Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Jerusalem posted:

I remember the first time they announced it I couldn't understand why the gently caress anybody in Kayfabe would take part in a match where you had a 25% chance of getting fired. The fact it is still around all these years later is even more perplexing.

I liked it when they did the Knockouts' version where they actually put the title belt in one of the cases. Tara was the reigning champ and that's how she lost her title. I believe it was because her contract was up soon and TNA didn't know if she would re-sign (she did, eventually) but they couldn't come up with literally any other idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

grack posted:

I liked it when they did the Knockouts' version where they actually put the title belt in one of the cases. Tara was the reigning champ and that's how she lost her title. I believe it was because her contract was up soon and TNA didn't know if she would re-sign (she did, eventually) but they couldn't come up with literally any other idea.
Didn't they also not tell Daffney she had to do a striptease which lead to more awkward moments though?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Didn't they also not tell Daffney she had to do a striptease which lead to more awkward moments though?

I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me. She definitely didn't want to do it, and Lacey Von Erich did the striptease instead.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
AFAIK the "prizes" were Knockouts title, a match of your choosing, Tara's spider, and striptease.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Julio Cruz posted:

AFAIK the "prizes" were Knockouts title, a match of your choosing, Tara's spider, and striptease.

This is correct.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

DarkstarIV posted:

Like someone posted earlier, the only winning strategy in Feast or Fired is to not take a briefcase.

There was one Feast or Fired match where a series of dives left every single wrestler in a heap on the floor except Samoa Joe. All four cases were still available, he could've taken any one of them totally unopposed. He chose to just dive onto the pile of dudes instead.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Chris James 2 posted:

Half the people who got briefcases opened them, it was down to Moose and EC3

It looked like they'd open both at the same time but EC3 hesitated while Moose opened his to reveal a world title shot, so EC3 refused to open his saying they couldn't make him and also that he cheated to get that case in the first place

This is actually pretty clever. It's like a game of chicken combined with a reversed Money In the Bank contract, you wait for all the others to open their briefcase and if one of them has the My Fired inside you're clear, if not you just don't open yours, ever.

They could even make it a reoccurring thing with a guy carrying around multiple briefcases.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

How the gently caress is Josh Mathews still a thing? Wasn't he supposed to leave after that stupid Borash feud they built the entire company around for 6 loving months?

Jesus take the wheel.

the Pope left instead, so they nixed those plans so he could stick around because they needed another announcer

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wasn't there a Feast or My Fired? match where the guy who had the "My Fired?" case decided to leave the company, so they very quickly had him lose the case to another wrestler so that wrestler could open the case and learn it was their fired?

I think it might have even been Aries? or perhaps Low-Ki?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Wasn't there a Feast or My Fired? match where the guy who had the "My Fired?" case decided to leave the company, so they very quickly had him lose the case to another wrestler so that wrestler could open the case and learn it was their fired?

I think it might have even been Aries? or perhaps Low-Ki?

Don't quote me, but I think Ken Anderson did a deal like that.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
FEAST OR FIRED I
World Title: Scott Steiner gets the world championship briefcase, and Petey Williams gets the X Division briefcase, Steiner and Petey trade briefcases for reasons I cannot remember or figure out, then Steiner turns on Petey, leading to a match where the winner gets both briefcases. Steiner wins both, but then takes on Little Poppa Pump as his sidekick and gives him back the X Division briefcase.
Tag Title: Road Dogg gets it via an assist from Billy Gunn, decides to use it with his dad instead of Billy Gunn, title match turned into angle-advancement for the Billy Gunn heel turn
X Division: See World Title
Pink Slip: Low Ki wins it, but in his last match before leaving the company he loses the briefcase to Christopher Daniels, who is "fired" so he could return as Curry Man.

FEAST OR FIRED II: THEY AT IT AGAIN
World Title: Hernandez
Tag Title: Jay Lethal
X Division: Homicide
Pink Slip: Curry Man gets the Pink Slip, leading to the return of SUICIDE

FEAST OR FIRED III: CHRISTOPHER DANIELS ISN'T EVEN IN THIS ONE
World Title: Samoa Joe
Tag Title: Kevin Nash, who with Scott Hall beat Matt Morgan in a handicap match for the titles because Morgan was the sole holder of the tag belts in storyline. Hall & Nash defend the belts once, then Nash swaps Eric Young in for himself for a second defense, then Scott Hall gets fired and the belts are vacated.
X Division: Rob Terry, who gifts it to Doug Williams
Pink Slip: Sheik Abdul Bashir (aka Daivari the Elder) who was legitimately fired

FEAST OR FIRED IV: CURRY MAN IS BACK
World Title: Gunner, who put it up in a BRIEFCASE ON A POLE match with James Storm
Tag Title: EC3, who somehow lost this briefcase in a tag match against Gunner and James Storm
X Division: Zema Ion
Pink Slip: Chavo Guerrero, who was legitimately fired

FEAST OR FIRED V: CAN GUNNER REPEAT?
World Title: Austin Aries
Tag Team: Magnus, who left for GFW and then "invaded" and invoked his briefcase as valid for any GFW talent and thus willed it to two unrelated wrestlers
X Division: Rockstar Spud
Pink Slip: Velvet Sky, who was not a participant in the match but helped Robbie E unhook the briefcase and thus was fired in his stead

FEAST OR FIRED VI: I ALREADY FORGOT THEY HAD A KING OF THE MOUNTAIN TITLE
World Title: Drew Galloway
Tag Team: James Storm
King of the Mountain: Eli Drake
Pink Slip: Grado, except Eli Drake switched briefcases or something and Grado proved it so he won his job back in a ladder match and Eli Drake was not fired he just lost a ladder match

