Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i miss richard jefferson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Why isn't he going against a 5'7'' fat old white dude

I dunno man, I think a folding chair would have his number.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Brolander posted:

i miss richard jefferson

hes better than jae crowder

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao those Fultz videos.

Dear god.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Carlosologist posted:

Is there gonna be some cavalcade of trades to be made soon? Or are teams sufficiently shook enough by both the Process crackdown and Golden State dominance that standing pat seems like a better idea

Usually by this point in the year people have already made crazy rumors and such

Sometimes I think the quieter the lead-up the crazier the deadline. Right now we have a few good rumors (DJ to the Cavs, Mirotic to the Jazz, Noel firesale 3.0), but I guess I'd be surprised if there's anything major. It was a pretty crazy offseason.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Lmao those Fultz videos.

Dear god.

It's a work, they're sandbagging

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I feel like Gasol is 100% getting dealt this deadline

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I feel like Gasol is 100% getting dealt this deadline

San Antonio is usually not a trade deadline participant on significant guys, and while he's going to be a giant liability in the playoffs, San Antonio is getting good production out of him right now that they'll need if they want an easier path in the playoffs.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Lockback posted:

San Antonio is usually not a trade deadline participant on significant guys, and while he's going to be a giant liability in the playoffs, San Antonio is getting good production out of him right now that they'll need if they want an easier path in the playoffs.

Marc Gasol

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Boredumb posted:

Marc Gasol

Oh poo poo, duh. Yeah, I think that's much more likely.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/brohrbach/status/951834777358950401

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lockback posted:

Edit: beaten.

Where do you guys think Marc ends up? Philly, maybe? Boston? Toronto?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Edit: beaten.

Where do you guys think Marc ends up? Philly, maybe? Boston? Toronto?

Philly has enough bigs, IMO.

(caveat that Joel has to stay healthy)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Marc probably ends up on Toronto, this is probably their best year to make a Finals push since the Cavs have been wobbly

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

Marc probably ends up on Toronto, this is probably their best year to make a Finals push since the Cavs have been wobbly

We have a fair bit of trade exception, too. We could send JV, Van Vleet, Bruno and a future 2nd or something.

I suggested Philly do it exactly so they can be extra careful with Embiid while not sacrificing wins. They could send Booker, Bayless and a 1st.

You guys think Conley's gone as well?

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 12, 2018

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I don't see Memphis embracing the full tank just because they would totally kill fan interest (this was pointed out to me the other day when Memphis previously came up). Conley's salary isn't exactly prohibitive to their cap and it won't really matter that much if they trade Tyreke and Marc. The Parsons deal is the real albatross though

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Name a team that will take Conley's contract that doesn't involve the Grizzlies giving up a pick to offload it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

bless kyries heart

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
really makes you think...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tae posted:

Name a team that will take Conley's contract that doesn't involve the Grizzlies giving up a pick to offload it

Spurs and Knicks. Both have the contracts to make it work, both need a long term PG

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yes I would like one Mike Conley please.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tae posted:

This post is about one of the best players in the league by the way.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Kyrie did an interview on Redick's podcast and confirmed that

1) he's getting his education from instagram
2) he's not convinced dinosaurs existed

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Rick posted:

This post is about one of the best players in the league by the way.

It made so little sense that I mentally corrected it to Parsons and didn't notice it said Conley until other people pointed it out. I think he meant Parsons

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Kyrie did an interview on Redick's podcast and confirmed that

1) he's getting his education from instagram
2) he's not convinced dinosaurs existed

Both seem reasonable to me. Believing that dinos exist only leaves you like Nedry

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

EvanTH posted:

It made so little sense that I mentally corrected it to Parsons and didn't notice it said Conley until other people pointed it out. I think he meant Parsons

No, he meant Conley. Conley's contract will make it hard just because you are limited by the number of pre-cap-explosion contracts that would help to match, and even though Conley is a great player I think only teams going for contention would be interested in him at 30. I think it's a small list of teams, is all.

I don't think Memphis would need to throw a pick in, that's just dumb. People don't realize these are the values of max (and mini-max) contracts, they are the exact same in context of the salary cap as they've been for years. Like, the raw number is large but every max is going to be that large.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Conley needs to come home. I don't even care if it destroys the Pacers cap.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I love Conley. I think he was an all-star player that was unfortunately in the west.

I ain't trusting the health of a player that hasn't played more than 70 games the past 2 years and only played 12 games this year on a severe achilles injury. Especially on the wrong side of 30. And for 3 more years of max contract.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Every time Kyrie speaks: "Wow, Kyrie is even dumber than I thought"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

big boi posted:

Every time Kyrie speaks: "Wow, Kyrie is even dumber than I thought"

:thunk:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

:staredog:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In some way, aren't we all not Jim Carrey tho

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Goddamn I love Kyrie

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I feel like it's less that he's stupid and more that he might just be batshit crazy

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

You could read the NBA N/V thread, where I said this, or you could wait 11 months for the twitter "screenshot of text" news to break

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Toronto alternate court

I'm so sick and tired of the lack of color in all of Toronto life and I dont even live there anymore. Bring back purple. This is too clean, it's sterile

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
The red was the one thing they had going for their scheme

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I miss purple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

You could read the NBA N/V thread, where I said this, or you could wait 11 months for the twitter "screenshot of text" news to break

it's why I wrote "confirmed" in my recap of the p'cast, which is what I call podcasts to save some time and energy

• Locked thread