Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Its all the posts with quotes and actual text that seem to have scrollbars like this post but not the next one that I am going to make. This is some free troubleshooting I am doing here. On a friday night because thats the kind of guy I am.

appears to be caused by me reading the forums at 90% zoom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

dividing by greggs seems like a sensible option tbh?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yeah i mean greggs or a company with a french name smh

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dysgenesis posted:

Wtf is happening in this thread. I wanted to post about sandwiches but there are too many new people making posts and now my sandwich chat is too late.

I would like to hear about your sandwiches.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Do northern people not drink bitter any more?

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I to would like to discuss sandwiches it’ll tie in nicely to meal deal discussion.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jose posted:

appears to be caused by me reading the forums at 90% zoom

I wish you hadn't done this. Now everyone knows at what zoom level I read the forums.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

As middle class as it sounds
Cucumber sandwiches are well boss

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Why are you so determined to divide england?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I thought curry sauce of chips was the south. I have salt and vinegar despite being a northerner who lives in the Midlands.

VideoGames posted:

I would like to hear about your sandwiches.

Thank you both for your consideration, I don't really eat sandwiches much but when I do I cut them into triangles.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I wish you hadn't done this. Now everyone knows at what zoom level I read the forums.

its the only way to read the forums after lowtax changed all the sizes

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Im having pasta bake tonight

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Kluliss posted:

dividing by greggs seems like a sensible option tbh?
https://thetab.com/uk/2017/08/02/weve-figured-exactly-north-plotting-every-single-greggs-store-map-44385

tl;dr: this site has attempted to calculate where the north/south divide is by putting everywhere that has <25,000 people per greggs in the north and >25000 in the south, and their line almost exactly matches the north/south line that those researchers at the university of sheffield came up with

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Watching rogue one because I still haven't seen it all the way through

Holy poo poo CGI Peter Cushing looks terrible and the guy doing the voice sounds nothing like him at all, how did anyone think this was a good idea?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
my copy of overcooked: gourmet edition has arrived

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Quote-Unquote posted:

Holy poo poo CGI Peter Cushing looks terrible and the guy doing the voice sounds nothing like him at all, how did anyone think this was a good idea?

Yeah it's real bad but I'm not mad about it

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

youtube commenter posted:

https://thetab.com/uk/2017/08/02/weve-figured-exactly-north-plotting-every-single-greggs-store-map-44385

tl;dr: this site has attempted to calculate where the north/south divide is by putting everywhere that has <25,000 people per greggs in the north and >25000 in the south, and their line almost exactly matches the north/south line that those researchers at the university of sheffield came up with

I'm really surprised sheff's on the wrong side of the line tbh...what do they have instead??

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

fridge corn posted:

my copy of overcooked: gourmet edition has arrived

Good game

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

fridge corn posted:

Yeah it's real bad but I'm not mad about it

I'm not mad it's just super weird that a huge budget film like a star war looks so bad

I only really like the first two. Still haven't seen the latest one. Probably won't bother until the blu ray

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

its a raelly poo poo film

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Kluliss posted:

I'm really surprised sheff's on the wrong side of the line tbh...what do they have instead??

Iirc they still have those proper northern independent sandwich shops you find on back streets.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I enjoyed all the shooty lasers and silly named planets when I saw it in the cinema. I thought there was some interest in the portrayal of the rebellion as a bunch of disparate groups, but overall the characters didn't really do anything for me and then they all died. The constant clumsy references to much better movies were a hugely distracting element that culminated in an ending sequence that makes Star Trek: Into Darkness look subtle.
Overall as a starwars fan I enjoyed being immersed in that universe for a little bit, but that's all it offered and it didn't do that particularly well.

thank you for reading my Rogue One review.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Iirc they still have those proper northern independent sandwich shops you find on back streets.

yeah pretty much

roses and staniforths are pretty good bakers, i do love a greggs though

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

the expanse is the best sci fi video thing imo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

On sandwich talk, I can mostly stomach any old poo poo so I'm not really fussed. Or so I thought.

A year later I was driving through spain to Gibraltar in a rubbish car with no aircon stopping only for fuel because I had miscalculated and so was in a hurry. This meant buying petrol station sandwiches. Spain is really interesting and there is a lot to say about it but the petrol stations are just like generic ones on the outskirts of leeds but in nowhere Arizona and the mexicans forced to staff it don't speak any english.

I flicked through the sandwiches on the rack as if they were LPs at my local independent record store. A casual air about me.

I was disappointed in myself for being so, i dunno, culturally poo poo, so upon seeing the mediterranean sandwich I thought yeah, maybe when I pay for my petrol this teenager will respect me for my locally sourced sandwich (spain is next to the mediterranean). I also had images of like I dunno vinyards and oranges, dancing horses and spicy sausages.

Turns out though the mediterranean is primarily understood as being a sea so it was a bunch of seafood in a diagonal brown bread sandwich, bought hundreds of miles from the sea in a desert petrol station. One bite and chucked it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

On sandwich talk, I can mostly stomach any old poo poo so I'm not really fussed. Or so I thought.

A year later I was driving through spain to Gibraltar in a rubbish car with no aircon stopping only for fuel because I had miscalculated and so was in a hurry. This meant buying petrol station sandwiches. Spain is really interesting and there is a lot to say about it but the petrol stations are just like generic ones on the outskirts of leeds but in nowhere Arizona and the mexicans forced to staff it don't speak any english.

I flicked through the sandwiches on the rack as if they were LPs at my local independent record store. A casual air about me.

I was disappointed in myself for being so, i dunno, culturally poo poo, so upon seeing the mediterranean sandwich I thought yeah, maybe when I pay for my petrol this teenager will respect me for my locally sourced sandwich (spain is next to the mediterranean). I also had images of like I dunno vinyards and oranges, dancing horses and spicy sausages.

Turns out though the mediterranean is primarily understood as being a sea so it was a bunch of seafood in a diagonal brown bread sandwich, bought hundreds of miles from the sea in a desert petrol station. One bite and chucked it.

i didn't read any of this poo poo

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I did, I regret it much like the sandwich in question.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Rogue One is the best Star Wars but I respect other people’s right to have a wrong opinion.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

fridge corn posted:

i didn't read any of this poo poo

What were you doing?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

rogue 1 would have been much improved if it was just donnie yen being a martial artist in space for 2 hours

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Gaz2k21 posted:

Rogue One is the best Star Wars but I respect other people’s right to have a wrong opinion.

There's an hour left and my verdict so far is okay I guess

The rebels are useless at best and mystical blind ninja man and his friend with the best gun in the universe are bad characters. The Vader and tarkin scenes are really bad. The action stuff is fun though.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
It sucked

(the latest star wars I mean)

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
(I don't like star wars anyways so grain of salt etc)

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

star war

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Quote-Unquote posted:

There's an hour left and my verdict so far is okay I guess

The rebels are useless at best and mystical blind ninja man and his friend with the best gun in the universe are bad characters. The Vader and tarkin scenes are really bad. The action stuff is fun though.

The best scene in rogue one isn't until the very end

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

fridge corn posted:

Is it the credits?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Quote-Unquote posted:

Is it the credits?

no a bit before that

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Quote-Unquote posted:

The voice is ok, the face is ok, the full body movement is shockingly bad

if he hadnt moved they might have gotten away with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

fridge corn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glHrLyDpV1k