FEAST OR FIRED VII: NOT YET AIRED
Global Title: Moose
X-Division: Petey Williams
Tag Team Title: Eli Drake
Pink Slip: EC3

I'm kind of surprised that there are only three out of seven "we're not really firing you" pink slips in there. It's also like pretty close to 50% "person wins title shot, has title match" in terms of storylines which is higher than I would have guessed.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
when Chavo got the pink slip, he wasn't actually planning on leaving, but TNA then tried to use it to legitimately fire him, but they couldn't actually fire him because of his contract prohibited this absurdity, and then he got really mad and quit instead

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I would call that a very TNA thing to do, but it's also more or less what WWE did to Jim Ross

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Also:

LOCKBOX CHALLENGE
The actual Knockouts Title, not a title shot, just a belt in a box: Angelina Love
A spider: Tara, who loses her title via random draw even though she won the match. But hey, free spider.
Knockouts title shot: Velvet Sky, who gets a Leather and Lace match with Love (it didn't actually happen)
Striptease: A visibly uncomfortable Daffney, who non-heel backstage interviewer Jeremy Borash stone-facedly forces to dance and strip telling her he'll fire her if she doesn't. Lacey Von Erich is involved, I don't know.

Explosions fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 14, 2018

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Hmmm TNA making an investment in AI

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploded mummy posted:

when Chavo got the pink slip, he wasn't actually planning on leaving, but TNA then tried to use it to legitimately fire him, but they couldn't actually fire him because of his contract prohibited this absurdity, and then he got really mad and quit instead

my respect for Chavo has slightly increased because he had the forethought to put such terms in his contract.

He's still a side mouthed canadian talkin bitchass fool tho.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

Somehow I doubt Chavo had a no cut contract.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Somehow I doubt Chavo had a no cut contract.

Let's not overestimate TNA here

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Explosions posted:

Also:

LOCKBOX CHALLENGE
The actual Knockouts Title, not a title shot, just a belt in a box: Angelina Love
A spider: Tara, who loses her title via random draw even though she won the match. But hey, free spider.
Knockouts title shot: Velvet Sky, who gets a Leather and Lace match with Love (it didn't actually happen)
Striptease: A visibly uncomfortable Daffney, who non-heel backstage interviewer Jeremy Borash stone-facedly forces to dance and strip telling her he'll fire her if she doesn't. Lacey Von Erich is involved, I don't know.

Yep, TNA gave away a title like it was a prize at the bottom of a cereal box. Probably the most self-aware thing they've ever done.

VVVV Edit: You're attempting to find logic in a TNA storyline. A storyline, that even by the horrendous standards of Vince Russo's TNA, was mindbogglingly stupid.

grack fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 14, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

did they ever explain why the wrestlers didn't peek? or does a tour through an impact taping run dull your common sense, much like artillery fire?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Edge & Christian posted:

Tag Title: Road Dogg gets it via an assist from Billy Gunn, decides to use it with his dad instead of Billy Gunn, title match turned into angle-advancement for the Billy Gunn heel turn

Oh my God I completely forgot about the Izzy Mendelbaum angle.

If I remember right, Road Dogg refused to say what partner he wanted instead of Billy for several weeks, and we were meant to see Billy as the heel in this situation because he was upset? Then when Road Dogg finally revealed, Billy just went,"Oh, you should have just said, that's perfectly reasonable."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Getting of most of the really kills a lot of people's TNA scoops. It is a shuffling of the deck on that front.

I don't really mean DIRT or trade secrets just the vibe of the locker room and what bullshit the rank and file are being told.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
In unrelated news I am happy for EC3.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/952704400581001216

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010
Something goes here.

They are going to try and copy the Jinder push except somehow worse, aren't they?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont know that wrestlelr

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

He's Jinder's uncle.

I'm not joking.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DoctorGonzo posted:

Canadian dude, Stu Hart trained. Drew well in Canada. Did some WWF stuff but no real impact there.

He'd be better appreciated if whoever had the Stampede tapes wasn't sitting on them.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:laffo:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bad News Brown would probably be in IMPACT now if he wasn't dead.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bad News would have thrown Dixie out of a window for being racist

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Did TNA get an unscheduled injection of cash from Sony Six or something? If they're just doing a push for India again based on the "success" of Jinder, loving lol

Also what of my man Shera?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Gama Singh was a big stampede star who mentored Don Callis back when Don still wrestled. Gama was actually good though, so he's no Jinder....I assume he won't be wrestling, he's like 70.

Edit: 63, but close enough

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

didn't Zombie Guerrero work a program in TNA before dying?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Gama Singh was a big stampede star who mentored Don Callis back when Don still wrestled. Gama was actually good though, so he's no Jinder....I assume he won't be wrestling, he's like 70.

Edit: 63, but close enough

Well he's there explicitly to train Indian stars, apparently. If they're not looking for the next Jinder I don't understand this hire.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

you've got it all wrong, they're looking for the next Mahabali Shera

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coconono posted:

didn't Zombie Guerrero work a program in TNA before dying?

that was Hector

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DoctorGonzo posted:

that was Hector

yeah Hector. I could never remember his name.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DarkstarIV posted:

They are going to try and copy the Jinder push except somehow worse, aren't they?

Given his age it would be more like what if Jinder was also Tim Storm

Actually that might work, more people are talking about Tim Storm than whoever is the Impact champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

yeah Hector. I could never remember his name.

He was a friend to the children