Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I'm sure I recall scenes of them shooting with and fleeing from the British

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Probably, but it usually ended with Billy Forearms shirtless and covered in blood, that's the hook.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Shageletic posted:

whooooo boy

Time for my favorite Soup clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNmgOIjZJXQ

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Realtalk: I don't know if anything depresses me as much as The Soup (and to a similar degree Talk Soup) vanishing into the goddamn void. E! chucked it off a cliff and it's a weird rights issue with the clips from other locales, so I see why it isn't streaming in perpetuity, but this was a regular series with a lot of excellent jokes getting copyright claimed into oblivion online that pirates rarely bothered to capture and archive regularly, even when it was running.

I miss being able to search for clips of it and having the slightest bit of success at finding, say, Jane Lynch and Joel flawlessly stabbing Under the Dome through its stupid, stupid heart week after week.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing that confuses me about that Viva Laughlin clip is that they knew they were making a musical, why the hell didn't they cast a guy who could actually sing?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The casting agent decided to call it a day after getting Wolverine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The season finale of Black Sails season 1 isn’t so much a battle, but it has seem extended ship to ship stuff.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
If you're looking for kidsafe naval battles, you'd honestly be better off looking at Hornblower rather than Black Sails.

(Hornblower is good, people should watch Hornblower.)

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like Hornblower a lot too but it's totally British propaganda because it makes the Spanish and the French look like scumbags while making British colonialism honorable.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

muscles like this! posted:

The thing that confuses me about that Viva Laughlin clip is that they knew they were making a musical, why the hell didn't they cast a guy who could actually sing?

What gets me is that they didn't bother to dub out Elton John (or is that someone else singing a cover? Doesn't *quite* sound right) but still had him singing along. Nobody's gonna sound good like that unless they're a professional trained to blend.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Letterman's Netflix show is fantastic.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Letterman's Netflix show is fantastic.

I miss Obama making speeches about stuff.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Bruceski posted:

What gets me is that they didn't bother to dub out Elton John (or is that someone else singing a cover? Doesn't *quite* sound right) but still had him singing along. Nobody's gonna sound good like that unless they're a professional trained to blend.

To be fair, they were replicating the UK series, and that was its style.

Rocksicles posted:

I miss Obama making speeches about stuff., period.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 13, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
CANADA ALERT RYAN ROBBINS ON VAN HELSING

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

CANADA ALERT RYAN ROBBINS ON VAN HELSING

Ah you're well into the good part of the season now. Warning: I think that the first season finale doesn't quite work, despite its ambitions, but the journey there is gutwrenching, and the second season keeps the pace up.

(On top of being a ubiquitous Canadian, Ryan Robbins is friends with Simon Barry, so he turns up in everything he does. I wouldn't be surprised if Luvia Peterson turned up in Van Helsing's third season as well.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Source Idiom posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Luvia Peterson turned up in Van Helsing's third season as well.)

Don't get my hopes up like that.

Edit: Just wrapped up season 1, pretty good cliffhanger!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 13, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Don't get my hopes up like that.

Edit: Just wrapped up season 1, pretty good cliffhanger!

Here comes the crazytrain.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Here comes the crazytrain.

Season 2 isn't on Netflix yet what am I supposed to do????

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Season 2 isn't on Netflix yet what am I supposed to do????

I mean, i have answers...

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I’ve never wanted to kill a man more in my life.

Eliza Dushku posted:

When I was 12 years old, while filming “True Lies”, I was sexually molested by Joel Kramer, one of Hollywood’s leading stunt coordinators.

Ever since, I have struggled with how and when to disclose this, if ever. At the time, I shared what happened to me with my parents, two adult friends and one of my older brothers. No one seemed ready to confront this taboo subject then, nor was I.
I am grateful to the women and men who have gone before me in recent months. The ever-growing list of sexual abuse and harassment victims who have spoken out with their truths have finally given me the ability to speak out. It has been indescribably exhausting, bottling this up inside me for all of these years.

