Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Today I resubbed to FFXIV and entirely by chance stumbled into someone doing a live concert in one of the hub cities using the in-game musical instrument, that was really cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I know right? I mean, nowadays it'd just be a lovely virtual pet mobile game with gacha elements but drat if the chao garden wasn't the best thing to come out of the sonic adventure series

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I spent ages making godlike Evil and Good chaos that could win every race. At some point I stopped playing SA2 for the sonic part and just cared about the chao stuff

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
One time I used cheats to max out a chao's stats just to see what max possible running, flying, power, etc would look like. When it came time to try out cheated maxed flying, the chao was so good at flying that at the start of each race he would take off and never actually land, forcing me to exit the race and accept a loss.

He was too good. Too strong.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I posted in a chat thread a while back about my flying chao lieutenant dan, named so because I gave him a ghost and his legs vanished, and I'm happy to report that after posting he went on to clean out all those flailing children weighed down by their legs in the rest of the races

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Today I resubbed to FFXIV and entirely by chance stumbled into someone doing a live concert in one of the hub cities using the in-game musical instrument, that was really cool
its very cool and I'm glad people are doing good things with it, like outside of the first day there's barely anyone just trying to annoy people with atonal bullshit, people just want to entertain

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

homeless snail posted:

its very cool and I'm glad people are doing good things with it, like outside of the first day there's barely anyone just trying to annoy people with atonal bullshit, people just want to entertain

I should look up videos of this but I really don't want the mmo bug to bite again right now, with path of exile eating all my time now and mh world in a few weeks

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just realized how hosed up it is that Rainbow Six Siege doesn't offer you the classic themes as music replacements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiSTywA6fHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of8UYlIBAyQ

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
man i spent so much goddamn drat in that chao garden

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

just played a gig and all I'm thinkin about is breeding chao as eggman.

"yosh"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The Colonel posted:

well i just beat sonic adventure 2 for the third time in my life so i don't think there's anything left to plan

but i'll just do whatever and watch another episode of sailor moon i guess

you don't beat sa2 until A ranking green hill zone

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Expect My Mom posted:

that is not entirely inaccurate to how the tv show depicted battles honestly

if anyone was curious as to why Liu Bei threw his son on the ground, iirc it was a show of love to his friend because Guan Yu could never be replaced, but he could have another son

It's funny how Liu Bei is the closest thing RotTK has to a protagonist, but as a westerner who isn't invested in the literature or the history he just seems like a colossal dumbass and the clear loser of the era.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Anyone got any good plans for Saturday?

I am going to play Tree of Savior and then meet up with the girlfriend and spend time with her for the rest of the weekend.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I am going to play Tree of Savior and then meet up with the girlfriend and spend time with her for the rest of the weekend.

Cool. That's that game by the ragnarok online people yeah? I think that's what it was called at least.

I dunno if it's any good or if it'd be my cup of tea but I hope you have fun with it as well as with your gf, hopefully the weather in your area will be treat you well :D

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm gonna Splatfest today. Missed Sweaters V Socks so this will be my first

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yesterday me and my friend who play through VNs/Telltale like games together started playing Dangit Ron Paul. We got though the first two trials and it seems really fuckin dope so far.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I know right? I mean, nowadays it'd just be a lovely virtual pet mobile game with gacha elements but drat if the chao garden wasn't the best thing to come out of the sonic adventure series

I'd still play it tho

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

goferchan posted:

I'm gonna Splatfest today. Missed Sweaters V Socks so this will be my first
good luck, i've been getting Absolutely Stomped this morning

might get back to Fire Emblem today but I dont want to have an Anxiety Attack

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I spent a few hours playing Dissidia NT and I think I'm going to buy it, just not right away. I really like the system so far and I love how the battle chat options seem thematic for each character. Like Cloud and Squall have short, terse chats while the character from XIV and Ramza speak in more flowery language. I know the demo doesn't cover everything but it seems to at least show options that will be in the final game, which has me worried. I don't see the Labyrinth/RPG mode that was in 012, and there's no where to see what a characters X attacks or unique skill are before playing, and even then the skill doesn't have a description. Some are obvious, like Cecil changing from paladin to dark knight, but some seem like buffs and I'd like to know their specifics. There's also no menu for equipment, which was pretty important in the previous games. The RPG mode and the equipment options are what give the game a lot of its depth, so if they aren't in the final game I don't know what would keep me engaged for the long term.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah no RPG mode means I doubt I'll pick it up which is a bummer because I loved the PSP games. I understand that this is an arcade port so it's much more streamlined, but I guess just the fighting mechanics alone for me aren't enough to keep me into Dissidia, I want the whole goofy package with RPG character development and party building and equipment and poo poo

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

how are we getting this weird rear end game and there's still no pokemon snap 2 after 17 years

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Time to integrate the phrase "most unfavorite" into my daily life.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rip 80's instruction manuals

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you're not even close to baseline, master higgins

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

fire (unbeatable)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
gg no re... some stupid rear end in a top hat set off the nuclear attack alert on hawaii's network by accident lol

i need to get out of this shithole state

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I don't know what 80s Japan's obsession with eggplant was.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Cool. That's that game by the ragnarok online people yeah? I think that's what it was called at least.

I dunno if it's any good or if it'd be my cup of tea but I hope you have fun with it as well as with your gf, hopefully the weather in your area will be treat you well :D

Yep, it was created by a lot of the same people that worked on Ragnarok Online. It's not a bad action MMORPG, but it needs a team that is able to give it more attention and polish. The playerbase is very small though so I don't think the game is going to really grow that much. Although it did just recently get an update that upped the level cap and added new classes.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

al-azad posted:

it looks like a dick, op

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

🍆🍆🍆🍆

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

al-azad posted:

https://japantoday.com/category/features/food/eggplant-most-hated-vegetable-among-kids

Its still reviled by kids there

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sichuan Spicy Eggplant and Minced Pork is such a good dish.

Kids have trash palates

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's been replaced by bell peppers as 'thing Japanese kids hate to eat' but you still get a classic ref every now and then, like in Neptunia.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

gently caress you waler you piece of poo poo

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Turns out you can dictate the value of OCTs by the color of their skin. The difference is 100pts. Brutal.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The disadvantage to playing through Dragon Grandpa with my friend is I kind of want to keep playing, but can't in good conscience do so until we meet up again, which ins't happening for like another two weeks.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

The disadvantage to playing through Dragon Grandpa with my friend is I kind of want to keep playing, but can't in good conscience do so until we meet up again, which ins't happening for like another two weeks.

still better than reading the lets play thread and realizing the goon collective is actually solving each mystery weeks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

think up more new malapropisms for the name instead

• Locked thread