Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

HorseRenoir posted:

It's kind of insane to me that American Dad is on its 14th season without any serious drop in quality. The last show I can remember that was this consistent was King of the Hill.

I'm surprised they've managed to keep their numbers stable considering TBS has been routinely loving with their schedule for the past year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

And by "expected" I should have said "hoping".

Edit: Fuller's got another show in the works because of course he does

https://www.cbr.com/bryan-fuller-vampire-chronicles-tv/

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 11, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

When you stop to think about it 2018 is going to be off the chain for television. We've got this, we've got that JK Simmons genre show, Westworld S2, American Crime Story S2, Jessica Jones S2, True Detective S3, Handmaids Tale S2 and Legion S2 and they all have the potential to be mind blowing.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Also Patriot season 2 is suppose to be out in 2018.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nate fisher posted:

I thought Patriot was canceled.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Rocksicles posted:

Nope, in fact there was just a new casting announcement last week.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rocksicles posted:

Nah, that's shortly after season 2 airs.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Mute, Netflix's other big neo-noir, cyberpunk, Blade Runner-inspired release of (as Duncan Jones just said on Twitter today) February 2018.

you lying motherfucker I got so excited then

The creator and showrunner of that Altered Carbon show has a pretty lovely resume but I’ll check it out sure why not

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

http://www.slashfilm.com/mute-release-date/

:confused:

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Rocksicles posted:

Hell to the no.

Also Debra Winger is joining the show for season 2-

http://deadline.com/2018/01/debra-winger-joins-patriot-season-2-amazon-prime-1202235260/

DivisionPost posted:

I'm hoping that it grows into a cult following so this doesn't come true.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Escobarbarian posted:

The creator and showrunner of that Altered Carbon show has a pretty lovely resume but I’ll check it out sure why not

Laeta Kalogridis? From what I've heard she's actually a pretty awesome writer who kept getting rewritten into oblivion.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
(re Mute I can’t be bothered to go back and edit the quote in) Ah ok, it was just earlier than today. I got bored going back because he retweets a lot of stuff. Apologies. Also gently caress YEAH

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

When you stop to think about it 2018 is going to be off the chain for television. We've got this, we've got that JK Simmons genre show, Westworld S2, American Crime Story S2, Jessica Jones S2, True Detective S3, Handmaids Tale S2 and Legion S2 and they all have the potential to be mind blowing.

But you know what ISN'T coming out in 2018?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

IRQ posted:

Oh please, that's the most faithful aspect of the source material

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Replace Jessica Jones with Atlanta and I’m all about Rarity’s post there

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IRQ posted:

My Little Pony? :ohdear:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

DivisionPost posted:

Why must you be so cruel? Let me live in my cloud of denial.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DivisionPost posted:

Oh please, that's the most faithful aspect of the source material

I know, I love it.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Thanks for talking about Great News, that show owns.

“I get why you think this is newsworthy, since your last job was at E! hosting Fashion 911.” “Um, it was Fashion 9/11, and it was immediately cancelled.”

That's such a 30 Rock line.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

uh huh, that's my poo poo

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alone Together
with Esther Povitsky and Chris D'Elia, is loving awful millennial awfulness.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

nate fisher posted:

since it's not being run by bryan fuller or dan harmon i bet that S2 ends in a way that could be a series finale. that show is too good, too perfect, for this world.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Popelmon posted:

Thanks for talking about Great News, that show owns.

“I get why you think this is newsworthy, since your last job was at E! hosting Fashion 911.” “Um, it was Fashion 9/11, and it was immediately cancelled.”

That's such a 30 Rock line.

Ok I was watching 30 Rock and this made me immediately turn it off to watch Great News instead. I’m still laughing at that lime.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^^^^ dude same i'd forgotten about that line but it's amazing

Rocksicles posted:

Alone Together

I can't exactly dispute this but also I really liked the first episode like a whole lot

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Is Impractical Jokers coming back?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I feel like Portia has been getting a ton of really great lines recently. It's like another Jenna Maroney, except if Jenna was as successful as she thought she was.

"Katie, you owe it to yourself and women everywhere to make him pay for what he did. But just remember, if you kill him, he can't live on to tell your story"

Superrodan fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 12, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

^^^^^^ dude same i'd forgotten about that line but it's amazing

I can't exactly dispute this but also I really liked the first episode like a whole lot

I like Chris D'Elia a bunch, and him and his horse dick probably love being on the show. But it's so vapid.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's insane to me that this was resolved with a public apology that was then accepted. That hasn't happened once with any of the other poo poo coming out about men in politics and entertainment. It's remarkable.

Were any of the accused this honest about what they did? Louis CK was the most apologetic until now, I think, and even his response was too vague and hand-wavey and then he hid.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 12, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Louis CK's apology seemed pretty genuine, by his standards.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
CK’s apology was...I mean Lycus is right that it’s probably the best of anyone’s before Harmon, especially because he flat-out admitted it rather than try and skirt around it, but there was too much self-aggrandising with regards to how these women thought of him etc.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rocksicles posted:

Alone Together

it's satire, dummy

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

OK 1.5 eps into Great News, and every Sorkin show is a thousand times better and truer to reality as a comedy. 30 Rock > Studio 60, Veep > West Wing, and Great News > Newsroom

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Superrodan posted:

I feel like Portia has been getting a ton of really great lines recently. It's like another Jenna Maroney, except if Jenna was as successful as she thought she was.

"Katie, you owe it to yourself and women everywhere to make him pay for what he did. But just remember, if you kill him, he can't live on to tell your story"

Sounds like her character from Better Off Ted.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

less laughter posted:

it's satire, dummy

I know exactly what it is. It's not for me, at all. I prefer something a bit more subtle.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

CK’s apology was...I mean Lycus is right that it’s probably the best of anyone’s before Harmon, especially because he flat-out admitted it rather than try and skirt around it, but there was too much self-aggrandising with regards to how these women thought of him etc.

Eh he and his manager has been trying to suppress the stories for years, it took journalists publishing the dets and people coming forward publicly for him to sort of cop to it. He's gross.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's on Freeform, it's meant for 13 year olds.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

Sounds like her character from Better Off Ted.

In this case Portia is the character’s name, she’s played by Nicole Ritchie who is surprisingly good.

Also yeah wasn’t trying to defend CK at all

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
never even heard of Great News but it's on Hulu so i'll give it a shot

okay the first 3 minutes alone have already sold me, and i will definitely take Fred Willard as a replacement for Alec Baldwin

wait that's not fred willard haha

precision fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 12, 2018

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You bastard, how dare you besmirch John Michael Higgins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Looten Plunder posted: