Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Echophonic posted:

Wish I hadn't been slacking on the raid, pulled Ray Jack on my half pull and Barusa on a 4* ticket. Oh well, neither really have critical TMRs.

I pulled Barusa today on my half price, and his TMR is actually pretty good if you didn't get a 9S.

Party-wide damage mitigation is always good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Gumi will have 7*s be exclusive units that only the top players from a raid will receive

just adapt this to FFBE
I kinda want this unironically if only to try to be up there without spending a dime (impossible).
I have seen games that reward premium currency and stuff to the top rankers in arena, so it just makes the rich get richer. It's the greatest form of whale bait really.

Office Thug posted:

Welp. There's nothing good on this banner, just don't bother with it.

And none of them, whatsoever, have TMRs you'd really want. Jiraiyas would be better than Prishe' Hat in some limited cases for ATK, and I guess could lead to better gimmick 100% evade units, but that's loving it. PG Lassworm's TMR is maybe ok too since it's 30% general ATK with 30% HP and a tiny morsel of LB gauge boost attached. Everything else is complete garbage,
You would be correct on that last part except the headband is not even a hat, it's an accessory.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

HGH posted:

You would be correct on that last part except the headband is not even a hat, it's an accessory.

What's up with this game's obsession of making hats into accessories?

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Ice_Headband

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

HGH posted:

Oh god drat it why does this game treat HEAD bands like accessories. I'll fix that, but man that just makes it completely poo poo then.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
The same kind of game that would name three Rods: 'Staff of Blizzards', 'Iridal Staff' and 'Striking Staff'.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Game must have sensed it was too generous on my 5 stars pulls cause it's served up hot poo for a while now.

40 straight blues outside a +1 yellow and poo poo tier blues at that.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

This is a great post, thanks.

Thank you.

I'll put up a statistics post asap for the upcoming event once it gets datamined. In the meantimeI've been farming the Chamber of Gems and actually getting a lot of T4s from that with a 4 Xon + Cape party, so I might just keep farming that and do some data collecting of my own for it. The possible explanations I have so far are:

- Xons and Cape(s) do stack in the chamber and everyone, myself included, is just full of poo poo.

- Xons and Cape(s) don't stack but the cape's 100% buff is overriding Xon's inferior 50% buff, which is making a significant difference in drop rates for T3s and T4s.

- I'm experiencing dumb luck.

I guess I'll know in about a week, should be the amount of time it will take me to get these remaining Power Giancrysts.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

dangerous.hotdog posted:

What's up with this game's obsession of making hats into accessories?

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Ice_Headband

It's so you can kick it, like a karate guy. Kiai!

Now I'm in three cowboy hats.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I really dont think that 7* will be a cluster gently caress do to the fact that we are actually ahead of the curve when it comes to certain things like 5* tickets. It all depends if gumi goes full retard by not offering any more tickets or guaranteed pulls or greatly accelerates the release of 7* for no loving reason.

And yeah the banner is absolute trash. KQ was bad, but you could argue about free TMRs because of the raid going on and at least kaliva's and basura's being ok. Nothing in this coming banner is good.

It really, really isn't unless you feel that you HAVE TO HAVE AN ENTIRE PARTY OF 7*s OR ELSE MY TRASH SELF WONT CLEAR ANY CONTENT.

7*s are easily a net plus. They closed the gap of worthwhile characters, introduced some cool mechanics, aren't at all difficult to get if you've been playing for a while. And STMRs ended up being pretty big farts and not the apocalyptic money grab people were expecting. There is absolutely no rush to get any of them, being mostly bigger stat sticks.

I agree that they aren’t necessary off the bat. I’m at like 12 already with probably 4 or 5 stmrs waiting for me by the time 7* rolls out. I’ve been absurdly lucky, though, and making it reliant on dupes is still pretty lovely. It could be worse, but it’s still lovely because it makes actually getting a worthwhile new unit, at some point, incredibly obnoxious. If you don’t have any 7* whatsoever - great. You can pull a single rainbow of new unit type and be golden. If you’re trying to replace (x role) that you already have a 7* for, then rainbows are half a unit plus a TMR.

Not saying it’s the end of the world. There are gradients between *perfect* *fine* and *garbage fire* even though it doesn’t feel like it in hyperbolic land some times. They’re not required now, but they will be eventually. And at the same time they’re basically reverting the rainbow change while making double-5 banners even more diluted and lovely.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I hope they dont actually make unit of choice tickets take half a year to accumulate because within those 6 months the 7* meta will have shown up and just spending that long for just one unit you would already need a copy of or one 1/4th of a super tmr is holy gently caress level of terrible.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
So, are we supposed to get our enhancement batch tonight or next week? I know event content cycles on Thursday nights but we usually have enhancements and awakenings right after maintenance. I was kinda hoping to blow all my support crysts on Ramza while the raid event was still going.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

sounds like 7* are going great!! https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7psql9/my_findingsissues_with_the_current_7_star_system/

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

hamburgers in pockets posted:

So, are we supposed to get our enhancement batch tonight or next week? I know event content cycles on Thursday nights but we usually have enhancements and awakenings right after maintenance. I was kinda hoping to blow all my support crysts on Ramza while the raid event was still going.

