Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Caffeine IV posted:

If you're outright deaf in one ear, you could try shooting a hole in one panel before reinforcing a 2-panel wall. Then stand sideways; if you hear the charge go down clearly, it's the panel you broke, and if it's muffled, it's the other one.

Sound carries through the bullethole even though there is a reinforcement on it? Didn't know that! Can try doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

suck my dick you fuckman

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Also don't buy an optic for the MP7, the irons it has are badass

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Any ausgoons can add me on Steam or uplay or whatevs, I'm 'manwhat' on Steam and 'manwhaaat' on uPlay because the terribleness of that service extends my exclamation as people speak my username.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
This game has extremely jittery frame drops for me in multiplayer, I've googled the problem a fair amount and tried all the supposed fixes I could find, but nothing seems to work. It works fine in situations, but online it's a mess. None of my other games have this problem, at least not regularly (Titanfall 2 had it awhile back but I never found a solution and it seemed to get patched out) anyone had this and fixed it?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Sound carries through the bullethole even though there is a reinforcement on it? Didn't know that! Can try doing that.

I'm pretty sure they patched that out. Not 100%. If they didn't, then yes it is very useful for hearing plants.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm pretty sure they patched that out. Not 100%. If they didn't, then yes it is very useful for hearing plants.

That's how I do bandit trick on Chalet, I shoot or ask someone to blast me a hole (shotugn holes scare the attackers) in garage doors and then reinforce over it.

But two shots into a barricade saves your life as an anchor a lot of times.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

caldrax posted:

This game has extremely jittery frame drops for me in multiplayer, I've googled the problem a fair amount and tried all the supposed fixes I could find, but nothing seems to work. It works fine in situations, but online it's a mess. None of my other games have this problem, at least not regularly (Titanfall 2 had it awhile back but I never found a solution and it seemed to get patched out) anyone had this and fixed it?

If you have Discord, do you have either the overlay enabled or hardware acceleration enabled? I found just having the overlay open with or without acceleration would cause drops. Even if the overlay did not show up in-game.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Oof my luck yesterday was just no bueno. Got crushed in ranked and casual. I would do ok but i keep getting on teams where one guy gets like 5 kills and i have 2 and everyone else dies within seconds of engagement. Which is super abnormal. Didnt help that i dont think i matched into a new game the whole night. It was always a match that someone had bailed on due to the other team just destroying.

Wonder if its just because it was friday or something

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

Oof my luck yesterday was just no bueno. Got crushed in ranked and casual. I would do ok but i keep getting on teams where one guy gets like 5 kills and i have 2 and everyone else dies within seconds of engagement. Which is super abnormal. Didnt help that i dont think i matched into a new game the whole night. It was always a match that someone had bailed on due to the other team just destroying.

Wonder if its just because it was friday or something

yeah you'll just have bad days and good days. I just joined the disc, username is forest spirit. I'll hop on if I'm looking for a game

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

Polka_Rapper posted:

If you have Discord, do you have either the overlay enabled or hardware acceleration enabled? I found just having the overlay open with or without acceleration would cause drops. Even if the overlay did not show up in-game.

On top of this, my framerate is loads better fullscreen vs borderless window.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I just got this game at the end of the steam sale and well it is a blast (heh). Glad I went for the full edition, gently caress unlocking operators in this game at 10000+ renown each. What a nightmare that would be. Mira, Ela, Hibana, and Dokki are generally my go to ops. Not sure why the men often feel so meh, but it is what it is. SMGs that melt people is the way to go, and if you can't do that at least the gadgets should annoy the hell out of the enemy.

Also, this is the first game I regularly play where 144hz monitor feels like a legit advantage. Maybe it is the 2008 feeling visuals, but I can just whip around like crazy and the game is so brilliantly fluid.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Gonna shoot some invites to those who posted their GTs a few pages back but for other Xbox goons please add me: fastestgunalive

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Just killed the hostage as Fuze for the first time. Hilarious all around. I was having a pretty good run with him too.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Polka_Rapper posted:

Neither...

ACValiant posted:

On top of this, my framerate is loads better fullscreen vs borderless window.

I have been playing borderless, I'll try this tonight. However, situations works fine? Hmmm. Oh well it's worth a shot.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Never play in borderless, it introduces input delay. Always play full screen

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

FastestGunAlive posted:

Gonna shoot some invites to those who posted their GTs a few pages back but for other Xbox goons please add me: fastestgunalive

What's will all these xbone players where the gently caress are my PS4 players?! :argh:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

All y'all should just play PC tbh, the game runs on potatoes.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
For real. I'm using a 6 year old graphics card and I can still run 60@1440p without any frame drops at all.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
For me its just that im moving and as such my pc is in storage and plus my brother bought me this on xbox so eh.

