Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Feels good man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
I may have overestimated the Titans chances.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
I’m going to take a controversial stance and say I’m sick and tired of all the winning

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck ever

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/harrylylesjr/status/952379643893608448

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Never gets old.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I can't believe this pass happened

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/952391256990085125

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Starting to think the Titans aren’t winning the Super Bowl this year, contrary to what I’ve been hearing.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

lol three pump fakes before whatever the gently caress that pass was

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

always fun to see a plucky newcomer come into the playoffs and shock the world, new england will definitely be proud of the upset victory they pulled off tonight

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
that was not a game a game has rules that are fairly officiated amongst all players what we just saw on cbs was not a game it was a theatre production directed by the goddamn refs and produced by goodell

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Starting to think the Titans aren’t winning the Super Bowl this year, contrary to what I’ve been hearing.

Wait until the fifth quarter comeback!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I dont even care who is in the AFC playoffs next year if the Pats and Steelers are somehow left out.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.

GobiasIndustries posted:

I dont even care who is in the AFC playoffs next year if the Pats and Steelers are somehow left out.

like asking the moon and sun to stay out of the sky my child

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This loving sport.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

You're gonna have to root for a couple plane crashes then.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I'm glad of the New England Patriots

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

like asking the moon and sun to stay out of the sky my child

Also an acceptable price to be paid

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

anyway, nick foles going to superbowl

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You're gonna have to root for a couple plane crashes then.

I’ve already been doing that for years.

Someone bring back Bernard Pollard to finish the job.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
As much as I hate them, what impresses me most about the Patriots is how consistently they steamroll garbage teams in the playoffs. You're never wondering if they're gonna be in a close game with some team making its first appearance in 12 years or if they are gonna have to come back in the 4th quarter vs team x that backed into the playoffs and limped to a divisional win. No, they just loving clown the poo poo out of those teams en route to the real games and if there aren't any real teams in the AFC playoffs, they walk to the Super Bowl.

I hate it, but it's goddamn impressive when you see teams regularly play down to weaker opponents or poo poo away opportunities to close out games against bad teams.

e: Also it kind of owns to see them do savage poo poo like have Brady punt the ball away on third down

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Someone post the gronk is finished tweet

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mularkey salty as gently caress in the post-game.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

TheChirurgeon posted:

As much as I hate them, what impresses me most about the Patriots is how consistently they steamroll garbage teams in the playoffs. You're never wondering if they're gonna be in a close game with some team making its first appearance in 12 years or if they are gonna have to come back in the 4th quarter vs team x that backed into the playoffs and limped to a divisional win. No, they just loving clown the poo poo out of those teams en route to the real games and if there aren't any real teams in the AFC playoffs, they walk to the Super Bowl.

I hate it, but it's goddamn impressive when you see teams regularly play down to weaker opponents or poo poo away opportunities to close out games against bad teams.

e: Also it kind of owns to see them do savage poo poo like have Brady punt the ball away on third down

I agree but it's still boring as gently caress after almost 2 decades of this.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

good cause they never had a chance the moment that decker opi was called

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

He also admitted what anyone with half a brain could've figured out all year, which is that Marcus hasn't been a 100% on any week.

His throws were actually better in this game, kinda a shame he was able to finally get his form working in time to get hosed by the Pats, but hey, that just means good news for next year.

I refuse to flagellate myself over the Titans losing to the Patriots. It's not like anyone else has figured out how to beat them either, so... I don't give a gently caress.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I think the Titans would be a lot better if they played to Mariota's strengths (always line him up under center, lots of play action and rpo's.

Conklin going down and the D getting worn down ground the Titans down as the game went on.

Funny is that Andy Reid got killed for trying the same thing... Go light on running, heavy on passing to tire out the Titans' dline... but Andy got killed for it.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Pats fans leaving in the fourth because the game was already in the bag is disgusting because they know how easy they have it but still want to complain that they're underdogs

Jacksonville is our only hope

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Seventh straight AFC championship appearance is just holy poo poo that's insane.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Tom Tucker posted:

Seventh straight AFC championship appearance is just holy poo poo that's insane.

And boring as gently caress.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the afc is as exciting a conference as division 3 college football

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

They cheat

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Brady and the Patriots are like Schumacher at Ferrari. You have to grudgingly respect that they are so consistently that good at both winning and cheating, but it's just not entertaining at all when you know nobody else stands a chance.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Finger Prince posted:

Brady and the Patriots are like Schumacher at Ferrari.

So are you saying we need to introduce Tom to skiing here?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The Patriots

Are Cool

And Good.

fake edit: Yooge AND True.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

sponges posted:

They cheat

Hell yea and they get away with it with zero repercussions and it owns.

Why doesnt your team cheat? I think you need to hold them more accountable.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Probably Magic posted:

I don't blame him one bit, the Titans got loving jobbed by the refs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Probably Magic posted:

It's not like anyone else has figured out how to beat them either, so... I don't give a gently caress.

actually the Broncos mostly clown on the Patriots in the playoffs :horse:

• Locked thread