I think the prophets say "next week," citing they usually come mid-month.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Put my Lasswell up, in case anyone wants to try him out.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I hate it when Black Magic Banned happens in PVP, since I make it a habitual demand that I always use Rydia in it.
So Ima see how going with full attack and Bushido Freedom on her goes. Its hitting surprisingly decent.

E:Oh surprise Maintenance
Man get your poo poo together Gumi

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 12, 2018

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Edit: Turns out I'm an idiot who can't read

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Are all the CG units in the pool or limited time once they come out?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

hagie posted:

Are all the CG units in the pool or limited time once they come out?

They’re permanent.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Anyone blown through the story event yet? Is the last boss weak to physical, magic, or does it have some other gimmick of note?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I'm just waiting for the emergency maintenance to be done already.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Maintenance done. CG Lassworm try-out thing gives two free Tickets which is cool! Try to get Barusa if you didn't get him yet and don't have Wilhelm.

No info on the event yet for farming crysts but I'll plow through it today to see how easy it is to farm.

Edit: Story event has an extra mission each stage that gives Lapis. Total lapis you get from doing all of them is 3500. That is extremely nice!

BUT bad news is that the 15 NRG route gives W B G H crysts, which means that the 75 NRG route (second best place to farm T4s but much easier than 90 NRG, usually) will also be W B G H. So if you need T4 Power/Tech you're stuck with the last 90 NRG route, which may or may not be hot bullshit to farm.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 12, 2018

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Office Thug posted:

Maintenance done. CG Lassworm try-out thing gives two free Tickets which is cool! Try to get Barusa if you didn't get him yet and don't have Wilhelm.

Two free tickets is always awesome. I already have Wilhelm and pulled Barusa the other day. Should I bother with him or just keep on using Wilhelm? Or is it really situational depending on units held. I have Mystea too and I hear she and Barusa might be a good combo.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

jiffynuts posted:

Two free tickets is always awesome. I already have Wilhelm and pulled Barusa the other day. Should I bother with him or just keep on using Wilhelm? Or is it really situational depending on units held. I have Mystea too and I hear she and Barusa might be a good combo.

Barusa can give Mystea a 25% Magic Damage Reduction buff, which stacks with both Mystea's LB general damage reduction buff and her Wall's damage mitigation buff. So if you need Mystea to do her thing even better, Barusa is a very valuable dinosaur that can make that happen. Apart from that, Barusa can do pretty much everything you want out of a tank. He can provoke tank like a champ, just like Wilhelm, or cover tank very well too if he's not competing for party coverage with Mystea.

The fun thing about having both Barusa and Wilhelm is their BiS gear is identical. You just swap the set from one to another if you need to switch.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

G-G-Global is a different game, and

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I am glad to hear a tiny dino is good

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I already covered just about everything he mentioned in my previous post and I think the only actual point he has is that rolling for 7*s as they come out is poo poo because that odd on banner rainbow pull you get from a daily is devalued. But guess what, that means not spending money on those banners is good. Subsist on old 5*s 7*s erry day dont give gumi more money

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shoenin posted:

I am glad to hear a tiny dino is good

He's cool looking too.

Pretty happy I got a second staff of blizzard along with one of each of the others. Now if only more kaliva tm mogs would drop... Go well with the complete lack of equipable abilities I have.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I already covered just about everything he mentioned in my previous post and I think the only actual point he has is that rolling for 7*s as they come out is poo poo because that odd on banner rainbow pull you get from a daily is devalued. But guess what, that means not spending money on those banners is good. Subsist on old 5*s 7*s erry day dont give gumi more money

i think that future 5*s having incomplete kits is a new and extremely lovely bit of development that hasnt been discussed before.

Mustached Demon posted:

He's cool looking too.

Pretty happy I got a second staff of blizzard along with one of each of the others. Now if only more kaliva tm mogs would drop... Go well with the complete lack of equipable abilities I have.

i have two 100% kaliva mogs and i have only finished tobys TM and barusa is at like, 80%. rng!~! oh and obviously i have two barusa and no kaliva.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

i think that future 5*s having incomplete kits is a new and extremely lovely bit of development that hasnt been discussed before.

i have two 100% kaliva mogs and i have only finished tobys TM and barusa is at like, 80%. rng!~! oh and obviously i have two barusa and no kaliva.

It really depends on what you mean by "incomplete" as a whole because most of the new 5*s additions as 7*s are basically the same thing current 5*s get in their 7* form. W attacks, TDH/eDW, enhanced damage on 6* skills and big gently caress off nukes on cooldowns.

Really, go through reddits unit page and look at the new 5*s 7* form and contrast them to older ones. They are very similar in execution. Ignis is really the big outlier since he NEEDS his 7*s TM ability to gain the flexibility he needs to be competitive with other bards/dancers/strategists

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I do agree with his comment about how step-ups seem to have shifted from the Seph/Lila & Rinoa/Squall step-ups, to the CG Raegan 11k versions which don't seem nearly as valuable.

