Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WWE.com posted the list of charities each MMC team chose.

Spoiler Braun and Alexa are going to win.

quote:

Americares helps save lives and improve health for people affected by poverty or disaster.
Represented by: Elias & Bayley

Boys & Girls Clubs of America provides the resources needed to enable all young people, especially those who need them most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Represented by: Jimmy Uso & Naomi

Connor’s Cure raises awareness and funds for pediatric cancer research, in partnership with The V Foundation and Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.
Represented by: Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss

Girl Up, a United Nations Foundation initiative, inspires and connects girls globally through its leadership program that positions girls to be changemakers in their communities.
Represented by: Bobby Roode & Charlotte Flair

Global Citizen encourages the collective actions of people around the world with the goal of ending extreme poverty by 2030.
Represented by: Rusev & Lana

Hire Heroes USA empowers U.S. military members, veterans and military spouses to succeed in the civilian workforce.
Represented by: Alicia Fox & Goldust

KaBOOM! is dedicated to making sure all kids get the childhood they deserve through great, safe places to play.
Represented by: Big E & Carmella

Make-A-Wish creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
Represented by: Shinsuke Nakamura & Natalya

Rescue Dogs Rock is an animal rescue organization whose goal is to provide homeless, neglected or abused dogs the medical care they need and the loving home they deserve.
Represented by: The Miz & Asuka

UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to put children first and works toward the day when no children suffer from preventable causes. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States.
Represented by: Sami Zayn & Becky Lynch

Special Olympics is a global inclusion movement using sport, health, education and leadership programs every day around the world to empower people with intellectual disabilities.
Represented by: Finn Bálor & Sasha Banks

Susan G. Komen’s mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
Represented by: Apollo Crews & Nia Jax

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-mixed-match-challenge/article/wwe-to-support-12-charities-in-mixed-match-challenge

The losers get $10k.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

The losers get $10k.

Welp I guess we know for sure Braun and Alexa are winning. :v:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

So Taker's probable return is likely going to be tied in with this weird Kane push, right?

No it's because WWE still value Kane as a main event level contender and has valued him as such since 2012.

In fact since his return, I'd say the times where he hasn't been booked in what could be considered a main event level feud;

When he was teaming with Bryan,
Facing off against Bray Wyatt (the first time),
The time he stopped wrestling for the Authority (even then he previously main evented against Bryan, Cena, was involved in main event matches as Rollins' goon, and was involved in the 2014 Survivor Series match),
His terrible quick feud with Ryback,
His third Wyatt feud,
His forth Wyatt feud (where he subbed for Randy),
And his Andre the Giant Battle Royale appearances.

I originally started this list trying to list off his main event appearances/feuds since 2012 but gently caress that's a needlessly long list.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 12, 2018

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Now I'm thinking Nakatalya has a chance. I would say Nia and Apollo just because they're fond of sucking off Susan G. Komen as much as possible, but it's Nia and Apollo

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:chloe:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
11 charities about ending horrible diseases and making people's lives better.

And one charity about... rescue dogs...??

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Nipponophile posted:

Dogs rule. :colbert:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy y'know, if the charity that two of WWE's executives started wins this scripted tournament, I'd almost think that was a little shady!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

cena has the chops to pull off an angle that's like "i don't want the dead man, i want the man" and then it can just be essentially sold as the dead man retired last year and now the man mark callaway is taking one last shot. i think cena could make it work ok. they could even bring back the american badass intro but i don't think taker would appreciate ironic nostalgia

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

it was cool when lesnar beat the crap out of taker with ground and pound in ther hiac match

i was 11 rows out at staples and that might be my all time favorite match

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

The losers get $10k.

lmao

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

VJeff posted:

Boy y'know, if the charity that two of WWE's executives started wins this scripted tournament, I'd almost think that was a little shady!

yeah, its so weird that they tied, like, real money to real charities to this.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

shiksa posted:

yeah, its so weird that they tied, like, real money to real charities to this.

no it's not, haven't you heard Stephanie's screed on the future of charitable giving?

Admiral_Cola
Jan 11, 2012
hosed up that the Ascension (Konnor with Viktor in drag) doesn't get to fight for Konnors Kure.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aphrodite posted:

The losers get $10k.

I like how they keep throwing the worst parts of the tournament on the same team.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I like how they keep throwing the worst parts of the tournament on the same team.

drat man what do you have against people affected by poverty or disaster?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

piss tape israel posted:

Remember those dumb "Billionaire Ted" skits that made fun of Hogan and Savage for being old? Taker is a lot older than they were when those came out.
When Jake Roberts was in the '96 KotR tournament (right around the same time as those Billionaire Ted skits, come to think of it) the commentary team sold being :siren::siren::siren:FORTY YEARS OLD:siren::siren::siren: as if it was like, 75.

Of course they spun it as "inspirational" instead of a joke like in the Ted skits, but the point remained that 40 was way too old to be a Superstar of the World Wrestling Federation.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
to be fair Jake at that point may as well have been 75

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Minidust posted:

When Jake Roberts was in the '96 KotR tournament (right around the same time as those Billionaire Ted skits, come to think of it) the commentary team sold being :siren::siren::siren:FORTY YEARS OLD:siren::siren::siren: as if it was like, 75.

It's astounding that Jake is only in his early 60s.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

god drat it stop giving money to susan g komen you idiots

also thbtttt to most of those charities except the rescue dog one :3:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
why wouldn't Sami or Becky choose Sami's Serian slop truck?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RacistGuidingLight posted:

why wouldn't Sami or Becky choose Sami's Serian slop truck?

Its not a registered 501c3 charity.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Cena/Undertaker doesn't have much hope of being a good match but Cena's PPV builds are (generally) so strong that I have faith it could end up being interesting leading up to it.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Rick posted:

Cena/Undertaker doesn't have much hope of being a good match but Cena's PPV builds are (generally) so strong that I have faith it could end up being interesting leading up to it.

cena rap battling a taker pretape is gonna be segment of the year

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

no live in ring taker promos please

yes taker in a cemetery with open graves everywhere promos please

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I never want to see Taker wrestle again. It's poo poo and depressing.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Rewatching last year's rumble. Jesus christ I forgot how long that entrance ramp was. Like Mojo takes off running full blast, camera cuts away 5 full seconds, cuts back to Mojo, he's halfway to the ring. It's like playing an old playstation wrestling game and the game lags everytime a royal rumble entrance loads and it takes forever for them to get in the ring.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

spudsbuckley posted:

I never want to see Taker wrestle again. It's poo poo and depressing.

Been saying this for three years.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nipponophile posted:

miz is a top tier heel after all

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stop making GBS threads on a cool dog rescue. Humans put dogs in the hosed up situations they get into either directly or indirectly over years and years. unite only against Sossan g. komen.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Dog rescue is cool. I predict Miz+Asuka vs Stroman+Alexa. Only Asuka vs Stroman and Miz vs Alexa occurs when Alexa eliminates Miz and Stroman aligns with Asuka because she is stronger and Alexa has painted herself into a bad corner and is murdered by Asuka.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

drat man what do you have against people affected by poverty or disaster?

I am really surprised you didn't pick Special Olympics, there.

Blaise330 posted:

Rewatching last year's rumble. Jesus christ I forgot how long that entrance ramp was. Like Mojo takes off running full blast, camera cuts away 5 full seconds, cuts back to Mojo, he's halfway to the ring. It's like playing an old playstation wrestling game and the game lags everytime a royal rumble entrance loads and it takes forever for them to get in the ring.

Somebody post the carts.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

piss tape israel posted:

Remember those dumb "Billionaire Ted" skits that made fun of Hogan and Savage for being old? Taker is a lot older than they were when those came out.

The undertaker is immortal and deserves our respect

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Jesus Sami ate like every finisher this rumble. Like Miz runs in and just skull crushing finales him.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
PWInsider is reporting Paige is done/finished as an in ring performer for WWE. :smith:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Well, she can always manage. God knows Mandy and Sonya need someone to talk for them.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

pressedbunny posted:

Well, she can always manage. God knows Mandy and Sonya need someone to talk for them.

But shouldn't their manager be someone who is a good promo then?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If Paige hadn't driven Del Rio out of her life by abusing him this wouldn't have happened.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

PWInsider is reporting Paige is done/finished as an in ring performer for WWE. :smith:

Called it bros.

Seriously that's terrible. Went to FCW instead of college and all that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
That's too bad, I wonder if she stays a manager or wants to go do something else.

I'm excited for the new leader of Absolution, The Iconic Duo

• Locked thread