Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've also gotten a couple pretty laggy matches, but only 2 out of like the...what, 20 I've played so far have been super annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'm crashing after every match now so I think that means I need to take a break. So far Freeza is my favorite character to play, his 2H is gigantic and active forever and Golden Freeza can put in work.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Which has longer range, me coughing or Beerus's grab range on his level 3

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm doing pretty good with Krillin/Goku/Vegeta, but I might trade Vegeta out. I'm also liking Kid Buu, and I had some time with 18, but I need to get a better hang of her. Gohan's pretty alright, but I feel like you need to have a good grasp on Potential Unleashed to use him really effectively. Like, I've seen guys build up a bunch of ki and fire off 1-bar Unleashes every time you get near to be untouchable.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

what's ur lung capacity

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Also I can't figure out what arena match is. There are stamps for it and it seems "open."

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

God everyones English VA work is outstanding but 18's has no idea how to do rapid fire punching shouts. Her launcher is one of the most awkward things I've heard in awhile.

SUDASUDA SUDA??? SUDA????

Spruchy
May 12, 2013

I am not a machine. I feel and believe. I have opinions. Some of them are interesting. I could, if you would let me, talk and talk. Let us talk about anything.
this game is so gud.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
there really isnt gonna be a PC beta huh?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm doing pretty good with Krillin/Goku/Vegeta, but I might trade Vegeta out. I'm also liking Kid Buu, and I had some time with 18, but I need to get a better hang of her. Gohan's pretty alright, but I feel like you need to have a good grasp on Potential Unleashed to use him really effectively. Like, I've seen guys build up a bunch of ki and fire off 1-bar Unleashes every time you get near to be untouchable.

Can't you super dash punish that on block?

Chaotic Flame posted:

Also I can't figure out what arena match is. There are stamps for it and it seems "open."

The arena in the middle let you play with other people in the lobby in the last beta.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

eonwe posted:

no but the game is out in 2 weeks

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

eonwe posted:

Nope and my stick cord is too short to reach my PS4 comfortably so I'm using that as an excuse to just wait til release.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is the training mode accessible? I completed the battle tutorial but it was still disabled last night.

This is my first ArcSys game with these auto combos. Hope relying on these doesn't gently caress me up too much. Then again the seem p similar to MvC2 at least going by half remembered memories.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 13, 2018

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It's kinda weird that characters can't leave projectiles out once they tag out. According to Max's videos they used to be able to.

Hellzone Grenade vanishes if you DHC out, the Saibamen despawn if Nappa isn't there etc.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's kinda weird that characters can't leave projectiles out once they tag out. According to Max's videos they used to be able to.

Hellzone Grenade vanishes if you DHC out, the Saibamen despawn if Nappa isn't there etc.

He played the final game, the beta is probably an earlier development branch

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I've once again received a cruel reminder about how I'm poo poo at fighting games until I spend two weeks in training mode. Then I become merely mediocre

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Maybe you already know this but just in case you don't: in most 2D fighting games you can't throw the opponent if they're in hitstun or blockstun or immediately after they get up from a knockdown. If your opponent is in any of these 3 states you have to wait very slightly for their throw invincibility to end before attempting a throw.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Arzachel posted:

Can't you super dash punish that on block?

Possibly, I haven't run into it quite enough to find a good workaround.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Reiley posted:

Dragon BALL!!!!!! Quote this if you agree

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Mr E posted:

Nope and my stick cord is too short to reach my PS4 comfortably so I'm using that as an excuse to just wait til release.

Just get a usb extension cord ya dofus!!!

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Reiley posted:

Dragon BALL!!!!!! Quote this if you agree

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I am too cheap to buy a controller for a game I didnt know if I'd be good at / like so I found some hacky way to connect my switch pro controller to my PC via USB

there u go

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

eonwe posted:

I am too cheap to buy a controller for a game I didnt know if I'd be good at / like so I found some hacky way to connect my switch pro controller to my PC via USB

there u go

You don't have a dualshock 3/4 around?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Nintendo pro controller is probably better anyway, dual shock buttons are mushier than I'd want for a fighting game

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Take this with a grain of salt but after turning off "Automatically save replays" I've had no stalling/crashing issues when a match is over.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Booyah- posted:

Nintendo pro controller is probably better anyway, dual shock buttons are mushier than I'd want for a fighting game

I never played on a Pro, I wouldn't be surprised, but I like the DS3/4 for fighting games.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

You don't have a dualshock 3/4 around?

i only do PC games and nintendo stuff

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Did they ever mention if this game has a mode for just 1v1 without the tag team fuckery?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

eonwe posted:

i only do PC games and nintendo stuff

Having a controller for PC games sometimes is a good idea.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

dr.acula posted:

Did they ever mention if this game has a mode for just 1v1 without the tag team fuckery?

it does not

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's still gonna have that 6 person simultaneous mode like a wrestling tag match, right?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay, Frieza is definitely not Chris. It's gotta be Greg.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Who is the captain commando of this game? Who is team scrub

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, Goku is pretty simple to use.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Gohan assist is still invincible, yeah? He's gonna be real popular to put in the back.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Vegeta assist really seems to be the poo poo, Cell is close but Vegeta just gives you so much time to mix things up. Nappa seems crazy difficult to make work and Beerus played well seems brute annoying. Only had a little time to play but really my only complaint is that things can get a bit samey after a bit, which I hope a full roster and some actual experience will fix. Also damned Kid Buu is tricky and I have no idea how to deal with his assist.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

In Training posted:

It's still gonna have that 6 person simultaneous mode like a wrestling tag match, right?

yeah that's in the game, just not in the beta

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Adult Gohan is a Melty Blood character when you have 7 meters and is still a Melty Blood character before that. He seems quite strong.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Kongming posted:

Take this with a grain of salt but after turning off "Automatically save replays" I've had no stalling/crashing issues when a match is over.

I've never crashed and this option was also turned off for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

:siren: I SAW SOMEONE PLAYING KRILLIN :siren: