Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

There's also a live show marked on the schedule for February 3, the last and only Saturday in February that isn't during the Olympics. Doing four live shows in a row is rare, but even rarer? Not having a live show in February. In fact, February is one of only two months, along with November, which has always had a live SNL since 1975.

What is definitely happening on February 3, is another SNL Sports special. Airing the night before Super Bowl LII in prime time at 8/7c, a 60-minute compilation of the show's sports sketch highlights will precede the 2018 NFL Honors broadcast at 9/8c, and a possible new live show later that night.

As for tonight's show, I've been waiting for Sam Rockwell to host since I first saw him play William "Wild Bill" Wharton in 1999's The Green Mile... it's been a while. And he just won a Golden Globe on Sunday for his turn in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. Lorne sure knows how to pick 'em, eh?

There's a Vintage scheduled to air tonight, and the next two weeks, though, as is standard as of late, they have not announced what episode will be airing.

pwn fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Sam Rockwell is one of my all time favorites.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Forgot to post this: A nice little web extra from Beck and Kyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFD2ziYhBu0

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Holy poo poo

pwn
May 27, 2004

Bill Murray holy poo poo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Whoa, Steve Bannon was actually cool all along

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Would be 100% okay with recurring Bill Murray Bannon

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Bannon does not deserve this honor

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Logan Paul joke!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Being Oprahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
"Cucks in Cars Getting Coffee" got a laugh out of me.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kammat posted:

Bannon does not deserve this honor

:agreed:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I know it's Sam Rockwell and all but that jacket needs just a bit more room

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Unbleeped F-bomb!!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahaha dropping the f-bomb

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Welp, thanks for dropping by Sam

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
lol

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

lmao

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
sam rockwell i love you

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Teacher, he made a swear...

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Does Sam Rockwell seem, off?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

This is a strong concept

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Like 0.01% of SNL's audience know who Lil Pump is/was.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Are F-bombs fined at this time of night?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Iowa Snow King posted:

Safe harbor is after 10pm I think. Or that might just be for radio.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Iowa Snow King posted:

It's still against the rules, but as far as fine amount or whether they enforce it at all there's certainly more leeway than if it had been a 8 PM or something

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

This is kind of a gross skit tbh. And not funny.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I don't think Melissa Villasenor is very funny. She wasn't the problem with that last skit, I'm just talking about overall

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Youth Decay posted:

Yeah.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

General Dog posted:

I don't think Melissa Villasenor is very funny. She wasn't the problem with that last skit, I'm just talking about overall

They just cast her as the straight woman in every sketch she's in, and I think she'd do better in more goofy roles.

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

My Drunk Boyfriend was gold.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

Safe harbor is after 10pm I think. Or that might just be for radio.
Yeah 10 eastern to 6 AM I think? The only rule being broke is NBC’s S&P

Youth Decay posted:

How? Those “let’s judge women on the runway” shows are gross and it was a good takedown of them

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

General Dog posted:

It's still against the rules, but as far as fine amount or whether they enforce it at all there's certainly more leeway than if it had been a 8 PM or something

They're still doing live to all time zones this season, aren't they?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

This is pretty mediocre

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

General Dog posted:

It's not against the rules, the FCC is only allowed to fine for obscenities between 6am and 10pm. Networks just don't because advertisers don't like getting heat from parent groups.

pwn
May 27, 2004

EasyEW posted:

They're still doing live to all time zones this season, aren't they?
Oh poo poo, that’s right. That was before 10 in Mountain and Pacific. Ajit Pai gonna fine all NBC stations west of Omaha :(

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
natalie merchant, but if she grew up listening to late 2000s trap

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

pwn posted:

How? Those “let’s judge women on the runway” shows are gross and it was a good takedown of them

The "SJWs are so crazy/political correctness gone wild!!" thing which I've seen in a couple of previous sketches though not the focus of them like in that one.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's not against the rules, the FCC is only allowed to fine for obscenities between 6am and 10pm. Networks just don't because advertisers don't like getting heat from parent groups.

If your young child is up after midnight that is worse for them than hearing the word "loving" IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

The "SJWs are so crazy/political correctness gone wild!!" thing which I've seen in a couple of previous sketches though not the focus of them like in that one.
Yeah I read that as a deep cut on the E! network, which has made its empire on those kinds of shows. Anyway

Everybody on Twitter surprised that Saturday Night Live is live

• Locked thread