Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Out drinking tonight, Bif please submit my orders for prelim and I'll input. But if it's late I'm defaulting to my own discretion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

TMMadman posted:

Haha I just noticed we are fighting in No Mans Land.

Ma is afraid to come back into Mexico!

Prince, I'm afraid I forgot about your background in the last battle. I tried to be more thoughtful this time.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Ma/Bif, I'm fine with tight spaces and open-air battlefields, either works fer me - it's the artillery i'm leery of. Ain't much ya can do if a piece of grapeshot gets fired with yer name on it!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Out drinking tonight, Bif please submit my orders for prelim and I'll input. But if it's late I'm defaulting to my own discretion.

I don't know if your ranged attack is any good, so if it sucks just do something defensive instead. Didn't want to risk any more healer fuckups.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

flerp, you had a decent ranged attack, right? I won't tell you who to shoot cause I think you've been paying attention.

Anyone in the back row with some super cool ability to shoot at their back row, go ahead and do that.

Rest of y'all, talk amongst yourselves for now to decide how you want to take on the front line, might want to focus up a bit.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah ive got a suprisingly good ranged attack, and i think i know who im aiming for

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Venom Soag posted:

I’m healed and also no longer poisoned!

Tips hat, spits into nearby spittoon.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

iajanus posted:

Tips hat, spits into nearby spittoon.

Hope you got that fullclaim ready mate

Save it till daybreak in case you make yourself an NK target ;)

But after the battle, seeing as you had all this time I do expect it immediately.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
tobbs i have just messaged pod and have confirmed that my mega blast is heading straight for ur head while ur sitting at the campfire

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't know if your ranged attack is any good, so if it sucks just do something defensive instead. Didn't want to risk any more healer fuckups.

Understood.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Hope you got that fullclaim ready mate

Save it till daybreak in case you make yourself an NK target ;)

But after the battle, seeing as you had all this time I do expect it immediately.

Yer kin 'spect 'tever yer want, ain't meanin' it's gonna happen, ma.

(I'm wandering the streets of Sydney looking for my friends atm so will type it up when I get a moment and save it in my phone's notes so I can copy paste it. Could you save me some time and reply the page number the template is on, or better yet just quote it for me so I don't have to browse the whole thread on my phone? Thanks ma!)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'll do ya one better, here's the quote of handy instructions on how to fullclaim:

King Burgundy posted:

Hey AA, you may have done this in pieces mostly, but I'd like a full claim in one place that I can look at.

Obviously stay within the bounds of the rules in terms of numbers and what not and use descriptors like average, very poor, etc.

And don't cut and paste anything, paraphrase, put things in different orders, etc.

But I'd like ability names and such too.

Sample I'm expecting:

I'm a cook, medic, pawn(privatewhatever). I have decent hps.

I've got the following 3 abilities:

During Day I can use: Show me the money! Grants a big heal(about 3/4 of my own health) to a target but costs a shine, I started with 1.
During Combat I can use: Boogity Boogity Boo - a ranged occult attack - Has a very low chance to frighten an entire enemy line, no damage
I have an OPG ability to join a combat I'm not in.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Anidav posted:

My action succeeded.

Natural 20 posted:

Not disclosing

:confuoot:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I'll do ya one better, here's the quote of handy instructions on how to fullclaim:

Copied and pasted

Ta very much ma

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Go team.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Bifauxnen posted:

Laying it on a bit thick there mate :/

I’m just excited to have a nemesis!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Venom Soag posted:

I’m just excited to have a nemesis!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1x-AG-2KXU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Howdy Y'all!

With the recent flips I had to update some of my estimations of how our battles went.

Less get good an' ready fer some INFOGRAPHICS:

Battle 1:

Notes:
King Burgundy fielded four tacticians in his back row.
Everyone who targeted Ma/Bif in the battle failed somehow.
The entire Texan back row targeted 50 pounds of bread, likely killing him outright.
Venom Soag's alleged attack on 50 pounds of bread may not have happened.

Battle 2:

Notes:
Tithin was ranged and likely dealt an area of effect attack on the Mexican front row.
Prince of Space and The Ninth Layer killed CcKeane.
Tithin's attack and peramene's attack combined likely killed Max Peck.
CCKeane and TMMadman attacked CuriousCat and killed Xad.
Lord of Hats and Anomalous Amalgam attempted to debuff the front row and failed.
GameroftheGame is ranged and likely dealt an area of effect attack on the Texan back row. Emerged Unscathed.
Venom Soag's attack against Max Peck reportedly failed.
:siren: Damage estimates for Battle 2 do not account for all the deaths/injuries in the Texan back row. See Viper Soag / peramene for answers! :siren:

Battle 3:

Notes:
King Burgundy fields four trusted back row agents. All three of these tacticians in the back row have used up their Once-Per-Game abilities. All three tacticians are likely in a masonry with King Burgundy.
All actions taken against Hal Incandeza failed. Hal Incandeza has likely used up his Once-Per-Game ability, Indomitable Will.
Tobbs Gnawed took significant damage. Tobbs Gnawed has likely used up his Once-Per-Game ability, aka "Unmovable Object."
Slasher Hawke and TMMadman killed CuriousCat. RIP CuriousCat.
Venom Soag reports attacking Tobbs Gnawed along with Ma/Bif but is unable to kill him.

Next I'll share with y'all some of the battle info I've gleaned from the other thread.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh flerp, one more thing.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

OYE TEJANOS, ESCUCHAME!

I may have been born in Oaxaca but the damage Villa did to my family can never be forgiven. I live to see him suffer and I’m glad I interfered in a battle and killed one of his army in camp.

HEAR ME NOW: We’re drat near certain that Flying Leatherman and Kashuno are KB’s advisors.  I’m comfortable outing that read because they both appear strongly in favor with him and the camp anyway. KB appears to be keeping them in battle to keep them out of reach of our sabotage and its disabling effects. The longer the game goes on the more of an advantage their secret conversations become. Make the battlefield unsafe for them! We recommend focusing on FL first since he’s also a healer

The advisors aren't in the back row now, but I'd bet one of them will be shortly. If one of them shows their face, make em regret it.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
What to expect - Enemy Mexicans - Your Opponent and You:

Front Row
Hal Incandenza - Medic, attacking the front row (likely Flerp). Has used up his Once-Per-Game ability, Indomitable Will.

IllegallySober - Heals. Plans to attack the Texan back row with an Area of Effect Attack. Is likely going to use Indomitable Will this battle or else he will die.

Truth Quark - Plans to use either an attack, a ranged attack, or a buff on a cohort - largely unknown. Plans to shoot at busb. Also has a self-buff to help him survive.

Back Row
Gamerofthegame - Was in a battle as a front row fighter; will likely shoot at Flerp.

GeneX - He's a back row fighter. Hasn't been seen in battle yet due to first-round Ma/Bif shenanigans.

The Lord of Hats - A poison witch vampire (seriously?). Attacks with poison chance at range. Self-heals for hp.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
if i die im going to haunt tobbs rear end

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh flerp, one more thing.

The advisors aren't in the back row now, but I'd bet one of them will be shortly. If one of them shows their face, make em regret it.

I feel missed an important part of that message.

About who we should be lunching.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Thank you for stepping up to the plate to help crunch some data, Prince. I sincerely apologize for my rude comments before when I insinuated you could be a clone of Anidav in a robot suit.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

I feel missed an important part of that message.

About who we should be lunching.

flerp and any possible back-to-back attackers don't exactly need to be concerned about that on this battlefield right now.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Bifauxnen posted:

Thank you for stepping up to the plate to help crunch some data, Prince. I sincerely apologize for my rude comments before when I insinuated you could be a clone of Anidav in a robot suit.

