Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Kashuno posted:

Short Texas Jokes Q. What's the difference between a University of Houston sorority sister and a scarecrow? A. One lives in a field and is stuffed with hay. The other frightens birds and small animals. Q: What's the only thing that grows in Austin? A: The Crime Rate! Q: What's the only thing that grows in Arlington? A: The swelling from your head from getting jacked! Q: Why do University of Houston grads keep their diplomas on their dashboards? A: So they can park in handicap spaces. Q: What do you call a good looking girl on the University of Houston campus? A: A visitor. Q: Did you hear about the power outage at the Texas Tech University library? A: Thirty students were stuck on the escalator for three hours. Why was the delegation from the Dallas Dyslexic Republican Association turned away from the Republican National Convention? Their placard read: 'We love Taxes'. Q: Did you hear about the fire in University of Texas's football dorm that destroyed 20 books? A: The real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet. Q: What does the average Texas Tech University student get on his SAT? A: Drool. Q: Why couldn't the baby Jesus be born in Texas? A: Because they couldn't find 3 wise men or a virgin. Q: Why did Forrest Gump choose 'Bama over UT? A: He wanted an academic challenge! Q: Why are there so many unsolved murders in Texas? A: There are no dental records and everyone has the same DNA Q: How many Texas Tech freshman does it take to change a light bulb? A: None, it's a sophomore course. Q: What does a Red Raiders grad call a Longhorns grad in 5 years? A: Boss! I'm not saying Baylor basketball players are dumb, but the coach is dressing six players for this Saturdays game. The rest will dress themselves. Q: Why is "The Wave" banned in Jones AT&T Stadium? A: Two Red Raiders fans drowned last year. Q: Why did the Texas regents decide to cover Texas Memorial Stadium in cardboard? A: Because the Longhorns always look better on paper. Q: What happens when blondes move from Louisiana to Texas? A: Both states become smarter! Q: Why aren't UTEP cheerleaders allowed to do the splits? A: They stick to the ground. Q: Why do all the trees in Oklahoma lean south? A: Texas Sucks Q: What does a girl from Austin do if she's not in bed by 10pm? A: Go Home. Q: Why do Texas A&M Aggies basketball players use body heat activated deodorant? A: Because it's the closet they will come to getting a "Degree". Q: Why do Houston Cougars students have such beautiful noses? A: They're hand picked. Q: Why did Texas disband its water polo team? A: All the horses drowned. Q: What's the difference between a North Texas diploma and toilet paper? A: About $50,000 per sheet. Q: What does it say on the back of every North Texas diploma? A: Will Work For Food. Q: Why did the UTEP grad cross the road? A: Better question why is he out of jail? Q: How does a dumb blonde get into college? A: She applies to Texas El Paso. Q: Why did the Longhorns change their uniforms to Orange? A: So they can play the game, direct traffic, and pick up trash without changing. Q: What's the one thing that keeps Baylor Bears basketball players from graduating? A: Going to Class. Q: Why did the Longhorns football team cross the road? A: Because it was easier than crossing the goal line. Q: How is a Houston girl different from a bowling ball? A: Sometimes a bowling ball is hard to pick up. Q: What do Longhorns grads use for Birth Control? A: Their personalities. Q: How do you break a North Texas grads finger? A: Punch him in the nose. Q: What do Texans call OPEC? A: Oil Pricing Evil Cartel! Q: How do you get a UTEP fan to laugh all weekend long? A: Tell him a joke Monday morning. Q: Where can you message people while driving? A: Text-us. Q: Why do Red Raiders fans smell so bad? A: So blind people can hate them too. Q: Why did Texas change their field from grass to artificial turf? A: To keep the Longhorns cheerleaders from grazing the field at halftime. Q: Did you hear that 9 out of 10 coeds are good looking? A: The other one goes to North Texas. Q: Whats the difference between El Paso and yogurt? A: Yogurt has an active living culture. Q: Why do the Texas Longhorns eat cereal straight from the box? A: They choke whenever they get near a bowl. Q: What's the difference between Texas Memorial Stadium and a cactus? A: The cactus has its pricks on the outside. Q: What separates a good team from a great team? A: The Oklahoma-Texas border. Q: How do you confuse a North Texas student? A: You can't they were born that way. Q: How do you get from College Station, Texas to Austin, Texas? A: Go west until you smell poo poo and south until you step in it. Q: What will you never hear a North Texas grad say? A: "I have reviewed your application......" Q: How do you make University of Texas cookies? A: Put them in a big Bowl and beat for 3 hours. Q: What is the Texas state slogan? A: Oils Well that ends well. Q: If you have a car containing a Red Raiders wide receiver, a Red Raiders linebacker, and a Red Raiders defensive back, who is driving the car? A: The cop. Q: What is the definition of safe sex down in Texas? A: Placing signs on the animals that kick. Q: How do you casterate an Texas Tech fan? A: Kick his sister in the mouth Q: Why do only 90 percent of Americans feel economic hardship because of $4/gallon gas? A: The other 10 percent live in Texas! Q: Whats the difference between the Texas Longhorns and cheerios? A: One belongs in a bowl. The other doesn't! Q: Why do Texas Tech students have TGIF on their shoes? A: Toes Go In First! Q: What is 20 feet long and has 5 teeth? A: The funnel cake line at the Texas state fair. Q. What do you get when you drive quickly through the Baylor Bears campus? A. An undergraduate degree. Q: Why are rectal thermometers banned at the University of Texas? A: They cause too much brain damage! Q: What should you do if you find three University Of Texas football fans buried up to their neck in cement? A: Get more cement. Q: What's the difference between a Texas Longhorns fan and a carp? A: One is a bottom-feeding, scum sucker, and the other is a fish. Q. Why do they sell so many button-fly jeans in Texas? A. Because the sheep can hear the zippers a mile away. Q. How did the Baylor Bear die from drinking milk? A. The cow fell on him! Q: What is the definition of a Texas virgin? A: An ugly twelve year old who can outrun her brothers.. Q: What do they call students who go to Texas Tech? A: Rejects from Texas! Q: What does a Baylor Bears fan do when his team has won the BCS championship? A: He turns off the PlayStation 3. Q: What do you call a Baylor Bear in a BCS bowl game? A: A referee. Q: What do Texas and Texas Tech students have in common? A: They both got in to Texas Tech Q: What's the difference between a Texas Tech football player and a dollar? A: You can get four quarters out of a dollar. Q: Did you hear that Texas Tech's football team doesn't have a website? A: They can't string three "Ws" together. Q: How many Texas Tech grads does it take to change a lightbulb? A: None. Lava lamps don't burn out man! Q: What are the best four years of an Texas Tech grads life? A: Third grade Q: What does a Texas native and a bottle of beer have in common? A: They're both empty from the neck up. Q: What do tornadoes and graduates from the University of Texas have in common? A: They both end up in trailer parks. Q: What do the University of Texas and pot have in common? A: They both get smoked in bowls! Q. How do they separate the men from the boys in Texas? A. With a restraining order. Q. What's the first thing an Texas girl does when she wakes up in the morning? A. Walks home. Q: What do you call a Texas Tech football player with a championship ring? A: A thief! Q: What is a Longhorns fan's favorite whine? A: "We can't beat Oklahoma." Q: Why does a Longhorns fan pour his cereal on a plate? A: He lost his bowls. Q: How do you stop an Longhorns fan from beating his wife? A: Dress her in Oklahoma Red! Q: What did the Texas female say after sex? A: Get off me Dad, you're crushing my smokes! Q: What is th difference between a bucket of poo poo and a Red Raiders fan? A: The bucket. Q: Why do they not serve ice in drinks at Red Raiders games anymore? A: The student who knew the recipe graduated Q: Why don't girls play hide and seek in Texas? A: No one would look for them. You don't hang Texas boys, Texas boys are well hung Texas, still the only state where you can get a divorce and still be brother and sister! Knock Knock Who's there? Texas! Texas who? Texas are getting higher every year!

