Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Man, I hope this dude gets shot.

Or stabbed, stabbed works too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

howe_sam posted:

Nice fuckin' call

e: or stabbed, whatever

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

howe_sam posted:

Well. Not SHOT, but.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Hey, it's that plot point!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Preview:

SHOTGUN AXE BAYBEEEEE

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
How does this show keep topping itself?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

GLOSS posted:

It was Gravitonium, whether it was actually the Gravitonium that he turned into it is still in question...

Graviton gonna show up in this bitch. :getin: Shield writers playing the long game.

I thought Jemma slit Kree guy's neck last week, guess not. Hahah.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So you can just pull Jemma's implant out? Just like that no big deal? :eng99:

I'm surprised there isn't a station wide lockdown they can activate for the human wrist implants. Just pin everyone to any surface or turn on the pain.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I really hope the next pod doesn't feature any bunkers because the show has become monotonous as hell to look at. Still love the acting and the overall direction of the story but I remember this show being visually way more interesting. I know the budget cuts are deep but it really is starting to show. Kasius is turning out to be way more interesting than I expected which is nice.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

So you can just pull Jemma's implant out? Just like that no big deal? :eng99:

I'm surprised there isn't a station wide lockdown they can activate for the human wrist implants. Just pin everyone to any surface or turn on the pain.

I would be okay with elements lifted from Fortress, or, in this case, Fortress 2: Re-Entry.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Making the Kree space Romans was a masterstroke.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Wow, Mack lost a daughter, but gained (kinda) a son. Cute. Very shippy though -- he's an inhuman, like Yoyo, making her a pseudo mother as well -- but I don't mind it.

Also, sweet Gravitonium. I guess they'll end up taking some back into the past with Deke's portable generator thingy. They're definitely going somewhere with that, right?

Rocksicles posted:

Making the Kree space Romans was a masterstroke.

This. Kasius is a space aged consul, complete with the slave pit and the bisexuality. Love what they're doing with the character, and the stuff with his scar and complexion.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Open Source Idiom posted:

This. Kasius is a space aged consul, complete with the slave pit and the bisexuality. Love what they're doing with the character, and the stuff with his scar and complexion.

He's even named Cassius, who killed Caesar and took over Rome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I just realized that AoS has looped around to become my most anticipated comic book show, ahead of all the CW shows which is a total flip. I was probably the biggest hater of this show at one point and now it's my favorite. Who knew.

totally gay for Hunter

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Audibly gasped at the gravitonium reveal

That kid is loving awesome

"Mr. and Mrs. Boba Fett"

Couldn't stop laughing at Fitz getting indignant

When the hell is Phil going to do something cool with his Iron man hand?!?!?!?

I really like the ultra heel turn of the bad guys back stabbing the bad guys. I'm really into the villains this season. :allears:

I seriously cannot wait for Mack to get his Shotgun Axe because you know he's going to lead a rebellion and gently caress every Kree up

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
The fact that they revealed the Gravitonium this episode pretty much confirms to me that it's related to the cause of the Earth's destruction. There's basically no reason to show it at this point other than to say, "Hey, remember this thing from season 1? It still exists and we haven't forgotten about it!"

My prediction is that Guy Who Fell Into Gravitonium finally gets out of it in the present with Gravitonium Powers and somehow gets into a fight with Daisy, and their powers meeting is what actually destroys the Earth. Daisy just gets all the blame for it because she wins the fight, and GWFIG is too dead for anyone to pay attention.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I really like that the planet still has atmosphere because it definitely wouldn't lose all of it instantly (only eventually). It's a nice little nerd detail. :)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

When the hell is Phil going to do something cool with his Iron man hand?!?!?!?

He wasn't wearing his Inspector Gadget hand, didn't want them getting it when he was taken. Just a basic robotic prosthetic perfectly indistinguishable from a normal hand.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Wait when did that gravity stuff get mentioned? I must have missed that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

cant cook creole bream posted:

Wait when did that gravity stuff get mentioned? I must have missed that.

When daisy, fitz and gemma were running from that geezer in the steam room,

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

They've mentioned gravity storms a few times, which wouldn't make sense if the earth was just turbofucked by Daisy, so there is definitely some gravitonium fuckery at play.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
You know, I kinda like the blue ball woman now. So far she acted like she was some kind of mute, but she simply uses exactly the amount of necessary words. So when she decides to speak, it's really important.
"By whose hands did he die?"
"My own."

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Is it just me or does the Kree makeup get worse with every episode?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Autism Sneaks posted:

Cassius' look seems to be actual makeup. Somewhere at the end of the episode he put his hand on his cheek and made a mess of it.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can I just say I'm still calling it, their father is Thanos.

They've referenced their father too many times for it not to be the case at this point.

Rhyno posted:

So I just realized that AoS has looped around to become my most anticipated comic book show, ahead of all the CW shows which is a total flip. I was probably the biggest hater of this show at one point and now it's my favorite. Who knew.

The show legitimately has had a crazy upward trajectory and the last few seasons have been absolutely aces.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Audibly gasped at the gravitonium reveal

That kid is loving awesome

I was like "good call on the gravitonium!" from the thread. I'm really glad they're bringing that thread back.

Also yeah, this is how you do not annoying kids. He hosed up being a kid, sure, but he's already got a body count of 2 and has no plans to stop it sounds like and he's been an inhuman for like an hour.

Autism Sneaks posted:

I think it's because you have Kree characters wearing Kree makeup. Like, the characters themselves are wearing makeup.

