Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

smoobles posted:

CostCo gonna start selling Sams Clubs

Buyers gotta appreciate Costco return policies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

smoobles posted:

CostCo gonna start selling Sams Clubs

When the proletariat rises up

Their weapons of choice

Shall be known as Sam's Clubs

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

How does the cash back for the Costco credit card work? Will I get a check in the mail or something? My reward balance went down but I didn't get an email or anything

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Slack Lagoon posted:

How does the cash back for the Costco credit card work? Will I get a check in the mail or something? My reward balance went down but I didn't get an email or anything

You'll get a paper statement in February that has a check attached. Take it to Costco to cash it in.

You'll get an email about this once the statements go out too.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I just went to the Costco tonight: WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED TO THE CARTS? They ate the red Mario mushroom or something-- the top of the cart (where you push) is almost to my shoulders now. I mean, that store is large anyways, but walking around with the cart, my 5'1" self felt like a child.

That being said, they had fire extinguishers on sale and I got one. I realized it had been a while since I had checked the ones at home and was betting that they were probably expired/dead. PBUC for saving my future self from a burning house.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

DLAO posted:

I just went to the Costco tonight: WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED TO THE CARTS? They ate the red Mario mushroom or something-- the top of the cart (where you push) is almost to my shoulders now. I mean, that store is large anyways, but walking around with the cart, my 5'1" self felt like a child.

That being said, they had fire extinguishers on sale and I got one. I realized it had been a while since I had checked the ones at home and was betting that they were probably expired/dead. PBUC for saving my future self from a burning house.

may I midget-shame you?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

binge crotching posted:

I have a friend who works in the Costco international department, and he said that 5 out of 6 adults in Iceland have a membership.

~10% of the population bought memberships before it even opened.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
i'm still mad about the bitch at the front gate at costco who said i couldn't get a hotdog without an american membership

turns out i CAN use my membership card from japan at any costco in the world

i must get revenge on this wench who obviously doesn't follow jim sinegal's good example, maybe she was some wench who doesn't even work there??

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Teikanmi posted:

i'm still mad about the bitch at the front gate at costco who said i couldn't get a hotdog without an american membership

turns out i CAN use my membership card from japan at any costco in the world

i must get revenge on this wench who obviously doesn't follow jim sinegal's good example, maybe she was some wench who doesn't even work there??

That is some horseshit brother. I used my American Costco card at the one in Chiba at least twice when I lived in Akita with no problems. It did take them longer to figure out how to process three transaction IIRC, but I was able to get several items I had been missing as well as a thanksgiving turkey that I had to take to a restaurant to cook. PBUC.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Wait you just took a turkey to a restaurant and they cooked it? Is Japan what Ive been missing my whole life?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

binge crotching posted:

I have a friend who works in the Costco international department, and he said that 5 out of 6 adults in Iceland have a membership.
Isn't that because Iceland has generally limited and overpriced imports with easy monopolies on a lot of it? It's COL is supposed to be insane so if Costco is there to actually allow you to eat without using up all your money, seems like a p good deal.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Chinatown posted:

can confirm that CO Costcos have burgs at the foodcourt. I didn't try it though regrettably as I was in a hurry.

LIES! Which churches are you going to? I've been to the Littleton (omg they have booze) and Englewood ones recently.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

MORE IMPORTANTLY I GOT THE DANG DOG AND REFILLED AT BOTH

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

arisu posted:

Buyers gotta appreciate Costco return policies

I'm still pissed that they allowed that woman to return her Christmas tree

http://abc7.com/society/woman-returns-dead-christmas-tree-to-costco-in-january/2929173/

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

The Hambulance posted:

I'm still pissed that they allowed that woman to return her Christmas tree

http://abc7.com/society/woman-returns-dead-christmas-tree-to-costco-in-january/2929173/

Costco is too good for this world... p...BUC!!!!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

smoobles posted:

Wait you just took a turkey to a restaurant and they cooked it? Is Japan what Ive been missing my whole life?

How long were you at that restaurant? Turkey's gotta cook a long time.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BaconCopter posted:

LIES! Which churches are you going to? I've been to the Littleton (omg they have booze) and Englewood ones recently.

