Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Alright it’s time to play Jumanji but if we don’t want to end up fighting crocodiles, getting menaced by spiders, or stalked by a lion we gotta figure out a game plan. We could try:

-Having everyone roll the dice on their turn as fast as possible without pausing to read messages. We might finish in under a minute, or get halfway and be killed by a flood, stampede, and quicksand combo.

-Play atop a wind turbine wearing hazmat suits. Would shield against ground animals and mosquitos, but leave us vulnerable to big game hunter sniper fire and an earthquake would be certain death.

-Play one turn with rifles on hand, 50/50 odds whatever emerges would be killable. Live for 60 more years carefully tracking the stock market, then finish the game and warp back in time to corner the market.

What are your suggestions for being in it to win it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I want to die so I’m just gonna play to die op

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Play the game in OPs moms basement. No wilder creature than that yeti, so I figure we’d be safe

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I like when the monkeys steal the police car

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Oh I know, I’ll bring my 20 sided dice

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Agreed. Do we even need "strategies" for a game where The Rock is a possible player character?

I mean I guess if you're the loser stuck playing as Jack Black, then maybe.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
My plan: Just keep yelling JUMANJI!

JUMANJI!

JUMaaaaa~shot dead.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The trick is to keep moving constantly. Don't give the danger time to get too dense in any one area, and already be leaving an area by the time a hazard starts to manifest (like those carnivorous plants).

Woden
May 6, 2006
Send a couple of people in to chill while the other players figure out good stocks, lotto tickets and whatever to buy.

Do multiple short playthroughs so none of your friends end up way older than you.

Always pick The Rock.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Play in a major city. The National Guard will get called out to come shoot the lions and elephants and Ross from Friends will collect the monkey to live with him, then right before the last roll just live your life normally until you're about to die and then finish the game to be transported back to youth. You could essentially live forever by playing the game over and over.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
if you cheat you get turned into a monkey, there has to be a way to use that to your advantage

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cubone posted:

if you cheat you get turned into a monkey, there has to be a way to use that to your advantage

You don't know if you get turned into a monkey every time. That was just the instance we saw. You might end up as a banana slug.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Flip the board over and hang myself in a parkinson's-addled huff

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

ima be the white race :unsmigghh:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Applewhite posted:

You don't know if you get turned into a monkey every time. That was just the instance we saw. You might end up as a banana slug.

no natural predators :hai:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cubone posted:

Jumanji is, by definition, supernatural.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

You think that english hunter guy ever said the n word?

Holllaaaaa holllaaaaaa hollla

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Applewhite posted:

Jumanji is, by definition, supernatural.

hm yeah that hunter guy would probably gently caress me up if I was a banana slug

back to the drawing board

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Play the game on a spacewalk. All the animals that spawn will die immediately and there is no land for earthquakes or atmosphere for bad weather.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jumanji ruins everyone's goddamn lives. It's an evil pointless game.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Jumanji ruins everyone's goddamn lives. It's an evil pointless game.

Does it? I mean the Robin Williams character probably has PTSD after being in a jungle.

Jenny, eh, has a deep understanding of how people can treat a person when they think she is crazy, but she has a leg up on the next 40 years. Though those two kids have no problems, and their parents live at the end.

I Dunno
Apr 7, 2014

Isolate the game board in a deep underground bunker, and everyone plays the game far away with remote controlled robot hands.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Does it? I mean the Robin Williams character probably has PTSD after being in a jungle.

Jenny, eh, has a deep understanding of how people can treat a person when they think she is crazy, but she has a leg up on the next 40 years. Though those two kids have no problems, and their parents live at the end.

Imagine living your whole life twice but the first half was filled with misery and horror.

The new movie actually fixed that where it had the time periods be a bit different. 20 years in the game only felt like a few months. Tbh that’s a bit easier to swallow.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

CelticPredator posted:

Imagine living your whole life twice but the first half was filled with misery and horror.

The new movie actually fixed that where it had the time periods be a bit different. 20 years in the game only felt like a few months. Tbh that’s a bit easier to swallow.

Whoa how about some spoiler tags you god drat r word

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I would be very good at jumanji because I would use my sporting skills to go big or go home and earn the final touchdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl42ZHr7Xv4

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Applewhite posted:

Play the game on a spacewalk. All the animals that spawn will die immediately and there is no land for earthquakes or atmosphere for bad weather.

Thousands of fire ants spawn in your spacesuit.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Labes for days posted:

The most painful way to die thread is thataway.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Labes for days posted:

Coat yourself in insecticidal gel before putting it on.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Labes for days posted:

jokes on you thats my fetish

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Dang that’s a good concept for the 3rd movie. Or a Mars mission. A massive stampede of rhinos and elephants asphyxiates immediately and NASA has 20 tons of protein to harvest. A tremendous flood would provide drinking water. Trap someone on Earth, launch the game to Mars, extract them there to save fuel.

Dammit I want to see this movie now.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Applewhite posted:

you can't roll dice in space ya dingus :mad:

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
all the dangers in the new movie were caused because nobody blew out the game cartridge first.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I would become a badass jungle survivalist and grow a huge beard and do a bunch of cocaine and play videogames and then after a long career and battle with mental illness take my own life. Your move, game.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Cubone posted:

kids with bb guns

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Have everyone roll super fast, like boom boom boom boom. All the dangers descend on you at once, but maybe they'll start fighting each other and you quickly leave the area.

Of course, this also has the chance to just compound the jungle animal menace, like making a lion that can shoot mosquitoes out of its mouth or something.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Where do the jumanji creatures live before they are summoned? Like where was that hunter before he got rolled in

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I can't believe jack black is getting paid to be in movies

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Where do the jumanji creatures live before they are summoned? Like where was that hunter before he got rolled in

Hell dimension? Also, police officer David Alan Grier was nonchalant about the British hunter trying his best to kill him with a rifle. He didn’t report “attempted murderer on the loose” with his radio, just resumed searching for Robin Williams to ask questions about running into the street in odd clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ditty bout my clitty posted:

I can't believe jack black is getting paid to be in movies

Why not

• Locked thread