Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
When I started to explain the forums to mine he seemed to get even more bored than normal, but when I got to memes (aka "image macros" as we know them) his eyes lit up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I don't go to a therapist because I'm not all hosed up

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Jesus christ no, man you gotta keep some things to yourself.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
I have wondered if constant staring into the abyss has affected my mental health over the years.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
No, I try to keep personal details to myself.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I chose the thread icon, Stone Cold Steve Austin coming out of the shadows, as a symbol. If you haven't discussed being a goon with your therapist perhaps it's time to have that talk.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

in 2006 or 2007 i told a gf i was reading something here

she read fark

btich

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Why do you think that is?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Do therapists have free pizza like planet fitness or anything

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Otherwise i dont realy see fhe point

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

null posted:

Why do you think that is?

I grew up very poor so everything seems very awesome now

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
No, but I had to explain to her, over multiple sessions, about the inherit racism in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I'm not sure she agreed so I stopped going.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

No, but I had to explain to her, over multiple sessions, about the inherit racism in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I'm not sure she agreed so I stopped going.

A therapist who isn't woke to such basic truths can't help you

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i ran into my therapist on okcupid once

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
If your therapist isn't the bottom of a beer glass then I don't know what to say to you.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
My therapy sessions are more like coffee clatches where we talk about the latest forums dramas.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I don't think I have mentioned my Forums posting to my shrink. Maybe on a subconscious level I'm afraid that if he read my funny, incisive and intelligent posts, he'd immediately decide that I'm too balanced to keep seeing him.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
on my more paranoid days i think maybe some of the mr robot "i doxed my therapist stuff" is based on my life

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Good Lord no

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

maskenfreiheit posted:

i ran into my therapist on okcupid once

sever

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

85% match, and the only thing dropping it to that was I was more into casual stuff. she was good about not answering any juicy questions publicly sadly, so it was all boring things like "do you enjoy hiking? yes/no".

i was smart enough to do it in invisible mode at least

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

null posted:

When I started to explain the forums to mine he seemed to get even more bored than normal, but when I got to memes (aka "image macros" as we know them) his eyes lit up.

Did you mention SWAP.avi? That will be good for a session.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I don't have a therapist, but if I did I bet they'd say "I don't care about your nerd bullshit. Now tell me if you think the ink blot on this cue card looks like a vagina."

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
No, but my rapist does.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Things I hide from my therapist: my goon status, my true levels of alcohol consumption, and my desire to kill myself.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
I think that's one of the things that triggers the duty to report.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Cnut the Great posted:

I think that's one of the things that triggers the duty to report.

only if you post in fyad

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Same except I'm really hosed up

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
"I just try to express myself and post but all they say is 'suck my dang dick' and make fun of me."

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just print out a few pages of gbs and specifically ask for qualudes and they ususally write a gently caress off amount prescription with refills so they don’t have to put up with my poo poo. :smug:

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I found out my girlfriend reads reddit. Is it time to sender?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

My therapist is goons.

• Locked thread