Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I mean if the shows I want to watch aren't available on a streaming service I'm not going to watch them.

Yeah and my point is that this sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

At first I read this as Snow Crash, and I got excited. Still I think Jennifer Connelly is great. Also am I the only one that sometimes flashes back to that horrific scene in Requiem for a Dream when you hear her name?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nate fisher posted:

At first I read this as Snow Crash, and I got excited. Still I think Jennifer Connelly is great. Also am I the only one that sometimes flashes back to that horrific scene in Requiem for a Dream when you hear her name?

You loving bastard, i'd gone 699 days without thinking of that movie.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Daveed Diggs is going to be the other lead in Snowpiercer, and he's one of the most charismatic presences I've ever seen. I think he's headed for superstardom. He already won a Tony for his dual roles as the Marquis de Lafayette and Thomas Jefferson in the original cast of Hamilton, and I saw him perform live last year with his alternative-noise-rap group clipping. He's another guy like Donald Glover who does EVERYTHING.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

nate fisher posted:

At first I read this as Snow Crash, and I got excited.

Snow Crash is being developed into a tv show by Joe Cornish from the Adam and Joe show, also cool movie Attack the Block. I think it's going to be on Amazon last time I checked.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Daveed Diggs is going to be the other lead in Snowpiercer, and he's one of the most charismatic presences I've ever seen. I think he's headed for superstardom. He already won a Tony for his dual roles as the Marquis de Lafayette and Thomas Jefferson in the original cast of Hamilton, and I saw him perform live last year with his alternative-noise-rap group clipping. He's another guy like Donald Glover who does EVERYTHING.

Daveed Diggs is fantastic which makes his completely miscast role in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt stand out all the more.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Rocksicles posted:

You loving bastard, i'd gone 699 days without thinking of that movie.

I've always called it the Ned Beatty effect. You see an actor in a situation so awful or absurd that you can no longer disassociate them from the scene. I have the same problem with Robert Downey Jr thanks to Less Than Zero.

Electronico6 posted:

Snow Crash is being developed into a tv show by Joe Cornish from the Adam and Joe show, also cool movie Attack the Block. I think it's going to be on Amazon last time I checked.

Ok that is good news. That along with the rumors of HBO doing the First Law trilogy makes me happy.

Edit: OK I just had my mind blown. I was reading about Ned Beatty, and I stumbled upon Ronny Cox.

I never knew this guy...

...was this guy

until now.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jan 12, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nate fisher posted:

I've always called it the Ned Beatty effect. You see an actor in a situation so awful or absurd that you can no longer disassociate them from the scene. I have the same problem with Robert Downey Jr thanks to Less Than Zero.

Ok that is good news. That along with the rumors of HBO doing the First Law trilogy makes me happy.

I'm good with the actors, i can separate them from previous work. It's the movie itself. I strike it from record like a bad prawn.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

So now that I'm done with The Good Wife, I need a new procedural or legal drama to keep my nervous system intact. I tried watchimg Midsomer Murders, but so far the pilot is sapping my will to live. And it's 100 minutes long.

Any recommendations?

Go back to Midsomer Murders and jump straight into season 9 or whatever.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Lethal Weapon is horrible and I can't stop thinking how much I'd rather see Danny Glover on screen.

Sorry. :(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
First episode of Letterman’s Netflix show, with Obama, is out and it’s fascinating.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

First episode of Letterman’s Netflix show, with Obama, is out and it’s fascinating.

I thought Letterman went to the old guy farm with his beard and pigeons.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah and my point is that this sucks.

What sucks is that regular tv still exists at all.

MiddleOne posted:

Go back to Midsomer Murders and jump straight into season 9 or whatever.

I'm giving The Blacklist a shot instead. It's a little more action-y and conspiracy-y than I like, but it's at least a good procedural premise and has one and done episodes.

Hey don't apologize for recommending tv shows.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 12, 2018

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rocksicles posted:

I thought Letterman went to the old guy farm with his beard and pigeons.

They all get bored and do premium shows of some kind. Jon Stewart is leaving his dog farm or whatever to do an HBO show too. Leno probably did something idk, he sucks.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

So now that I'm done with The Good Wife, I need a new procedural or legal drama to keep my nervous system intact. I tried watchimg Midsomer Murders, but so far the pilot is sapping my will to live. And it's 100 minutes long.

