Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

JerikTelorian posted:

What are the stats on donations so far? How are we tracking compared to last year?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t3KTgd6Qz5c5PMPKSqdUjZmcq4EbsNPk5gGa0EIfkSo/edit?usp=sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

JerikTelorian posted:

What are the stats on donations so far? How are we tracking compared to last year?

About 15k up right now. The big thing that bumped last year was that insane rush in the final day that dumped over a million into the bank.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Zore posted:

About 15k up right now. The big thing that bumped last year was that insane rush in the final day that dumped over a million into the bank.

Yeah if I recall there was some sort of Anime pack that went over very well.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i'm unclear on if the contributions from channel subscriptions are being counted in the running total right now. anyone know if they are?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Coolguye posted:

i'm unclear on if the contributions from channel subscriptions are being counted in the running total right now. anyone know if they are?

I think historically they are not, they usually release an "actual total donation amount" after all the twitch subs and bits have been figured out.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yeah nobody else has to mention that Ori race for recommendations because holy poo poo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

KennyMan666 posted:

Yeah nobody else has to mention that Ori race for recommendations because holy poo poo

Was coming in here to post about it lol

BuckFiddy
Aug 4, 2017

LuiCypher posted:

Crossposting because it will probably get buried and die in the regular chat thread:

If you think what they managed to make the SNES do with Star Fox 2 is insane, let me introduce you to X, a spaceflight tanksim game for the Game Boy. Not Game Boy Color. Not Game Boy Advance. I mean this:

Edit: Technically it's more of a tank sim (think Battlezone) rather than a spaceflight sim, but the fact that they managed to do this on a Game Boy is pure insanity.
Fun fact: The person who programmed X is the same guy (Dylan Cuthbert) who brought us Stunt Race FX, Star Fox, and Star Fox 2.

Yo thanks for sharing. That is crazy.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's an english prototype for x and it's bizarre cause it's totally different from the japanese release and also much less playable

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
I love this supportive dude on the couch, he's awesome

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Watch the Hyperlight Drifter run to see them pet a cool dog, and also because it's a very good game that needs more recognition.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
halfcoordinated continues to be good and cool even when he's running two random games you've never heard of programmed by a total of three people.

Also if you haven't seen the documentary feature on him, put that on your YouTube watch list too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GQPuuik1q8

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Violently Car posted:

So which one is the ultimate turn-based RPG speedrun?

The FF1 one where three grown men failed to count to a specific number multiple times in a row.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I will add some more runs to my recommendation list:

- Jedi AcademFWHAHAHAHAAAA
- Cat Quest - highly ameowsing run

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Wrong chat. I’m a dunce.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

I had a fiddle about with the graphs. Tell me if the thinner lines look alright, or if the dots on the hour average and daily total ones make it too busy.

I will probably do the games individually after the week is over and I start rewatching so I can add comments for runs if anything abnormal was going on in/before/following them.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Are the halfcoordinated runs worth-

Ah who am I kidding, of course they are, I'll catch them ASAP.

BuckFiddy
Aug 4, 2017

Veib posted:

The FF1 one where three grown men failed to count to a specific number multiple times in a row.

I need this in my life

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

BuckFiddy posted:

I need this in my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCmEFZiz3P4&hd=1

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Slickdrac posted:

I had a fiddle about with the graphs. Tell me if the thinner lines look alright, or if the dots on the hour average and daily total ones make it too busy.

I will probably do the games individually after the week is over and I start rewatching so I can add comments for runs if anything abnormal was going on in/before/following them.

You should freeze the top row for the hourly pace tab so after scrolling down you don't have to remember what each column represents.

Also I'm not entirely sure what the point of keeping track of the pace is since historically tons of donations come in on the last day and blow way past it (which you can see on that tab and in the totals chart in the next tab)

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

IcePhoenix posted:

You should freeze the top row for the hourly pace tab so after scrolling down you don't have to remember what each column represents.

Also I'm not entirely sure what the point of keeping track of the pace is since historically tons of donations come in on the last day and blow way past it (which you can see on that tab and in the totals chart in the next tab)

Good call! Done.

As to the 2nd part, I don't know either :iiam:

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Edit: Wrong thread.

Jedi Academy was incredible with some of the movement tech and hype runner, strongly recommend

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

their 4 hour 'speedrun' of the game is really great though, too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I watched the Dragon Warrior run over my lunch break today. That was insane. I'm pretty sure that's going to be the top run of the event for me.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I’m excited about the lttp randomizer race tomorrow, but the Ori run is good too.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

And we have one million dollars!

:toot:

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Super Mike Tyson Punch-Out

BuckFiddy
Aug 4, 2017

Sweet thanks!

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
So without knowing it, I drove through Halfcoordinated's hometown on Wednesday. Just realized it watching his documentary.

e: Hey, this isn't the chat thread.

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 13, 2018

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
You can discuss stuff in here, it's just meant to be a less spammy/TVIV thread compared to the other one.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I Greyhound posted:

So without knowing it, I drove through Halfcoordinated's hometown on Wednesday. Just realized it watching his documentary.

e: Hey, this isn't the chat thread.

flatluigi posted:

You can discuss stuff in here, it's just meant to be a less spammy/TVIV thread compared to the other one.

Yup. If you're familiar with SAS, this is the N/V thread. The other thread is the GDT thread.

Also, could someone do me a favor and watch Mass Effect tomorrow? I loved that game, and I have to work during it.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
How accurate is the schedule? Do they wait in-between games to make games start when scheduled, or do they slowly pull ahead over the course of the day or whatever?

Mainly asking because I want set like an alarm for when they start Zelda later today, and I want to make sure I don't miss any of it. If I were to set a time for like, 6:30 (-7 GMT), would that be a safe bet (it's scheduled for 6:37), or should I check in sooner than that?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

PureRok posted:

How accurate is the schedule? Do they wait in-between games to make games start when scheduled, or do they slowly pull ahead over the course of the day or whatever?

Mainly asking because I want set like an alarm for when they start Zelda later today, and I want to make sure I don't miss any of it. If I were to set a time for like, 6:30 (-7 GMT), would that be a safe bet (it's scheduled for 6:37), or should I check in sooner than that?

They adjust the schedule. I would probably try to get up earlier than that just in case, but they do occasionally get behind schedule.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

PureRok posted:

Games get run as they're ready. The schedule tends to shift, though not by a definite direction - setup times run long and runs turn in below estimate, in general. Usually setup runs longer than runs go short, so the schedule is slowly pushed back, but the opposite can happen. There aren't that many runs between now and then but you'd probably want to get up a half an hour early at least.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of setup time, have any of the "bid this much so we replace the setup with ______ game" ever fail? Are they just forced to do a thirty to hour setup while waiting on the next game on the list?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rirse posted:

Speaking of setup time, have any of the "bid this much so we replace the setup with ______ game" ever fail? Are they just forced to do a thirty to hour setup while waiting on the next game on the list?

Some have in the past. They just use the time to fix the schedule, like right now they're running 3 or so hours behind. If a setup block didn't get met they'd just make up an hour there and get closer to the original schedule.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

We now have our own emote. :emptyquote: It's made how you think it's made.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

The Lobster posted:

We now have our own emote. :emptyquote: It's made how you think it's made.

Okay okay lets be real here we have TWO emotes :emptyquote: and :emptyquote: they were made how you think they were made.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Fat and Useless posted:

Okay okay lets be real here we have TWO emotes :emptyquote: and :emptyquote: they were made how you think they were made.

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Fat and Useless posted:

• Locked thread