vote for today and would be hard-pressed to change my mind.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

I just woke up a little while and am catching up. Tobbs and TMM both being sure of Hats as town is admittedly kind of loving me up.

I still think Moat is the best vote for today and would be hard-pressed to change my mind.

Did KB give the go-ahead to lynch all out or shine-independent confirmed healers?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Did KB give the go-ahead to lynch all of our shine-independent confirmed healers?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:siren:

Prelim healing assignments:

Slaan on FL
IS on FL
FL on Tobbs
Moat on TMM
Hats, go ahead and vampire OMG, he isn't doing much at the moment.

---

Lock them in.

As before be prepared to change your target if necessary. This note is especially for Moat and Hats, no repeat of yesterday. :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Did KB give the go-ahead to lynch all out or shine-independent confirmed healers?

King Burgundy posted:

I don't consider Hats a healer and don't think anyone does. Vampire Self Heal is not on my list of gotta keep this dude alive. :) Here are the actual confirmed healers now: FL, Slaan, IS, TQ(but out of shine, 1 off). I think it is likely that Moat also healed Hats yesterday, but he still isn't on my confirmed list due to his play.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Kash or KB if MMT is confirmed town or something just say something, because if not I think we should lynch her.

Don't worry MMT you don't have to respond to more casing. I've made all my points already.

##vote MMT

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'll clarify anything new about people I don't want cuddled(or do!) after we get to soft deadline, as long as everyone has their thoughts/votes in by then as planned. This might slip a bit depending on that second part.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
MMT:
Moat and IS are confirmed healers.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Slaan on FL
IS on FL
FL on Tobbs
Moat on TMM

---

Lock them in.

As before be prepared to change your target if necessary. This note is especially for Moat and Hats, no repeat of yesterday. :)

Can I volunteer for being vampired? A tiny amount of damage at the start of prelim would go a long way toward my buying Hats' claim.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

MMT:

Neither me nor KB seems to believe that Moat is a confirmed healer. Do you not understand that, or...?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I voted for MMT yesterday, I don't really see any reason to change my vote today. ##vote MMT

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs - you buffed your rank in battle #1 and tracked Hats battle #3, am I reading that correctly?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Can I volunteer for being vampired? A tiny amount of damage at the start of prelim would go a long way toward my buying Hats' claim.

Hmmm, yes, I'll consider this. I'm also using the threat of vamping to try to prompt OMG to actually contribute though, so we'll see.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

I voted for MMT yesterday, I don't really see any reason to change my vote today. ##vote MMT

So the cases I posted today had no effect on your read?

Like if you think I'm scum, that's one thing, but I'm a bit curious that "I voted for her yesterday and see no reason to change my vote" flies as voting rationale.

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm, yes, I'll consider this. I'm also using the threat of vamping to try to prompt OMG to actually contribute though, so we'll see.

If it helps, I have a healing potion which can probably cover a vampiring.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

Slaan on FL
IS on FL
FL on Tobbs
Moat on TMM

---

Lock them in.

Understood and completed, boss.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Lurkers are alive posters are dead

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Maybe instead of vamping OMG..we kill him. Or TQ. I'll be back with some case info later I hope

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sal, convince me I am right to believe that you are just a new person who doesn't really know how to scum hunt yet and really just wants to be in battle in order to feel useful.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

MMT:

Can I ask why you're so strongly in belief that it was town Moat who healed Hats instead of scum (healer) who did it to buy scumbro Moat cred?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Neither me nor KB seems to believe that Moat is a confirmed healer. Do you not understand that, or...?

Who topped me off D2 and healed Hats D3?

Murmur Twin posted:

Tobbs - you buffed your rank in battle #1 and tracked Hats battle #3, am I reading that correctly?

These things are true.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Can I ask why you're so strongly in belief that it was town Moat who healed Hats instead of scum (healer) who did it to buy scumbro Moat cred?

By this logic we have no confirmed healers.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

:thurman:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Who topped me off D2 and healed Hats D3?

Why not scum trying to buy Moat cred?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
As far as I can tell, MMT has cased (in sorta chronological order):

Kash (unflipped, leaning town)
Me (unflipped, I don't think I'd even posted about my heal yet)
Gamer (unflipped, leaning scum)
Keane (flipped town)
Moat (unflipped, unconfirmed healer, null read)
AA (flipped town, confirmed healer)
Hats (unflipped, leaning town based on Tobbs' info)
IS (unflipped, confirmed healer, null read)

She also agreed that Slaan was scummy at a few points. largely based on my case.