I remember, so clearly 25 years later, how Joel Kramer made me feel special, how he methodically built my and my parents’ trust, for months grooming me; exactly how he lured me to his Miami hotel room with a promise to my parent that he would take me for a swim at the stunt crew’s hotel pool and for my first sushi meal thereafter. I remember vividly how he methodically drew the shades and turned down the lights; how he cranked up the air-conditioning to what felt like freezing levels, where exactly he placed me on one of the two hotel room beds, what movie he put on the television (Coneheads); how he disappeared in the bathroom and emerged, naked, bearing nothing but a small hand towel held flimsy at his mid-section. I remember what I was wearing (my favorite white denim shorts, thankfully, secured enough for me to keep on). I remember how he laid me down on the bed, wrapped me with his gigantic writhing body, and rubbed all over me. He spoke these words: “You’re not going to sleep on me now sweetie, stop pretending you’re sleeping,” as he rubbed harder and faster against my catatonic body. When he was ‘finished’, he suggested, “I think we should be careful…,” [about telling anyone] he meant. I was 12, he was 36.

I remember how afterwards, the taxi driver stared at me in the rear view mirror when Joel Kramer put me on his lap in the backseat and clutched me and grew aroused again; and how my eyes never left the driver’s eyes during that long ride over a Miami bridge, back to my hotel and parent. I remember how Joel Kramer grew cold with me in the ensuing weeks, how everything felt different on the set.

And I remember how soon-after, when my tough adult female friend (in whom I had confided my terrible secret on the condition of a trade that she let me drive her car around the Hollywood Hills) came out to the set to visit and face him, later that very same day, by no small coincidence, I was injured from a stunt-gone-wrong on the Harrier jet. With broken ribs, I spent the evening in the hospital. To be clear, over the course of those months rehearsing and filming True Lies, it was Joel Kramer who was responsible for my safety on a film that at the time broke new ground for action films. On a daily basis he rigged wires and harnesses on my 12 year old body. My life was literally in his hands: he hung me in the open air, from a tower crane, atop an office tower, 25+ stories high. Whereas he was supposed to be my protector, he was my abuser.

Why speak out now? I was 12, he was 36. It is incomprehensible. Why didn’t an adult on the set find his predatory advances strange — that over-the-top special attention he gave me. Fairly early on he nicknamed me “Jailbait” and brazenly called me by this name in a sick flirty way in front of others (at the time, I remember asking one of my older brothers what it meant). Sure, I’ve come to understand the terrible power dynamics that play into whistle-blowing by “subordinates” against persons in power, how difficult it can be for someone to speak up. But I was a child. Over the years I’ve really struggled as I’ve wondered how my life might have been different if someone, any one grown-up who witnessed his sick ways, had spoken up before he lured me to that hotel room.

Years ago, I had heard second hand that Joel Kramer was “found out” and forced to leave the business. I learned recently that in fact he still works at the top of the industry. And a few weeks ago, I found an internet photo of Joel Kramer hugging a young girl. That image has haunted me near nonstop since. I can no longer hide what happened.

Hollywood has been very good to me in many ways. Nevertheless, Hollywood also failed to protect me, a child actress. I like to think of myself as a tough Boston chick, in many ways I suppose not unlike Faith, Missy, or Echo. Through the years, brave fans have regularly shared with me how some of my characters have given them the conviction to stand up to their abusers. Now it is you who give me strength and conviction. I hope that speaking out will help other victims and protect against future abuse.

With every person that speaks out, every banner that drops down onto my iphone screen disclosing similar stories/truths, my resolve strengthens. Sharing these words, finally calling my abuser out publicly by name, brings the start of a new calm.

Eliza Dushku

Kramer is currently the stunt coordinator for Star Trek: Discovery and Westworld.

12 years old. He molested her and then he broke her ribs. That rat gently caress.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 13, 2018

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
His email is if anyone wants to send him your thoughts

Mod edit: Maybe don't do that,

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 13, 2018

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

DivisionPost posted:

Kramer is currently the stunt coordinator for Star Trek: Discovery and Westworld.