Also ill be following suite and sending out invites tonight ill try to accompany them with messages that i am from the thread.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Maybe someone with admin rights on the Discord could make user groups for regions we can add ourselves to?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
what they REALLY need to do is make a role for each operator with the proper CTU hex code taken directly from the color sample tool

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011

Thief posted:

what they REALLY need to do is make a role for each operator with the proper CTU hex code taken directly from the color sample tool

What they REALLY need to do is give me the ability to alter username colors. This has gone over well in other discords and is a net gain for all involved.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

ClassicFascist posted:

What they REALLY need to do is give me the ability to alter username colors. This has gone over well in other discords and is a net gain for all involved.

Only extra color we have is the "bad players" tag and that has to be earned.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Penpal posted:

Never play in borderless, it introduces input delay. Always play full screen

Isn't this only true under windows 7?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

No but it's also only a frame or two of extra input lag which isn't going to affect you.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

This guy has been posting fairly comprehensive videos on input delay and netcode performance for a while, and I haven't seen anyone correct it. Timecode set to the relevant graph, but I'll just post it the graph by itself anyway:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc28SH2ESA4&t=249s

I accidentally clipped out the part where red is the longest delay, blue is the average delay, and green is the shortest delay.

If you need to run borderless or windowed mode because of multi-monitor issues, cool. But siege has no problems being minimized. I've never run into it crashing or anything, and why not have as little input delay as possible?

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jan 14, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh right, I forgot, there's not even any real difference at all in input delay between Fullscreen and Borderless when you have VSync on.

Penpal posted:

If you need to run borderless or windowed mode because of multi-monitor issues, cool. But siege has no problems being minimized. I've never run into it crashing or anything, and why not have as little input delay as possible?
I constantly alt-tab during any kind of downtime and fullscreen adds extra waiting time when alt-tabbing to/from the game.

Also I'd be surprised if there are even a dozen people in this thread pro enough at shootman games to be affected by 1-2 frames of extra input lag.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 14, 2018

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

I just don't see why not, I have a fairly old cpu, two monitors, but a decent graphics card, and I frequently alt+tab for pocketcasts in Chrome and other apps like discord, and I don't notice a delay beyond it minimizing. So from my pov there are no downsides. :shrug: It might be miniscule, but if there's no downsides, I'll take my single frame and wring every last bit out of it

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
One of the main reasons I like borderless is so i can do stuff on my other screen. I have no great way of telling when the next round starts with it minimised.

VV If thats the case I might try it even though 2 frames at my level means nothing. But certainly turn vsync off, its off by default in most multiplayer focused games these days and in some its really bad.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 14, 2018

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
the game icon in the taskbar flashes orange doesn't it?

if I'm doing full screen and get a message popup it slows the game to a crawl though so I don't like using it. I hadn't thought about no vsync though, I might have to try that.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there some kind of free weekend going on? Because the amount of toxic players is extreme this weekend, every match has been at least 1 cheater or tk'er so far.

edit: Here is a cautionary tale about the mistake that buying the Starter Edition is. It took me 400 hours of playing to unlock all the starting operators and 2 of the newer ones.

Sprechensiesexy fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 14, 2018

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Sprechensiesexy posted:

Is there some kind of free weekend going on? Because the amount of toxic players is extreme this weekend, every match has been at least 1 cheater or tk'er so far.

Remember that a big chunk of players have school and homework Monday - Friday :v:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sprechensiesexy posted:

edit: Here is a cautionary tale about the mistake that buying the Starter Edition is. It took me 400 hours of playing to unlock all the starting operators and 2 of the newer ones.

Agreed. Got to point earlier where i spawn into a round already started run forward watch as 2 people on team kill other two and then begin fighting each other and was like nah and quit. Next game went great but im at the point where if people are tking im not hanging around. This weekend has been rough.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Your daily reminder to join discord and play with goons so you don't have to worry about tk'ers and poo poo.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Ranked or casual? After playing more ranked people are definitely more chill.

tjones
May 13, 2005
There are more toxic players on console than PC. It is the nature of the platform.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

keyframe posted:

Your daily reminder to join discord and play with goons so you don't have to worry about tk'ers and poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x5tfna-8lA

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Penpal posted:

Ranked or casual? After playing more ranked people are definitely more chill.

I only play ranked on PC since I found out the renown grind was slightly more bearable and the amount of kids with mics but without dropped balls was lower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

keyframe posted:

Oh god the irony might actually kill me