Healers MMT has not suspected or cased:
FL

I don't know how conclusive this information is tbh. I haven't been reading MMT very carefully. She's a good player and I have a very hard time determining her alignment one way or another :/

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This is disingenuous and you know it. You can't pretend like Moat and FL/Slaan are on the same level of claim believability, even KB acknowledges this.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Why not scum trying to buy Moat cred?

Same can be said for literally everyone who ever claimed to heal anyone.

Also, what? Moat's original anti-claiming position WRT healers fits his claim nicely.

Are you saying that the simplest explanation is that Moat has been role-playing a healer to cover for a healer scumbro? Why?

Also, if Moat's heals don't work, whether he does them or not, isn't it better to keep him alive, else the secret hidden scum conspiracy healer can stop obeying KB and pick his own targets.

This is why you're scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

This is disingenuous and you know it. You can't pretend like Moat and FL/Slaan are on the same level of claim believability, even KB acknowledges this.

Your logic literally applies equally to all those healers.

Scum X pretends to heal someone while Scum Y performs the heal.

And the question remains: WHYYYYYY?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
People who have been posting very sparsely since D3 who I would like to hear more from:
OMG
GeneX
chaoslord (pops back in just to respond to my case and then vanishes again?)
YPM
FL
Gamer
Sal

and to a lesser extent, Hal. Today has mostly be a party with me Tobbs MMT TMM and KB, and frankly our opinions are largely stale and moving in circles.

I would be happy voting for either chaoslord or Gamer, as it stands now. MMT is tunneling very hard on this Moat/IS/Hats theory, and while I strongly disagree about that being the correct move for today (voting for one of those three), I'm kind of leaning towards MMT being town for it. Like Moat has straight up not been helpful to town so I don't see scum putting in this much effort to try and get him voted out.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

As far as I can tell, MMT has cased (in sorta chronological order):

Kash (unflipped, leaning town)
Me (unflipped, I don't think I'd even posted about my heal yet)
Gamer (unflipped, leaning scum)
Keane (flipped town)
Moat (unflipped, unconfirmed healer, null read)
AA (flipped town, confirmed healer)
Hats (unflipped, leaning town based on Tobbs' info)
IS (unflipped, confirmed healer, null read)

She also agreed that Slaan was scummy at a few points. largely based on my case.

Healers MMT has not suspected or cased:

I don't know how conclusive this information is tbh. I haven't been reading MMT very carefully. She's a good player and I have a very hard time determining her alignment one way or another :/

I know I said I wasn't going to try and defend myself but I just wanted to correct that because I never suspected Slaan. (which is important because I'm being accused of trying to rid the town of healers and that's bullshit - I was defending AA all day yesterday.)

re: my D1 cases - I don't get why people are using "she cased town d1" as a tick against me since (a) I admitted it as soon as I realized and (b) reads are supposed to evolve, not stay static.

For those who want an official record, my current list goes:

I know they're town: Me, KB
I strongly believe they're town: TMM
I think they're town: TQ, YPM, Hal, Slaan, Gamer, Gene, FL, Kash
I think they could potentially be scum: OMG, Chaoslord, Sal, Tobbs*
I strongly believe they're scum: Moat, Hats, IS

*(new as of a few minutes ago but I need to study over his posts because I've thought he was town until this game day)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

People who have been posting very sparsely since D3 who I would like to hear more from:
OMG
GeneX
chaoslord (pops back in just to respond to my case and then vanishes again?)
YPM
FL
Gamer
Sal

and to a lesser extent, Hal. Today has mostly be a party with me Tobbs MMT TMM and KB, and frankly our opinions are largely stale and moving in circles.

I would be happy voting for either chaoslord or Gamer, as it stands now. MMT is tunneling very hard on this Moat/IS/Hats theory, and while I strongly disagree about that being the correct move for today (voting for one of those three), I'm kind of leaning towards MMT being town for it. Like Moat has straight up not been helpful to town so I don't see scum putting in this much effort to try and get him voted out.

I feel like Moat (someone who was afk when they were on the voting block at deadline / someone who hasn't replied to my case on him yet) has to be on that list, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Can someone who isn't me read over Tobbs and tell me if it feels like he's willfully misinterpreting me in order to discredit what I'm saying?

That's what it feels like is happening to me but I admit I might obviously be biased.

• Locked thread