It's easy to mistake for being bad Kree makeup but all the soldiers look really good. Cassius is like the kind of guy who would wear a powdered face and that's why his brother thinks he's an rear end in a top hat.

ED: I actually felt a slight bit bad for his champion. Sure he was a crazy human slaughtering madman, but his sporting approach to using human weapons and his super professionalism made him a very interesting Kree.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jan 13, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I think he did that to avoid Kree retaliating by genociding the remaining humans. Even if they undo it all by going back to the present, it's not something you want on your conscience.

I disagree. I think he had an Icer because he happened to have access to Icers at the end, and he was going into a situation with a ton of human slaves, inhuman hostages, etc. If you can only bring one gun into a situation where you may very well have to start shooting slaves in the head, a non-lethal approach is the way to go.

I mean from Fitz's perspective, he wasn't really there to get revenge on anybody from the get go, just get his people out. Icer does that as good as bullets without the pesky need to worry about shooting (in)humans.

ED: I really don't think Fitz has any problem with killing Kree at this point either. It's not like the thing was a phaser he could have swapped back to a kill setting by the time he was in there deep.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

J33uk posted:

I really hope the next pod doesn't feature any bunkers because the show has become monotonous as hell to look at. Still love the acting and the overall direction of the story but I remember this show being visually way more interesting. I know the budget cuts are deep but it really is starting to show. Kasius is turning out to be way more interesting than I expected which is nice.

In my opinion what they needed to do was paint some bright rear end walls. It'd fit the current look of Marvel space and help the look immensely for, again, some buckets of bright paint.

If all the gray corridors were rusty red and brown with off-blue lighting it'd look a lot better without really breaking any budgets IMO.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Cassius' look seems to be actual makeup. Somewhere at the end of the episode he put his hand on his cheek and made a mess of it.

That's absolutely the case.

Also it was only this episode that I got that the weird bumps all over the Kree character's faces aren't weird alien tumours, or whatever. They're scars -- which means that Kasius is the only Kree we've met who isn't marked, hence his apparent love for unblemished skin.

He's also the only Kree who uses white makeup, except Sinara, who whites up her face as a sign of loyalty. (All of Kasius' brother's people have blacked up eyes.)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Isn't that Kree blood?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm shocked that Jemma's implant turned out to just be something you could painfully pull out with some tweezers.

Also thank god Enoch wasn't on the ship, that's such a relief.

drat, I thought that was Bobbi and Hunter at the end, I totally wasn't expecting Robin.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

RareAcumen posted:

drat, I thought that was Bobbi and Hunter at the end, I totally wasn't expecting Robin.

Who was Robin again? I drew a complete blank at the end of the episode.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Phenotype posted:

She's the little girl, she was holding the bird.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

They've referenced their father too many times for it not to be the case at this point.

That's stupid. He's just some important Kree ruler, who gave his sons severe confidence issues.
The reason they keep bringing him up is that this whole fraternal conflict wouldn't make sense without someone they want to impress.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Blazing Ownager posted:

She's the little girl, she was holding the bird.

I inferred that from context, but I don't remember when there was a little girl holding a bird or what her deal was.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phenotype posted:

I inferred that from context, but I don't remember when there was a little girl holding a bird or what her deal was.

We last saw her 2 episodes ago when Fitz escaped military prison and had to figure out how to get to the future

Teek posted:

Graviton gonna show up in this bitch. :getin: Shield writers playing the long game.

Yeah I get that feeling as well. The whole plot of this future series 'pod' revolved around Robin, a minor character originally seen for less than a minute in s 3 ep 15, so it's a pretty good bet that they might base the other 'pods' around other minor characters that we haven't seen for years.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 13, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Phenotype posted:

I am a bit fuzzy on the details, but I'll try to remind you.

We first saw her, around the time her dad died. He was the guy who would get flashes of the future (mostly death). I think he was abducted by Hive, but its been a while.
Later on, at the start of the previous season, when Quake was going rogue and robbing banks, she gave Robin and her mother some money to support them. I believe she also handed her the bird from her father.
Now this season, when Fitz met Enoch, they saw those child drawings of the future. These visions where also the reason Enoch decided to bring Coulson and the gang to the future. So they went over to the child who drew those, to question her about that. Incidentally, that was Robin.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Phenotype posted:

She's the daughter of the hobo inhuman that Daisy couldn't save back in Season 3. She's been mentioned a lot, particularly when Quake went on the run (because Daisy would stop by occasionally to offer money and stuff).

Also she literally turned up two episodes ago?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Phenotype posted:

The future-seer, drew the picture of the two agents in Enoch's kitchen with one eating an apple. They were the ones interrogating Fitz.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

Not a chance. The movie side of the MCU has likely made him off limits.

To extend the Roman metaphor, Kasius's father most likely the equivalent a powerful martial Senator or even the figure-head ruler for the Prime Intelligence. His importance so far is nothing more than backstory for Kasius. I doubt we'll ever even learn his name. (I have no idea where the Prime Intelligence is in all this --probably won't be mentioned).

Either way, Kasius are Sinara are both going to die sooner or later never leaving the poo poo-hole frontier they've been exiled to. This pod is wrapping up with ep 10, so they'll probably be zapped back to the present time with the mission of figuring out what the poo poo caused that future they visited.

SPECULATION:

Pod 2 - discovering Gravitonium was what caused the shattering of earth while dodging Military–industrial complex since they were probably looking to weaponize it.

Pod 3 - Graviton is the ultimate Big Bad whose actions caused the shattering.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blazing Ownager posted:

Thanos is an Eternal, he doesn't make kids, he nicks them.