Any recommendations?

Southland.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

nate fisher posted:

I never knew this guy...

...was this guy

until now.

My mind was blown when I found out Vasquez in Aliens was John Connor’s foster mom in Terminator 2. I’m so terrible at recognizing people if they change anything about their appearances.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

gently caress yes, this show was incredible. Can’t believe it’s already been off the air for five years.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lurdiak posted:

Any recommendations?

I don't know what's available in Canuckistan, but off the top of my head: Gotham, Broadchurch, Luther, Rake, White Collar, Longmire, The Fall, Rectify, Southland.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm 7 episodes into Van Helsing and you guys were right, this is pretty good. And it gets better?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It gets very very brutal in the 2nd season. Death is everywhere and it comes for anyone and anything.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Casting Christopher Heyerdahl as a mute though smh

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bull3964 posted:

It gets very very brutal in the 2nd season. Death is everywhere and it comes for anyone and anything.

I'm ready.

zoux posted:

Dude's got such expressive eyes, I'm okay with it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

nate fisher posted:

quote:

Do you see a salary ceiling for these movie stars flocking to TV?

The world is upside down in terms of features and TV. The budget parameter will probably expand and then contract to a reasonable place. We have not yet made our big-swing, big-budget sci-fi show, but we're working on Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash for Amazon. Joe Cornish (Ant-Man) is directing, and it'll be twice as big as anything we've created.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/paramount-tv-head-alienist-george-clooneys-catch-22-future-13-reasons-why-1073192

already posted this in CinEd, interview with paramounts head.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

nate fisher posted:

Edit: OK I just had my mind blown. I was reading about Ned Beatty, and I stumbled upon Ronny Cox.

I never knew this guy...

...was this guy

until now.

And on this show too..

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xdmqqk/remembering-cop-rock-the-police-show-musical-too-weird-to-live-too-rare-to-die

edit: Had to add this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZXtY-W6FnY

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

He talks a lot more in S2.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I wonder if the Snowpiercer show is going to have any actual Korean people in it, a lot of the charm of the movie came from it being such a weird international collaboration ("HAPPY NEW YEAR!").

Also I wonder if it's going to be a traincar-of-the-week thing or what.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Guy Mann posted:

I wonder if the Snowpiercer show is going to have any actual Korean people in it, a lot of the charm of the movie came from it being such a weird international collaboration ("HAPPY NEW YEAR!").

Also I wonder if it's going to be a traincar-of-the-week thing or what.

I guess it must be right? I've been trying to figure out how you make a show out of that weird rear end movie and the best I can come up with is to do something like Z Nation and have each car be bigger on the inside.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think the show will be based on the original french snowpiercer comic instead which has differences.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

I'm good with the actors, i can separate them from previous work. It's the movie itself. I strike it from record like a bad prawn.

Yeah, it's in my top 5 films.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/moryan/status/951905135910793216

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Not sure that's appropriate in the current environment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpLqZBMuPtg

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

muscles like this! posted:

He talks a lot more in S2.

And sings...

HAUNTINGLY

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
one hopes and presumes the Snow Crash series will age up YT to, well, anything north of 17. she's 15 in the book :yikes:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

precision posted:

one hopes and presumes the Snow Crash series will age up YT to, well, anything north of 17. she's 15 in the book :yikes:

Yeah, she is totally going to be a high school senior. Either that or keep her the same age but remove the part where Raven fucks her in a maybe brainwashed state.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hulu has won the fight for Clooney's Catch 22 miniseries.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

If it’s NYC based, we can hope they get the stunt coordinator from JW1.

and that I can work on it

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

theflyingexecutive posted:

If it’s NYC based, we can hope they get the stunt coordinator from JW1.

and that I can work on it

Nah, this is going to be about the LA branch of The Continental, which I say, bring it on. LA's got a rich action movie history.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

whooooo boy

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Can any Black Sails superfans point to any at sea ship battles that might be suitable to show my kid? Something that focuses more on chases and cannon fire than hack n slash boarding scenes.

Don't need a YT link or anything, a S0xE0x is fine, I have the whole series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dunno, they Pirates. Boarding is the goal.

Buy Naval Action, it's totally fun. Water down some Rum and get crazy

http://www.navalaction.com

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 13, 2018