Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I've been looking for some decent hats to fit my awful goon head. Are there any fashionable hats that don't have a terrible men's rights/autistic stigma attached to them?

Maybe one of these bad boys to give off that Mary Poppins vibe women love.
https://www.fashionablehats.com/H5010.html?v=2730

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:tipshat:

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Women and men alike respect highly customized steampunk top hats. I suggest only buying 7 to start off with don't get ahead of yourself

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
https://www.villagehatshop.com/product/straw-hats/451139-3256/striped-band-wheat-straw-skimmer-hat.html

straw hats are coming back in a big way

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
For casual wear, any reasonably inconspicuous baseball cap will do nicely. Snapbacks are an abomination, invented for assholes.

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

Just get a baseball cap my man

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Genderfluent posted:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
mesh snapback and straw hat hth

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Sounds like you are going bald op. Buy some coke and some whiskey and bury the gas pedal in the floor. Death is probable, the future is nigh.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Genderfluent posted:

Yeah this. If you're not really that into baseball, get a minor league team cap. There are tons of minor league teams with cool logos.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
A nice ushanka?

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah this. If you're not really that into baseball, get a minor league team cap. There are tons of minor league teams with cool logos.

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/12/08/158856298/12-of-the-best-minor-league-caps

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Get a flat billed, flexfit, MLB baseball cap. Do NOT take the stickers off. This is very important. Put it on oriented so the x axis runs from the back of your head to your face. Before engaging with any women, rotate it exactly 1 radian.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
where can I get like a baseball hat but with no strap? what are they called? I used to wear them skateboarding a thousand years ago...

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
do an upside down visor. you can totally pull it off, brah.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
OK the Vermont Lake Monsters hat is pretty cool.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I like a nice jimmy hat

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Bonnet

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Is hair a hat?

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.

Shadow0 posted:

Is hair a hat?

it can be

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Flat cap is the only answer. Farming all day everyday

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Jester hats

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the reason there's a stigma attached to the fedora is tacky boys started wearing them with jorts and graphic tees under the amazingly wrong assumption that the hat would just automatically transfer its refined sinatra-esque associations to their doughy rear end. it's just an accessory and accessories have to compliment the look and style of the person and outfit they're accessory to

there's no hat waiting in the ether that would just magically fulfill the sartorial needs of any person with any outfit. the general rule for brimmed hats for men is the brim should be in proportion to your shoulders- but you probably shouldn't be wearing a brimmed hat unless you're wearing an outfit that goes with a brimmed hat. justin timberlake doesn't get away with wearing a fedora because he's famous, he gets away with it because he's a skinny dude that dresses like justin timberlake, like a million other skinny dudes

if you're worried about your look, really you just need to think about it. what do you want your appearance to communicate to the people who see you? what looks do you admire in others of your build and disposition, and why do they work? how much effort are you willing to put in on a daily basis? how much money are you willing to spend? if you're not thinking about your outfit in general, I wouldn't recommend a "fashionable" hat to top it off, because it's going to be incongruous. generally you want something that matches the rest of your look, something that fits (important), and in a color that doesn't clash with your shirt, pants and shoes

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Now all my google targeted ads are porkpie hats lol.

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
there is no headwear for men that doesn't have some sort of negative connotation associated with it, except maybe wearing a toque in the winter. some humanitarian should invent a completely neutral hat so baldies can cover their disgusting heads without having to choose what flavour of douche they want to look like

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
No. That's why Men Without Hats is the best band.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

TheMostFrench posted:

I've been looking for some decent hats to fit my awful goon head. Are there any fashionable hats that don't have a terrible men's rights/autistic stigma attached to them?

Maybe one of these bad boys to give off that Mary Poppins vibe women love.
https://www.fashionablehats.com/H5010.html?v=2730

I feel hostile just looking at this image.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This is some Sargon of Akkad (?) poo poo

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
those spiky German ones

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Cam Newton has the best postgame interview hat game