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/miscellaneousjokes/worldjokes/texasjokes.html

thank u 4 sourcing ur quotes

also same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Anidav posted:

Why are our scum killing themselves so quickly

What thread are you reading.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

tpink posted:

What thread are you reading.

Our scum in the other thread.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
That's why we should have just hammered Birb. Omgs blood is on your hands, bif!!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
If the hammer didn't lock in day actions and battle rosters, then yes it would've been good to lunch Slasher Hawke as soon as possible.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
:ghost: Viva Téxas :ghost:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb posted:

That's why we should have just hammered Birb. Omgs blood is on your hands, bif!!

Ok

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
if mgs has taught me anything, its to have the utmost respect for your enemies

birb, i salute you, you beauitful shitposter. if the rng was rolled differently, i hoped we couldve been allies. or, perhaps, even friends.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Counts for Day 4:

:cheers: You hammered early, so nobody new is ON NOTICE! Little Mac, Mithross, and Retro Futurist are still ON NOTICE! :cheers:

~~~

The Texans dragged the thrashing and protesting prisoner into position, tying him tight. He had clearly cracked under the strain of his terrible betrayals being exposed - ranting about who knows what, words tumbling uncontrollably out of his mouth. Ma shrugged nonchalantly, waving them away - high time they actually managed to nail down one of the Mexican spies, thank the good Lord.

"Wrap it up, boys. We got more important things to think about than this filthy rotten backstabbin' turncoat!"

Just as she turned away, the condemned man suddenly stopped babbling. As his eyes drilled into her, he gave one final wild grin and started laughing. "Got you, one last time." Ma's eyes widened, as she looked past the man to see a slowly-dwindling dustcloud on the horizon - a mounted messenger, riding for all they were worth towards the Mexican camp...

quote:

All you ever wanted was a family. Your mother told you growing up of how you had had a brother, once upon a time - but something terrible had happened, something nobody would ever talk about, and he was taken away from you never to be seen again. Since then, you've traveled the length, width, and breadth of Texas searching for him in between odd jobs. That's all this latest stint with the State Guard is - another odd job. But maybe.... just maybe this will finally be it? Maybe you'll meet your brother on the battlefield...

quote:

Buy it once, may as well buy it twice! If it breaks, they've got a replacement! Or if they forgot they bought it in the first place... well, that's where you come in. You'd be surprised how many people are too embarrased to admit their own mistake - even though it wasn't their fault they forgot at ALL. Oh well, more money in your pocket!

:rip: SLASHER HAWKE, aka Christobel, TOWNSCUM-aligned Shiner, was executed on Day 4! :rip:

:cheers: Day ability results are being distributed shortly in your sheets (there is a bit of a delay today, sorry!). You will only receive results if you used an ability or if something happened to you. :cheers:

~~~

BATTLEFIELD: Wild Horse Desert

quote:

This no-man's land lies just over the Texas border, and served as the safe choice of battlefield for the commanders to test each other's strength in the early days of the war.
There is no benefit or drawback to fighting here. This battlefield may only be chosen once more after this!

BATTLE FORMATION
pre:
		TXSG
Atomic Soda	busb		Natural20
flerp		Little Mac	Prince of Space

Hal Incandenza	IllegallySober	Truth Quark
Gamerofthegame	GeneX		The Lord of Hats
		DdN
:cheers: Preliminary phase starts now. You have ~7 hours to use Preliminary abilities, until 12 AM EST (midnight) tomorrow. Remember that you can only use Preliminary abilities if in the battle party, unless specifically stated otherwise. Please do not submit Battle abilities at this time. :cheers:

Podima fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 12, 2018

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
Wait WHAT.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

wwwhhhhaaaattttt ttthhhhheeee fffuuuuccccckkkkkkk

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Well.

I mean.

He is Ocelot.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Hahahahaha OMG was town too. I love these guys :allears:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: A minor error in the flip and flavor has been corrected. :beerpal:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i hate you

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
that was literally my worst nightmare

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Awwww. Masterful.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

One big thing that pinged me on RF is that he said he generates Shine, but the other thread had a Scum-Shiner so I assumed we would. That... turned out to be Hawke, so hmm.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
pretty decent lineup, someone else bring the hurts please, and make sure flerp lives.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i hope u r feeling okay bif :unsmith:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
we got this

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
tobbs i swear to god im going to write rude things about you in the bathroom stall if you dont stop threatening me

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Podima posted:

BATTLEFIELD: Wild Horse Desert

BATTLE FORMATION
pre:
		TXSG
Atomic Soda	busb		Natural20
flerp		Little Mac	Prince of Space

Hal Incandenza	IllegallySober	Truth Quark
Gamerofthegame	GeneX		The Lord of Hats
		DdN

Guys, just a quick heads up when choosing targets:
The front line is yet again King Burgerdee's top 3 suss list.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
drat mexicans trying to scare me off. doesnt matter, it's a fool's errand to try and stop me.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

flerp posted:

drat mexicans trying to scare me off. doesnt matter, it's a fool's errand to try and stop me.

:toughguy::toughguy::toughguy:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Prince of Space posted:

Guys, just a quick heads up when choosing targets:
The front line is yet again King Burgerdee's top 3 suss list.

Are you implying I shouldn't brutally murder them?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Little Mac posted:

One big thing that pinged me on RF is that he said he generates Shine, but the other thread had a Scum-Shiner so I assumed we would. That... turned out to be Hawke, so hmm.

I don't generate it, I can give one away as a OPG action

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
My action succeeded.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Let it be known that birb is a true Diamond Dog!

Unlike that cowardly Venom Soag who will now be known as Droopy Dog!

FUUUUUUUCK. NEXT TIME I SEE YOU, YOURE A DEAD MAN!!!!

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

I’m healed and also no longer poisoned!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Venom Soag posted:

You mean you'll be meetin' each other in Mexican heaven? :angel:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Venom Soag posted:

I’m healed and also no longer poisoned!

Natural 20? Health and poison status?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also drat Bif, Mac gets to be in battle and I'm still not? Ice cold.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Little Mac posted:

Are you implying I shouldn't brutally murder them?

No, never. Death to all Mexicans, in my humble opinon.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
look at those idiots in th eother thread that think scum dying in soldiers games have never given their thread messages before

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

Laying it on a bit thick there mate :/

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb posted:

look at those idiots in th eother thread that think scum dying in soldiers games have never given their thread messages before

Lol hell I did that once in FF4 just to the opposing scum team even

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Prince of Space posted:

Natural 20? Health and poison status?

Not disclosing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

Also drat Bif, Mac gets to be in battle and I'm still not? Ice cold.

Just like my beloved Jeabus' body

• Locked thread