Thank you, I guess~!

Also, hold on.
GameroftheGame is a ranged fighter, actually.

He's the one the ones that's responsible for damaging the back row in Battle 2.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i'm not concerned about tobbs he hits like a small flower

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

flerp posted:

if i die im going to haunt tobbs rear end

Gross

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
plz dont kinkshame

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
this battle will be ez, rack em upp lads

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

flerp posted:

plz dont kinkshame

haunting rear end is fine. Speak your truth

but TOBBS' rear end...

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Ma/Bif, with your permission I think I'm gonna give one of 'em a good ol' Texan karate chop (a beefy backhand across the face), and then I'm gonna ta choke the life outta the other one.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Prince of Space posted:

Ma/Bif, with your permission I think I'm gonna give one of 'em a good ol' Texan karate chop (a beefy backhand across the face), and then I'm gonna ta choke the life outta the other one.

:killing:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hooray i'm in battle ty ma i won't let you down

Bifauxnen posted:

Just like my beloved Jeabus' body

praise jeabus

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I will keep... Healing. :nyoron:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:cheers: Preliminary Phase is over! Results are in your character sheets! :cheers:

BATTLEFIELD: Wild Horse Desert

quote:

This no-man's land lies just over the Texas border, and served as the safe choice of battlefield for the commanders to test each other's strength in the early days of the war.
There is no benefit or drawback to fighting here. This battlefield may only be chosen once more after this!

BATTLE FORMATION
pre:
		TXSG
Atomic Soda	busb		Natural20
flerp		Little Mac	Prince of Space

Hal Incandenza	IllegallySober	Truth Quark
Gamerofthegame	GeneX		The Lord of Hats
		DdN
:cheers: Battle Phase starts now. Deadline for submitting Battle Actions is ~11.5 hours from now, 12:00 PM ET (HIGH NOON) Saturday. :cheers:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
(Sorry for the delay in resolution, the Hawaii missile attack false alarm really freaked me out.)

This time, the forces clashed far away from either side's defensive lines. Historians in the years to come would speculate on the Texans' reasons for choosing this battleground - was it to minimize collateral damage, an attempt at outmaneuvering the Mexican strategists, or something else entirely? No-one could say for sure.

But once again, each battle party threw itself at the other, and all dissolved into gun-smoke, chaos, and blood...

TEXAS STATE GUARD CASUALTIES

quote:

Feelings are important - both bad and good. They tell you so much about the folks you encounter, whether it's at the bar or on opposite ends of the battlefield. This war ain't your first rodeo and it surely won't be your last - but you'll trust Shine's way of showing you what lies in people's hearts to carry you through.
:rip: flerp, aka Leon, TOWN-aligned Tactician, was killed in battle on Night 4! :rip:

DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE CASUALTIES
:ese: :siren: No one died! :siren: :ese:

:ese: THE DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE WINS THIS BATTLE! :ese:

Each army returns to their camp, ready to regroup, recuperate, and prepare - for tomorrow is another day, and another battle awaits.

Day 5 starts now. Deadline is 8 PM ET on Monday 15-JAN-2018. If a Martin Luther King Day deadline poses an issue, please let me know via PM.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 5 :beerpal:

Not Voting (15): Anidav, Atomic Soda, Bifauxnen, busb, Drunk Nerds, iajanus, Little Mac, Mithross, Natural 20, peramene, Prince of Space, Retro Futurist, Tired Moritz, tpink, Venom Soag :rubshands:

With 15 people still alive, it takes 8 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 15th, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Welp, time to sit back and wait for the stun claims to roll in :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Prince: do NOT claim your targets until LMac has shared his results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Bifauxnen posted:

Prince: do NOT claim your targets until LMac has shared his results.

I won't, Ma/Bif.

I will share with y'all that I am wounded, meaning that I'm about half as healthy as I was when I entered the battle.

• Locked thread