Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

why does boogie kinda look like he's standing around more than other players

moreover, why does he look like roseanne's son

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Cool Buff Man posted:

Kibner I'm watching the end of my first full pelicans game this season and is it a common thing to think "god this team should be destroying [other team]. why aren't they destroying [other team]"

Yes.

Remember all my complaints about transition defense, defensive rebounding, and turnovers? That's why.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Needs to rest for the long days of shooting to get the show out the door by this March.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

EvanTH posted:

why does boogie kinda look like he's standing around more than other players

Because he does.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Haha, total disrespect attempt at a triple double

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Kibner posted:

Yes.

Remember all my complaints about transition defense, defensive rebounding, and turnovers? That's why.

Yeah it's all starting to make a lot more sense after watching it in action for sure

Rick posted:

Needs to rest for the long days of shooting to get the show out the door by this March.

Times are tough, Rick

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Kibner posted:

Because he does.

he plays like he's playing on a concrete court and it'd be very dangerous to fall down. The other players don't do that they lean a lot

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
40 minutes for KAT and he didn't even get the triple double in the end

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
It's frustrating because when they do play hard, they have a mental or effort slip-up that negates all the hard work they did previously. Which then discourages them further from working hard. It's just a downward spiral of energy and effort and execution.

I honestly don't know how a team breaks out of that.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

did you watch spencer dinwiddie win the game and go one rebound short of a triple double

i always knew he'd be great

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Kibner posted:

It's frustrating because when they do play hard, they have a mental or effort slip-up that negates all the hard work they did previously. Which then discourages them further from working hard. It's just a downward spiral of energy and effort and execution.

A lot of that has to be on the coach, has Gentry done anything to redeem his slipping reputation? Or do you think they could use a shake-up when someone desirable (Walton) becomes available?

EvanTH posted:

did you watch spencer dinwiddie win the game and go one rebound short of a triple double

i always knew he'd be great

That's why I picked him up, baby.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Kibner posted:

have they tried red wine baths and converting to judaism

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I'm not sure how much can be blamed on Gentry. He's not the one failing to routinely box out. But he also can't afford to bench Cousins or Davis when they do that because they are by far the best players on the team and his job is on the line.

At least he is starting to bench Rondo in crunch time minutes. That has actually helped.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's why I picked him up, baby.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a7OBvkCrQ4zZF-g1QlWepcZdkRZbFRMRAcQ4lKkYqDo/edit#gid=1441018611
:smug:

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I’m here for Rockets buckets

Calvin lookin subdued tonight. No well tailored drapes here

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
The problems with the team started with Benson immediately wanting a playoff team once it was obvious Davis was the real deal. Everything is the result of that decision.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Very nice. On the other hand: Donatas

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Gonna be awesome when AD is playing center for GSW.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Kibner posted:

The problems with the team started with Benson immediately wanting a playoff team once it was obvious Davis was the real deal. Everything is the result of that decision.

Yeah that's rough, you can't just will those things into existence most of the time

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

Very nice. On the other hand: Donatas

he's my second-most disappointing loss due to injury on that roster after Jordan Adams, who I'm completely convinced had the stuff to be an all-star but then he had like 5 knee surgeries and now he's overseas :[

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
im gonna stay up and watch booker and call in late to work tomorrow due to being encased in ice

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
rockets only have 8 active players tonight, one center

so d'antoni's rotation should basically be the same

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

oh poo poo tyson chandler is still alive and he grew a crazy beard

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

chunkles posted:

oh poo poo tyson chandler is still alive and he grew a crazy beard

Speaking of 3 seconds

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Wew finally got a. 3

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Ryan Anderson doing things

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

ryan anderson hits the most inexplicable goddamn shots

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

does pj tucker have a spiderman tattoo on his shoulder

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Don’t let pj tucker distract you from the fact that the Rockets made Gerald Green appear out of nowhere

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

chunkles posted:

ryan anderson hits the most inexplicable goddamn shots

he hasnt made a good shot all season

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

gerald green bitch

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Rockets announcers calling Gerald green “Frankie four fingers” lol

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

clint really oughta be able to take it to len

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

chunkles posted:

clint really oughta be able to take it to len

who just got blocked by chris paul

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I looked up and saw the score and immediately turned to the Suns feed and it didn't disappoint because I tuned in on "The Suns have done a tremendous job!" I don't know what he's talking about but that delusion is what I'm here for tonight.

E: also to see if I won a TV.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

The Suns have been really bad offensively so far. Felt like they were stuck st 29 for forever

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rick posted:

I looked up and saw the score and immediately turned to the Suns feed and it didn't disappoint because I tuned in on "The Suns have done a tremendous job!" I don't know what he's talking about but that delusion is what I'm here for tonight.

E: also to see if I won a TV.

if you were at the suns game you also might have won seven hundred and seventy seven dollars

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

These teams need some layup drills lawdy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

chunkles posted:

if you were at the suns game you also might have won seven hundred and seventy seven dollars

I actually did look into it, 90s night sounded nice.

Anyone who can watch this feed should because there's some good stuff on here.

Oliver Miller looks great.

• Locked thread