12 years old. He molested her and then he broke her ribs. That rat gently caress.

What a loving piece of poo poo. I hope they find proof and can actually pin it on him and put him in jail.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Throw him in the loving pit from Army of Darkness.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DivisionPost posted:

Can we please have a TVIV meetup to go murder this guy

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Oh my god. I think that's the most horrible account yet.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
People are the loving worst. Mad props to Dushku for coming forward with that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

I mean, i have answers...

The season is on Google Play so I bought it.

I loving love Eliza Dushku and I am horrified by what happened to her. That guy needs a massive beating and a lengthy prison sentence where he is routinely beaten by his fellow inmates.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Isn't she married to a giant black guy? like 7 foot?

Let him rip his arms off.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rocksicles posted:

Isn't she married to a giant black guy? like 7 foot?

Let him rip his arms off.

She used to be married to Rick Fox, now she's marrying a rich old white dude

Edit - I know she's a bit older now and older guys/younger girls happens all the time, but man this looks like a daddy/daughter pic -

Medullah fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 13, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Medullah posted:

Edit - I know she's a bit older now and older guys/younger girls happens all the time, but man this looks like a daddy/daughter pic -

Oh poo poo, she marrying the Tennis Pro.

Hang on... Armenian, Real Estate, Boston. He's totally "...a friend of ours"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Medullah posted:

Uh... that doesn't look anything like Eliza Dushku.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Medullah posted:

Well that probably is his daughter since it ain't Eliza Dushku and looks about 20 years younger than her

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Some people really try and find any excuse.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I had a crush on the daughter in True Lies but I was also a kid. Dude is gross.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
So I hadn't bothered to watch any Black Mirror except San Junipero (heard romance and 80's pop figured heavily, must-watch), but recently I watched USS Callister and Hang the DJ. Preferred the former to the latter, but both were fun riffs on the same sort of idea, and more to the point, were less grim than the hype led me to believe about Black Mirror. Which other Black Mirror episodes aren't super-grim? I just ain't in the mood for really dark twists or characters put through the ringer. okay, USS Callister actually gets pretty horrifying, but it's buoyed by being a rip into the nice guy trope, with a bona fide happy ending, and a tremendous performance by Cristin Milioti (who really deserves her own show, she's got loads of charisma to spare).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Wandle Cax posted:

Well that probably is his daughter since it ain't Eliza Dushku and looks about 20 years younger than her

Yeah good point, drat mobile posting. Still, the site I got it from used that as the "these two are dating" picture.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Spatula City posted:

So I hadn't bothered to watch any Black Mirror except San Junipero (heard romance and 80's pop figured heavily, must-watch), but recently I watched USS Callister and Hang the DJ. Preferred the former to the latter, but both were fun riffs on the same sort of idea, and more to the point, were less grim than the hype led me to believe about Black Mirror. Which other Black Mirror episodes aren't super-grim? I just ain't in the mood for really dark twists or characters put through the ringer. okay, USS Callister actually gets pretty horrifying, but it's buoyed by being a rip into the nice guy trope, with a bona fide happy ending, and a tremendous performance by Cristin Milioti (who really deserves her own show, she's got loads of charisma to spare).

Shut Up and Dance starts off grim but the ending pulls it together

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Medullah posted:

Yeah good point, drat mobile posting. Still, the site I got it from used that as the "these two are dating" picture.

gently caress Scientology is about to become gently caress Cults. Leah's going balls deep.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/leah-remini-returning-to-ae-to-investigate-other-cult-like-religions/

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Some more upbeat news: https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/952265886110502912

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rocksicles posted:

gently caress Scientology is about to become gently caress Cults. Leah's going balls deep.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/leah-remini-returning-to-ae-to-investigate-other-cult-like-religions/

Well this is just excellent

e: Oh man she's doing an episode on Allison Mack's sex cult, that's gonna be depressing as hell :smith: