Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Who gives a poo poo about Iron Fist when we have a new episode of Shield tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Ah yeah! I can't wait to want to watch it but have my personal scheduling prevent that until Tuesday... D:

What's the over/under on Lady-Yondu doing a Face-Turn?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Moriatti posted:

Ah yeah! I can't wait to want to watch it but have my personal scheduling prevent that until Tuesday... D:

The only face thing she's doing is when May puts it through the floor.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I mean, yeah, she'll probably either lose to May to show how much May has recovered OR attack Kasius out of spite.

That said, I kinda ant to get her backstory and have her be a member of the team.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Moriatti posted:

I mean, yeah, she'll probably either lose to May to show how much May has recovered OR attack Kasius out of spite.

That said, I kinda ant to get her backstory and have her be a member of the team.

earth for (in)humans not for kree

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Without those silver balls Kree lady has no chance against a recovered May.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Without those silver balls Kree lady has no chance against a recovered May.
Uh I thought she was dead. Didn't Fitz doubletap her as they were leaving?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oracle posted:

Uh I thought she was dead. Didn't Fitz doubletap her as they were leaving?

The noise it made was clearly an Icer.

Also she's in the promo for tonight's episode

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

The noise it made was clearly an Icer.

Also she's in the promo for tonight's episode

I was actually disappointed that Fitz was using an Icer.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Oh yeah, that reminds me: has it ever actually been established that Icers work on Kree, or any other alien for that matter? I thought they were developed to be used on, you know, humans.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Aleph Null posted:

I was actually disappointed that Fitz was using an Icer.

I think he did that to avoid Kree retaliating by genociding the remaining humans. Even if they undo it all by going back to the present, it's not something you want on your conscience.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I think he did that to avoid Kree retaliating by genociding the remaining humans. Even if they undo it all by going back to the present, it's not something you want on your conscience.

Fitz's conscience is probably carrying about enough at this point, yeah.

Also, Iron Fist is way better if you consider it to be called "Colleen Wing and her goofy Mystic Kung-Fu Boyfriend"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhyno posted:

They can already use Skrulls.

Right, but I thought they couldn't use any named Skrulls, as weird as that is. No Skrull Queen, K'lrt, or Xavin.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Codependent Poster posted:

Right, but I thought they couldn't use any named Skrulls, as weird as that is. No Skrull Queen, K'lrt, or Xavin.

Yeah, that was the deal. Skrulls were OK, Super Skrulls were not as they were part of the Fantastic Four.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

But is Xavin a FF property? He/she debuted in Runaways so I'd assume she'd be Marvel property. I assume the issue is characters who debuted in Fantastic Four.

Also I don't want to keep the Iron Fist thing going but I'll just say I do basically agree with the criticisms of Danny, I just think it was a bunch of misfires and I think they were going for more of a naive but well meaning fool. But they clearly screwed up a lot which is one of the big flaws with the series.

And yes, Colleen and maybe even Joy and Ward are just better center pieces for the series. And Danny was a lot better in Defenders when he was just the little brother everyone clowned on and rolled their eyes at and occasionally browbeat for being ignorant.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

STAC Goat posted:

And Danny was a lot better in Defenders when he was just the little brother everyone clowned on and rolled their eyes at and occasionally browbeat for being ignorant.

Danny literally had one job in Defenders. He didn't even have to do anything, his job was just to not do this one thing. Guess what he loving does? It's okay to have a character be stupid and totally out of their element for a few episodes so they have room to grow and improve, but Danny is just as stupid and naive and worthless at the end of Defenders as when he started. gently caress him. There's a reason the Netflix thread has the title that it has.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

counterfeitsaint posted:

There's a reason the Netflix thread has the title that it has.

"You are the dumbest Iron Fist yet."

For those who haven't seen the series, that is a direct quote from one of the villains to Danny.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Sowande deserved better.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

But is Xavin a FF property? He/she debuted in Runaways so I'd assume she'd be Marvel property. I assume the issue is characters who debuted in Fantastic Four.

The rights were all over the place. I mean, the Inhumans debuted in FF but were Marvel's. Kang first appeared in Avengers but was with the FF.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

3 DONG HORSE posted:

"You are the dumbest Iron Fist yet."

For those who haven't seen the series, that is a direct quote from one of the villains to Danny.

That was from The Defenders. In Iron Fist, the quote is "You are the WORST Iron Fist", and it said by his supposedly best friend.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Point is Danny's clearly supposed to be a punching bag you want to strangle. They just hosed up the sliders.

That and its a pretty questionable idea to make your protagonist someone everyone wants to punch.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gorilla Salad posted:

He's a self absorbed spoiled rich kid who the show treats like he's loving Caine from Kung Fu.

He literally never stops making stupid decisions. He even gets the mystical city which trained him wiped out purely through the power of his own stupidity, which is almost impressive.

The gate is closed. We don't know that K'un Lun is wiped out, only that Danny is still an idiot.

Danny's character growth, including being a dick to the bum trying to help him out because he's still mentally a rich tool in his teens is not quick enough for some people, similar to how the first season of AoS didn't move quickly/well enough for them.

There are other factors (like the stuntwork) that don't help either, but making Danny some kind of White Savior Buddha from the get-go isn't what that show is going for. The Defenders dunk on him for good reason, and as long as this trend of slow but upwards growth continues, I'll continue to watch it.

Moriatti posted:

Excuse me. Are you saying that you think Sinara looks like an Alpha Centauran?!?

Do all blue people look the same to you?

I can't even

STAC Goat posted:

Also I don't want to keep the Iron Fist thing going but I'll just say I do basically agree with the criticisms of Danny, I just think it was a bunch of misfires and I think they were going for more of a naive but well meaning fool. But they clearly screwed up a lot which is one of the big flaws with the series.

And yes, Colleen and maybe even Joy and Ward are just better center pieces for the series. And Danny was a lot better in Defenders when he was just the little brother everyone clowned on and rolled their eyes at and occasionally browbeat for being ignorant.

Yes.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

There are other factors (like the stuntwork) that don't help either, but making Danny some kind of White Savior Buddha from the get-go isn't what that show is going for. The Defenders dunk on him for good reason, and as long as this trend of slow but upwards growth continues, I'll continue to watch it.

What upward growth? The dumbest thing he's done so far he did at the very end of Defenders. He's just as stupid now as he ever was.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

counterfeitsaint posted:

What upward growth? The dumbest thing he's done so far he did at the very end of Defenders. He's just as stupid now as he ever was.

You're fun.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Iron Fist, however, is not.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Excuse me. Are you saying that you think Sinara looks like an Alpha Centauran?!?

Do all blue people look the same to you?

Some of my best friends are blue!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moriatti posted:

That's Azurian American to you.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Moriatti posted:

Da ba dee da ba die?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That was a cool transition from Daisy to May.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Wasn't expecting a Mortal Kombat crossover but here we are...

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Of course Fitz gets shot.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Deke!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Is that Kree Teal'c from SG1?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Was that a Graviton sighting?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aw, I lost track of time and missed the first half. What happened?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Reset Smith posted:

Was that a Graviton sighting?

It was Gravitonium, whether it was actually the Gravitonium that he turned into it is still in question...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JESUS

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Mr. and Mrs. Boba Fett.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Fitz's complete indignation at them complaining where he hid the weapon stash was majestic...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I got a flying car, how difficult can this be.