The one in Superior.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Chinatown posted:

The one in Superior.

Was it a good burger? I bet it's a good burger.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

smoobles posted:

I knew the (Japanese) owners of an Italian restaurant there. I brined the bird and put it in an oven bag and stuck it in their gas oven. I came back 3 hours later to pull it out.

Otherwise having a thanksgiving turkey would have involved finding the smallest size bird I could and then using the convection setting on a microwave oven. I had tried that the year before and it had not worked out so well. Also turkey in Japan is expensive and hard to find.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I went to church at lunch. Had chicken bake and got gas in my car.

Also just came across this...

https://imgur.com/gallery/qTOFY

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Last night I ran into my best friend from High School at Costco. We haven't seen each other in 15 years.

PBUC

legion989
Jan 18, 2013
My girl is loving that our local Costco is now carrying organic meats.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Croatoan posted:

i ran in for some gloves while i was in town so i didnt get to try.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Thinking of buying some CostCo cap steaks for dinner, pros/cons??

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

smoobles posted:

Thinking of buying some CostCo cap steaks for dinner, pros/cons??

Pros: fuckin delicious

Cons: blade tenderized, so you should cook it higher temp than normal steaks so if you like rarer steaks it kind of sucks (I did not do this because the first time I bought them I did not read the blade tenderized part, I managed to live though)

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Croatoan posted:

I've posted about the burger here when they were testing is if it's the same one.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797869&userid=97204&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post474105511

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
One of my co-workers swung by the Renton Sams Club that is closing. He said everything is 25% off and it looks like the place is getting looted.
Line out the door to get in and full carts coming out. His comment "This is the first time I have ever seen a Sams Club busier than a Costco"

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guys my Costco doesn't have burgers :(

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Blessed are we, fortunate enough to partake in communion of Costco's consecrated elements, particularly the Knob Creek rye whiskey, available for $23.99 plus applicable taxes. PBUC.

Oh Adaira
May 7, 2008

Casual Tabby

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I demand a full tribunal for this worm

I submit.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Can I buy Costco Churros in Bulk?

If no, how bad would it be if I got someone with no shame to order 50 Churros from the food court?

I want them for a party.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Renegret posted:

Can I buy Costco Churros in Bulk?

If no, how bad would it be if I got someone with no shame to order 50 Churros from the food court?

I want them for a party.

Call ahead, give them at least an hour lead time and it shouldn't be a problem. I ordered 50 hot dogs for a work party once, they gave me a big box of piping hot individually wrapped hot dogs and a stack of drink cups.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Bucnasti posted:

Call ahead, give them at least an hour lead time and it shouldn't be a problem. I ordered 50 hot dogs for a work party once, they gave me a big box of piping hot individually wrapped hot dogs and a stack of drink cups.

I just had a "they come in pints??" moment

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Broke my own rule of "Don't go to the 'Co on weekends or holidays" and went today, but it wasn't too bad. Got me a mattress pad on sale, can't wait to spend even more time laying in bed like the worthless slothenly goonlord I am.

Also partook in the sacrament for the first time in a while. PBUC.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Bucnasti posted:

woah, I hadn't even considered that as a serious option.

I gotta swing by the Costco photo center tomorrow to pick up the invites (because of course we're getting the invites from Costco) I'll ask them while I'm there.

We're catering tacos for the party. The place we're getting the tacos from can cater churros too, but let's be real for a second, Costco churros are the best.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Bucnasti posted:

Did you stop and fill all 50 cups with a drink before leaving the store?

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Trastion posted:

Did you stop and fill all 50 cups with a drink before leaving the store?

And did you drive back to get your 50 refills?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Bucnasti posted:

Wow this guy knows how to party

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
How are the Kirkland paper towels. And Kirkland facial tissue. Are these bad enough paper products to grace my home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Hed posted:

How are the Kirkland paper towels. And Kirkland facial tissue. Are these bad enough paper products to grace my home?

Not sure on the tissues but much earlier ITT someone observed that the Kirkland paper towels and toilet paper are made under contract by the same companies that make the national brands. You're getting the same product at a lower price with a different label.