Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rashida Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

And she'll play God in the show, too.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
God will appear differently to everyone. For example, God will be Blake Bortles to Jason.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

I think I want Andy Daly as God tbh. Or Satan.

Forrest MacNeil seems like exactly the type of person who would design an extremely finicky points system for your earthly actions that determines whether or not you get to enjoy the afterlife or get tortured forever.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

Gilbert Gottfried as god

It would be amazing if they got him to use his speaking voice for it too, instead of his stage voice.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gobbeldygook posted:

God will appear differently to everyone. For example, God will be Blake Bortles to Jason.

I like this because it'll finally give us that Stone Cold Steve Austin cameo

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
As long as they get Ray Wise to reprise the devil

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

God will be Adam Scott, no changes to his character.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Haha what if there’s a Good Michael?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Haha what if there’s a Good Michael?

Medium Michael or bust

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

I think I want Andy Daly as God tbh. Or Satan.

Either way, his character's committing suicide regardless.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The whole "PR" thing is probably just how they're viewed by their counterparts in the Good Place. They don't want to lose face in front of those goody two shoes.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Knowing Mike Schur as little as I do, I feel safe in assuming that if they do cast someone to play god, it will be a woman of color.

Or David Ortiz.

Gina Linetti posted:

I was legally dead for two full minutes. And I met God.

Rosa Diaz posted:

Tight. What did she look like?
Ethnically ambiguous.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
They've already made two Stone Cold jokes, go all in and make The Rock God.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I love this episode concept... :allears:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

whaaaat

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

They've already made two Stone Cold jokes, go all in and make The Rock God.

he's The People's Deity!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

We're going to the real Bad Place!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat I can't WAIT to see this.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, what is this show anymore

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They actually destroyed the neighborhood. All those sets... GONE

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Regy Rusty posted:

They actually destroyed the neighborhood. All those sets... GONE

I've seen things you wouldn't believe. Hot dogs on a stick, served on a stick, outside the fountain, the glass fountain. Giraffes cavorting through endless frozen yogurt shops. All those puns lost, like tears in rain.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Tahani looks off pretending to talk to a waiter or whatever when she says "I would like to speak with your manager", and you can see Jason get a confused look on his face and turn his head to see who she's talking to. It was really quick but it made a great character moment.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
... all the restaurants were kabob places...

precision posted:

I've seen things you wouldn't believe. Hot dogs on a stick, served on a stick, outside the fountain, the glass fountain. Giraffes cavorting through endless frozen yogurt shops. All those puns lost, like tears in rain.

You'd think all of those fake restaurant names, or at least one of them, would have failed to make me laugh--but no pun in ten did.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Ultimate Shotgun... on top of the balloon. Oh Jason :downs:

Maybe I'm just old and used to rubbish CGI but the special effects are always much better than I expect them to be.

Eta: and Jason was totally right about the colour pattern!

uvar fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 12, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kissing is gross. You just mash your ratholes foodholes together.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I always feel like the show's about to run out of steam but it never does

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
That was great; very light on actual comedy but it was a lot of character moments and arc culminations that felt very earned. Excited for Bad Place Heist. For a moment I thought the direction they were going for was that the cast would be caught and subjected to the Worst Nightmare scenario in the Bad Place only to discover that they'd already conquered those fears.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I always feel like the show's about to run out of steam but it never does

I'm more concerned it's going to run out of track than steam. There is a great writing team working for some great performers here; steam won't be in short supply until Season 5 or so. That's why my concern is with the length of the train tracks: we just saw the experimental neighborhood dismantled, and they're headed to The Bad Place to walk around, in the open, so they can try to find a portal and get a case heard in front of... uh, whoever is in charge. I'm not sure that going back to the neighborhood is an issue, and going to The Good Place would probably end the series.

Were this a miniseries, I'd have nothing to worry about. But I want this to go on longer, because man, this show is great. Better than we deserve, really. I would hate to see it steam right off the tracks because they've run out of new (or at least interesting) things to do.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

tarlibone posted:

I'm more concerned it's going to run out of track than steam. There is a great writing team working for some great performers here; steam won't be in short supply until Season 5 or so. That's why my concern is with the length of the train tracks: we just saw the experimental neighborhood dismantled, and they're headed to The Bad Place to walk around, in the open, so they can try to find a portal and get a case heard in front of... uh, whoever is in charge. I'm not sure that going back to the neighborhood is an issue, and going to The Good Place would probably end the series.

Were this a miniseries, I'd have nothing to worry about. But I want this to go on longer, because man, this show is great. Better than we deserve, really. I would hate to see it steam right off the tracks because they've run out of new (or at least interesting) things to do.

Yeah that's what I meant.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

drunken officeparty posted:

Tahani looks off pretending to talk to a waiter or whatever when she says "I would like to speak with your manager", and you can see Jason get a confused look on his face and turn his head to see who she's talking to. It was really quick but it made a great character moment.

On a similar note, my favorite moment was the unacknowledged high five between Jason and Eleanor after he mentioned 69 and 420 as possible best versions of Chidi

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

xbilkis posted:

On a similar note, my favorite moment was the unacknowledged high five between Jason and Eleanor after he mentioned 69 and 420 as possible best versions of Chidi

Definitely the high point.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
i hope they free vicki from the cocoon to build up their heist team. also i dunno about track but i could see them working to reach the portal until the finale when there is a twist about the portal. Next season resolves that and they make it and the finale reveals the judge or whomever. the judge orders them to do something like convert demons or whatever and that gives them a season to play off characters like shaun and vicki somemore. they have burned through poo poo pretty fast though so who knows where the show is going.

The writing team is among my favorite tweeters who all seem wise im sure they will nail it.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I want The Good Place to go on forever, but also in a way I hope that they are planning to wrap it up in the next couple of years.

Brooklyn 99 & Parks And Rec could go on semi-indefinitely because despite character developments the overall structure of the shows was/is fairly set in stone.

The Good Place has a real sense of everything can change and I worry that if it goes on too long it will either lose that, or the changes will lose any impact and the show will just start meandering.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Senor Tron posted:

I want The Good Place to go on forever, but also in a way I hope that they are planning to wrap it up in the next couple of years.

Brooklyn 99 & Parks And Rec could go on semi-indefinitely because despite character developments the overall structure of the shows was/is fairly set in stone.

The Good Place has a real sense of everything can change and I worry that if it goes on too long it will either lose that, or the changes will lose any impact and the show will just start meandering.

I'd be happy with one more season. It's a nice compromise between going on a long time and ending on a high note without meandering.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
And then the writers can think up a whole new ridiculous show for us to love!

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I love this show but it would be infinitely better on a streaming service where they could play with runtimes and they wouldn’t have so many cliffhangers. Parks and B99 are fine on weekly television but if Mike Schur’s next project is anything like this, I hope he considers Netflix/Amazon/Hulu instead because I think he could do a lot there.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Schur has a deal with NBC which means they have first crack at anything he makes. He's currently developing a sitcom with Shea Serrano, based on Shea's life, so there's that to look forward too.

I like how this gif sums up the Good Place writers' approach to the status quo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

howe_sam posted:

Schur has a deal with NBC which means they have first crack at anything he makes. He's currently developing a sitcom with Shea Serrano, based on Shea's life, so there's that to look forward too.

I like how this gif sums up the Good Place writers' approach to the status quo

[indistinct yells] my rear end, he's clearly yelling BORTLES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I hope Season 3 is about the 5 of them being given one last chance to live on Earth (or a simulacrum of "Earth" created by the Bad Place Judge) as roommates, and they have to teach Michael how to be Human.

• Locked thread