Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

The P in Ernest P. Worrel stands for "politically incorrect"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ErlsLsCN10

This is actually subversive and critical of the ruling class; Ernest was a known leftist and sympathetic to the plight of the people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

moose face posted:

It was a good character. A loveable janitor with an 9" uncut dick. An absolute hammer.

:eyepop:

ernest is like a happy, neoliberal version of the trade unionist scrubs janitor

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

maskenfreiheit posted:

:eyepop:

ernest is like a happy, neoliberal version of the trade unionist scrubs janitor

there's little I wouldn't give to see a film called Ernest Starts A Union

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

there's little I wouldn't give to see a film called Ernest Starts A Union

At walmart

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
The villain is a district manager played by John Goodman.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbEKRSO1WkM

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rime posted:

The villain is a district manager played by John Goodman.

Nah, John Goodman should play Ernest's best friend and reluctant strike participant.

Ed Harris should be the district manager. Or Gary Sinise.

Jimby Nougats
May 6, 2009

As a child my real father figure was watching Jim Varney on endlessly rented VHS tapes

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MLIOOBE posted:

As a child my real father figure was watching Jim Varney on endlessly rented VHS tapes

he died in the 90s dude

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

he died in the 90s dude

False!

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

After he got caught masturbating in that adult theatre he was merely a husk of a man, alive only in that he ate and breathed. rip

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I always thought that Vern was actually just Bobby. When I was little, I didn't clue into the fact that, Bobby was... y'know, a totally different character. I just pictured Vern as Bobby.

Also, Eggs Erroneous.

Ernest Goes to Jail is a very close second to Ernest Goes to Camp. Nash was loving brutal. Also, that jail was some sort of hyper-surreal, hosed up jail, from what I remember of the colours, the guard uniforms, the lighting. :stare:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ok

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Ernest was cool and good, "Hey Vern, it's Ernest" was one of my fave Sat morning things to watch.

Also yeah Super Dave is alive, he's on Curb your Enthusiasm a lot including the new season.

what the gently caress!!!! thats super dave!!!! i had no idea!!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Soup du Journey posted:

what the gently caress!!!! thats super dave!!!! i had no idea!!

How could you miss that voice?

SNL did a fantastic parody of Curb, with it being about Bernie Sanders, and Tarren Killam did a perfect Marty (Bob Einstein) impression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn4tP7ogWIA

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqjUC8tDH9s

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How could you miss that voice?

SNL did a fantastic parody of Curb, with it being about Bernie Sanders, and Tarren Killam did a perfect Marty (Bob Einstein) impression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn4tP7ogWIA

i forgot what super dave sounded like!!! i dont know whats wrong with me!!!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Jim Varney looked like John Cena will look like when he's 60, just puttin it out there -Alex Jones voice

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 13, 2018

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Ernest scared stupid is the best movie ever made and i will fight you if you do not agree

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Ernest scared stupid is the best movie ever made and i will fight you if you do not agree

My best friend made me watch this when we were teenagers and it was like a PPV thing for $4 and I punched him in the thigh after it was over and he admitted it was bad

So if you want to risk a brutal thigh punch come at me

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Aesop Poprock posted:

My best friend made me watch this when we were teenagers and it was like a PPV thing for $4 and I punched him in the thigh after it was over and he admitted it was bad

Imagine you are twelve though. Also dude not cool

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

moose face posted:

Imagine you are twelve though. Also dude not cool

How is insanely owning another person's leg with a death blow until they submit to your subjective criticism of an Ernest film not cool?

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
In Ernest Goes to Jail, Ernest's evil doppelganger Nash tried to rape his girlfriend. And Ernest himself got raped by Nash's girlfriend in a deleted scene. That family movie about a criminal on death row got dark.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MachineryNoise posted:

In Ernest Goes to Jail, Ernest's evil doppelganger Nash tried to rape his girlfriend. And Ernest himself got raped by Nash's girlfriend in a deleted scene. That family movie about a criminal on death row got dark.

Who was Nash's gf in the deleted scene?

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Who was Nash's gf in the deleted scene?

No clue, but here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fqq64_2uAA

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Aesop Poprock posted:

How is insanely owning another person's leg with a death blow until they submit to your subjective criticism of an Ernest film not cool?

If someone punched me because i showed them a movie they did not like the favour would be repaid tenfold on their head

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

free hubcaps posted:

the trolls in ernest scared stupid were scary as gently caress

It gave me horrible nightmares when I was a kid. Still great though.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

moose face posted:

If someone punched me because i showed them a movie they did not like the favour would be repaid tenfold on their head

He's knocked my stupid head out before because he's a boxer and pretty much all I have is submission and grappling moves I tried to learn from mma youtube videos

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

A Persian Gulf dictator, Tufuti (Ivan Lucas), invades the country of Karifistan, subsequently plunging the United States into war. America's best soldiers respond to the call of duty. And so does good-natured bumbling yokel Ernest P. Worrell (Jim Varney). However, Ernest is anything but a conventional soldier, and he causes major military havoc. But he finds that he can help when he befriends a lost boy (Christo Davids) from Karifistan during the war.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Best Ernest movies in order:

1. Ernest Goes to Camp
2. Ernest Saves Christmas
3. Ernest Goes to Jail
4. Ernest Scared Stupid
5. Slam Dunk Ernest

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

I am Ernest P. Worrell, nazi war criminal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcEWFuzWnSI

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Miak?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Dr Otto was a bizarre rear end movie

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
One of the weirdest things to come out of the Ernest empire was the z-list redneck actors who were in them trying to strike out on their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im2TBfm49TQ

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

he died in the 90s dude

I'm glad Jim Varney didn't live to see 9/11 because he's absolutely one of those people who would have lost it afterward.

In another universe Jim Varney played Nathan Bedford Forrest in An American Carol and lectures the Michael Moore stand-in about how it's heritage and not hate.

Aesop Poprock posted:

The opening credits are pretty good at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU-G3FCNXiQ

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

moose face posted:

It was a good character. A loveable janitor with an 9" uncut dick. An absolute hammer.

loving lol

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Dr Otto was a bizarre rear end movie

It's amazingly bizarre and terrible. I highly recommend it.

He brought back Otto a lot on his Saturday morning show. IIRC it aired in the same general time that Peewee's show was on, which made for one hell of a viewing block.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I checked and he’s still p scary

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

He did anti smoking ads in the early 80s and then continued to smoke until 98 when he was diagnosed with lung cancer and succumbed to it in 2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Yes I remember Ernst Rommel, famous German general who fought for the Nazis.

• Locked thread