Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
ESPN is filled with cucks.

Also its funny in retrospect how their short lived Barstool partnership blew up. I mean for god sake Barstool has an instagram account called Barstool Smokeshows and Old Row is alt-right party time.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

soggybagel posted:

ESPN is filled with cucks.

Also its funny in retrospect how their short lived Barstool partnership blew up. I mean for god sake Barstool has an instagram account called Barstool Smokeshows and Old Row is alt-right party time.

There should never have been a partnership. If they wanted PMT, they should've bought those guys and made them their own.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

GobiasIndustries posted:

What exactly is her job at ESPN other than the upcoming podcast?

also lol
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/949419002442534912

this is literally a no-win situation for ESPN; if they don't suspend her they get yelled at by conservative assholes for not suspending her and by everyone else for not suspending the white lady when they suspended the black lady. if they do suspend her, they will continue to get yelled at by conservative assholes for some other thing because culture war bullshit is how they work and they'll get yelled at by everyone else because suspending someone for calling Donald Trump, noted Stupid Person, a stupid person is really loving stupid.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
It would 100% be a win if they do nothing because it will mean they have learned not to listen to people who argue in bad faith and have nowhere near the clout they insist they do

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

ElwoodCuse posted:

It would 100% be a win if they do nothing because it will mean they have learned not to listen to people who argue in bad faith and have nowhere near the clout they insist they do

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ElwoodCuse posted:

Yep. I'm happy with continuing to yell at them for suspending Jemele in the first place.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This seems a bit much, to say the least-

https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/950159278559715330

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

ElwoodCuse posted:

Trump isn’t going to say poo poo about Katie Nolan because she’s not black. It’s going to die down very quickly.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Also no one is running with the "loving Retard" part that clearly got bleeped out

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This is definitely over the top.

I don't know if teams gave out too many credentials and are trying to scale back or something but it just seems like I keep hearing stories of teams trying to pull credentials for the flimsiest of excuses.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Rick posted:

I don't know if teams gave out too many credentials and are trying to scale back or something but it just seems like I keep hearing stories of teams trying to pull credentials for the flimsiest of excuses.

What was it that Mark Cuban tried to yank credentials over a while back? At least I think it was Cuban, I only vaguely remember the story.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grittybeard posted:

What was it that Mark Cuban tried to yank credentials over a while back? At least I think it was Cuban, I only vaguely remember the story.

Cuban pulled the credentials of ESPN because they stopped having a dedicated reporter for Mavs coverage and he wanted to make a point avout how ESPN was automating coverage via the AP.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

He yanked media credentials from everyone at ESPN because he was mad about them changing the way they covered the team. Apparently it's an outage that they didn't dedicate one of their best reporters solely to one of the least interesting teams in the league. I know, I'm shocked that mark cuban was an idiot baby too

The LaVar stuff is really obnoxious but there are lot of people in the NBA who seen to think ESPN should be state media for the league

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 8, 2018

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/WhitlockJason/status/950431554383179776

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I....don’t follow.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
He’s comparing Art Briles to Malcolm X.

Yeah, me neither.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

He’s comparing Art Briles to Malcolm X.

Yeah, me neither.

His retweet+reply/like ratio is improving because no one's really offended or surprised by his poo poo anymore and he's running out of other black people to trash.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
wrong thread

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Anals of History posted:

His retweet+reply/like ratio is improving because no one's really offended or surprised by his poo poo anymore and he's running out of other black people to trash.

I think everyone just decided to ignore him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So holy hell, Bama/Georgia did massive numbers.

quote:

Alabama's thrilling national football championship victory over Georgia drew 28.4 million viewers to ESPN on Monday night, the Nielsen company said.

It was second only to the Ohio State-Oregon championship game in 2015 as the most-watched telecast ever on cable television, the company said. The game ended in overtime with a sudden-death touchdown for the Tide.

The week before, the Georgia-Oklahoma college football semi-final was a more popular television event than the much-anticipated game between Clemson and Alabama. Nielsen said that a little more than 26 million people watched the Georgia-Oklahoma game on ESPN on New Year's Day. It was a more competitive game than Alabama-Clemson, wihch reached 20.6 million.

There was a lot of thought that ratings would be down since it was an all-SEC game.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/951150651454697472

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Dump Millbury at the dmz please

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

So holy hell, Bama/Georgia did massive numbers.

There was a lot of thought that ratings would be down since it was an all-SEC game.

I think people kinda lazily assumed that because LSU/Bama did a bad number this would too, but this was different because it wasn't a rematch of an awful game from earlier in the year.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ElwoodCuse posted:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

ElwoodCuse posted:

and he should take Pierre with him

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

speaking of pierre

https://twitter.com/TomGulittiNHL/status/951258169770209281

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Stuff that ESPN made private on Youtube appears to be back. At least, ATHonESPN is live again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbqCKHESuxU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What is a Lavar Ball and why is it so important to ESPN?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Because it represents a perfect cycle of ratings and clicks. Putting him on TV gets eyes. Talking about him on TV gets eyes. Reacting to him gets eyes. Talking about reactions to him gets eyes. Eventually he shows up again to do another outrageous claim and the cycle continues.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

He's their new Tim Tebow.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
LaVar is the absolute worst.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

DJExile posted:

Because it represents a perfect cycle of ratings and clicks. Putting him on TV gets eyes. Talking about him on TV gets eyes. Reacting to him gets eyes. Talking about reactions to him gets eyes. Eventually he shows up again to do another outrageous claim and the cycle continues.

poo poo, the last cycle barely even involves him. He said some otherwise ignorable poo poo about Luke Walton, a few NBA coaches suggested both Bell and ESPN gently caress off, and now ESPN turned it into some embrace debate crap about Freedom of the Press.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Uh the leader of the coaches union said those reporters should have their credentials pulled.

Regardless of if you agree with Ball or hate him that is an extremely dumb thing to say or imply.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/951890114833199104

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Pull the fuckin creds! Pull them!

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Dexo posted:

Uh the leader of the coaches union said those reporters should have their credentials pulled.

Regardless of if you agree with Ball or hate him that is an extremely dumb thing to say or imply.

Oh, I missed that part. I only caught a little bit of I'LL INTERVIEW WHOEVER I WANT gently caress YOU DAD without knowing the full context.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

If Jalen isn't going on this show after a healthy Wake 'n' Bake session then I have no interest in it.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Hoooo boy, apparently one Bill Simmons takedown wasn’t enough for Deadspin today, but Drew Magary kinda went nuclear on Simmons with this piece:

Bill Simmons is a loving Embarrassment

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

They couldn’t think of a better name than ‘Get Up’?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mahoning posted:

Hoooo boy, apparently one Bill Simmons takedown wasn’t enough for Deadspin today, but Drew Magary kinda went nuclear on Simmons with this piece:

Bill Simmons is a loving Embarrassment

https://twitter.com/matt_T/status/951920904631652352