But that also has nothing to do with the 7* system, and is a step-up banner design complaint.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Is there an up-to-date chaining database or something somewhere one can consult?

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Is there an up-to-date chaining database or something somewhere one can consult?

I assume you want a big list to look at, and not the macro-creating website?
The reddit list seems to be updated frequently: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/chokmdchains

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PDQ Law posted:

I assume you want a big list to look at, and not the macro-creating website?
The reddit list seems to be updated frequently: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/chokmdchains

Thank you, bookmarked!

Reberta's Mystic Thrust and Kaede's Halberd Dance chain perfectly. Kaede also has Samurai Princess' Order, which has a longer windup.

More 10-chainers are always good!

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

1/2 price daily got me a Rainbow descending from the clouds! And inside, Jiraiya. A unit I will level but probably not use, because I seem to be at the point where I always have some cactaurs comin' in, but I am mainly interested in that TMR. I don't see why they couldn't make its DW a little more useful - 2x katanas only? Couldn't be a Katana and a Sword or something? Still I'll still let Noctis use it to be badder rear end at what he does - meta or not he's become a mainstay in my party for versatility and his convenient breaks, and I bet I can get his mag to 500 with his Atk at 1K or more with that...

One of these days maybe I will pull an Ayaka

Agreed fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jan 13, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Man, my on banner drop rates recently have been something else :stare:

I'm 0/5 on this banner and I think out of my last 40-50 pulls I've only gotten 5 on banner units.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I really haven't felt any motivation to pull recently. I'm currently sitting on over a hundred tickets and 30k+ of lapis and just farming cactuars between the story event.

Maybe February will provide me with something worth pulling. Cupid Jake? Veritas of the Heart?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

I finished the Story Event and it was a great run-through for several reasons but I'm not sure if it's going to be all that farmable with a 3-4 Xon party if you want Power/Tech T4s.

Notable things:
- Each stage has a 50 Lapis mission. Along with clear bonuses, the total Lapis from the story event adds up to 3500. That's just fantastic!
- By the end of the story event, you will actually have TWO of each T5 cryst, along with two of each T4 (just from missions, not loot).
- None of the bosses are really all that bad. The final 90 NRG boss is an all-physical type that doesn't hit all that hard if you break his ATK.

Farming things:
- For Power / Tech T4s, your best farm spot is the final 90 NRG route "The Thespian and the Warrior"
- The boss of that encounter has 2 mil HP, is Human, and cannot be DEF/SPR broken: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Ettin
- The boss buffs himself every turn. So it might be possible to have Xon steal his buffs to neutralize his damage?

I'll wait until someone datamines the loot statistics before I make any conclusions about how worthwhile this is to farm. It is definitely worth going through once for all the goodies you get though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I really haven't felt any motivation to pull recently. I'm currently sitting on over a hundred tickets and 30k+ of lapis and just farming cactuars between the story event.

Maybe February will provide me with something worth pulling. Cupid Jake? Veritas of the Heart?

Dont pull on this banner and pull on the FFIX if you want bonus units to farm with. Neither Beatrix or Eiko are worth pulling hard for unless you are really hurting for a hybrid damage finisher or summoner.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've gotten two rainbows from this banner, second Noctis and Merc Ramza. I guess they're better than getting Jiraiya, but as someone who actually wants CG Lasswell it's a little annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Office Thug posted:

I finished the Story Event and it was a great run-through for several reasons but I'm not sure if it's going to be all that farmable with a 3-4 Xon party if you want Power/Tech T4s.

Notable things:
- Each stage has a 50 Lapis mission. Along with clear bonuses, the total Lapis from the story event adds up to 3500. That's just fantastic!
- By the end of the story event, you will actually have TWO of each T5 cryst, along with two of each T4 (just from missions, not loot).
- None of the bosses are really all that bad. The final 90 NRG boss is an all-physical type that doesn't hit all that hard if you break his ATK.

Farming things:
- For Power / Tech T4s, your best farm spot is the final 90 NRG route "The Thespian and the Warrior"
- The boss of that encounter has 2 mil HP, is Human, and cannot be DEF/SPR broken: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Ettin
- The boss buffs himself every turn. So it might be possible to have Xon steal his buffs to neutralize his damage?

I'll wait until someone datamines the loot statistics before I make any conclusions about how worthwhile this is to farm. It is definitely worth going through once for all the goodies you get though.

My current bottleneck is T1 and T3 crysts For Soleil (I have two of her dances maxed out, and everything else at +1,) one of my Orlandeus (need the second level of Black Lion Crest,) WoL (Brave Presence is at +2 and the other lady at +1,) and Ramza, I seem to have plenty of T4 and T5 crysts from doing each story event and buying the ones I'm getting low on from King Mog, and I have a disgusting glut of T2 crysts from the daily shop bundles.

I wish they would put T1 and T3 crysts up for sale as a daily thing too, since T4 and T5 are meant to be the power roadblocks.

Anyway... if I wanted T4 and T5 as a bonus to the other three kinds, farming the story is still a great idea, I assume?

• Locked thread