Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MisterBibs posted:

This is kinda generic and subjective, I know, but has there been any episodes in the last 20-30 episodes that are particularly funny? Nothing against the hosts, but I've had this huge apathetic span of late where I see there's a new episode, feel nothing for the title, and just mark it read.

Pottersville
The Fan
Murder at 1600
Saw

Those are the ones from the past couple months I think I've laughed at the most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

MisterBibs posted:

This is kinda generic and subjective, I know, but has there been any episodes in the last 20-30 episodes that are particularly funny? Nothing against the hosts, but I've had this huge apathetic span of late where I see there's a new episode, feel nothing for the title, and just mark it read.

Drop Zone. Just for the sky diver news network alone.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The last episode of the Nexus was really good.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Hard To Kill is easily a Top 10 WHM episode.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

tin can made man posted:

What episode has them going on a little tangent about Unsolved Mysteries and how the show started running out of actual murders/missing persons/lost heir material so they started running stories about the Bigfoot and such? Like a dream, I can vividly picture the bit, but all the surrounding details are fuzzy, so if anyone here remembers, then maybe you can help solve a mystery

The Wizard. It's the ep I happened to listen to yesterday!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I thought Boss Baby was fantastic. The bit about the Eraserhead baby had me in tears.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

precision posted:

The Circle is too boring to be the worst anything. It's like a movie length iPod commercial, with smaller iPod commercials nested within it (like the Beck scene, my lord)

I don't know man, there's some fertile ground:
-Bill Paxton (in his final role) making GBS threads his pants
-a kayaking accident somehow serving as Emma Watson's Emmaus Road conversion to thinking the private surveillance state is actually Really Good
-John Boyega playing a character that they seemingly seemingly couldn't decide if they wanted to cut from the movie or not
-Boyhood guy turning in one of the worst performances ever put to film

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

236 pages and the movie that made someone go ''THEY'RE WRONG ABOUT THIS ONE GUYS'' was a Fast & Furious sequel smh

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If they don't do bye bye man I'm going to riot.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Grapplejack posted:

If they don't do bye bye man I'm going to riot.

I have some good news

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

6 more ding dong days.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/951161749344083968

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
sick, bro

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I remember when Wahlberg got pissy with Andy Samberg for doing an impression of him on TRL. Mark Wahlberg being one of the most unnecessarily self-serious actors in Hollywood will never stop delighting me. You were in The Big Hit, my dude.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This is incredible and also :3:.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I watched Balance of Terror off the back of the Nexus episode, and I was really impressed with how they'd make a tense Hunt for Red October/The Enemy Below scenario with what appears to be no budget. Also the first Original Series Star Trek episode I've watched, to my memory!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Fart City posted:

I remember when Wahlberg got pissy with Andy Samberg for doing an impression of him on TRL. Mark Wahlberg being one of the most unnecessarily self-serious actors in Hollywood will never stop delighting me. You were in The Big Hit, my dude.

stay tuned for that one.

I want the WHM boys to taste the golden spray

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

The Deleter posted:

I watched Balance of Terror off the back of the Nexus episode, and I was really impressed with how they'd make a tense Hunt for Red October/The Enemy Below scenario with what appears to be no budget. Also the first Original Series Star Trek episode I've watched, to my memory!

Balance of Terror is one of the most classic Star Trek episodes of all time, so I was really surprised that most of them had never seen it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
last night i had about 8 tall glasses of water and watched the first 30 minutes of The Boss Baby

what the ding dong everloving gently caress did i watch. just... what the gently caress

i keep remembering things that were in it and thinking "that can't possible be right, can it?"

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I was watching my nieces and nephews over the holidays and I ended up watching The Boss Baby 3 times with them

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Yaws posted:

I was watching my nieces and nephews over the holidays and I ended up watching The Boss Baby 3 times with them

Like the old tale about dropping LSD three times, I believe this technically makes you legally insane.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Fart City posted:

Like the old tale about dropping LSD three times, I believe this technically makes you legally insane.

It's crazy how kids can watch the same movie over and over again and in no way get sick of it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fart City posted:

"legally"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Yaws posted:

It's crazy how kids can watch the same movie over and over again and in no way get sick of it.

my little sister growing up, for reasons that are far beyond me, used to want to watch Stripes like every single drat day. she was like 6 years old.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

precision posted:

my little sister growing up, for reasons that are far beyond me, used to want to watch Stripes like every single drat day. she was like 6 years old.

Eh, Stripes is an OK movie. She could've done worse.

Odd for a 6 year old though

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah I love Stripes but have absolutely no clue what she saw in it

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

My niece used to sit through either The Wizard of Oz or The Incredibles over and over. Sometimes three times consecutively.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

My niece used to sit through either The Wizard of Oz or The Incredibles over and over. Sometimes three times consecutively.

The Wizard of Oz owns. I watched it recently as a bitter broken down adult and it holds up. Great movie.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Twitter has decided the Boss Baby stork is a shoebill and it's pretty great (also fitting since shoebills are both goofy and scary)

https://twitter.com/MarkT_6275/status/950751474149134337

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The memories of my cousin sitting in a lovely diaper watching The Little Mermaid six or seven times a day for months on end pretty much ruined that movie for me.

Almost makes me feel bad for my parents for how many times I watched TMNT II.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Hell same, but my sisters were obsessed with Benny & Joon.

At least I had the god given decency to think that the sun rose and set on Ghostbusters.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

My 2 year old watches Sing like once a day. You get numb to it, could be a lot worse I guess.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The first two films I recall watching in theaters were TMNT 2 and Look Who's Talking Now. I wonder if that traumatized me somehow.

Can't recall any specific movie I watched a lot as a kid though. Maybe that Land Before Time sequel where the waterfall stopped.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also watched Casper: A Spirited Beginning WAY too many times as a kid.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I watched Jaws every single day over summer vacation 1991, and Terminator 2 every single day over summer vacation in 1992. I regret nothing.

Well, maybe I regret being so squeamish about gore I left the room during "this is what happens" and the "YOU GUYS OKAY OVAH DEH?" dude's leg falling to the bottom.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I probably watched Aliens once a month when I was 10, that's the closest I've been to repetition.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Where did Eric Movie originate? Was it an episode or something that sprang up on social media?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I watched Return of the Jedi so much as a kid that the tape fell apart and we had to buy a replacement.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I watched Goonies end on end for about a month then my parents 'lost' the tape. Apparently it just fell in the garbage accidentally.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Pops Mgee posted:

I watched Return of the Jedi so much as a kid that the tape fell apart and we had to buy a replacement.

It was on TBS so much, I ended up having multiple copies recorded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

clown shoes posted:

Where did Eric Movie originate? Was it an episode or something that sprang up on social media?

It's from the Winter's Tale episode, but I can't remember the context of when it's first brought up. I think someone just misspeaks and says the phrase "Eric movie" and they run with it as a character.