Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Just watched a promo for UFC 220 where Volkan is talking about his high accuracy then cuts to a combo where he throws a combo to the head to OSP where he punches him in the chest 3 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
volkan is basically travis brown. in a year it will be a subject of frank disbelief that he ever fought for a title even in the shittiest real division in the ufc

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

volkan is basically travis brown.

his wife is the bread winner?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
your wifes a computer programmer

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
thats my premise for a twilight zone reboot

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

what if they let bathtubs compete in cage fights now that is a truly a black mirror

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

handsome only face posted:

what if they let bathtubs compete in cage fights now that is a truly a black mirror

Enamel Joe, Soapa Popinski, and King Slippo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i didnt take any steroids so i have no idea how they got into my bloodstream/the back of my fridge etc.. Im squeaky clean

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
Thanks to the power of science we've actually managed to capture footage of what tyron woodley's brain sees when he watches his own tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzg_siqjr0U&t=142s

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
https://twitter.com/adamzubayraev/status/952607325134651392

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
THREE MEN ENTER. ONE MAN LEAVES.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
They should schedule that fight six days earlier to reflect the chance that it happens as described.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
e: wrong thread

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

They should schedule that fight six days earlier to reflect the chance that it happens as described.

https://vimeo.com/206672563

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

willie D: wait could someone explain the reference here?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Skip My Posts posted:

willie D: wait could someone explain the reference here?

I think even willie_dee will be able to explain it to you:
April 1st

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Solid fight for The New York.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I'm having a hard time believing that Volkan has anything for DC.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

JaySB posted:

I'm having a hard time believing that Volkan has anything for DC.

Unless the knockout has left DC completely shot or aged overnight he's going to beat the poo poo out of Volkan.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

As I said before, it's the most perfect example of a puncher's chance fight, because DC's best offensive capacity will take him, momentarily, through the range of Volkan's best punch. Volkan loses this fight most of the time, but there's a non-zero chance that he scrambles DC's brains with an uncanny short uppercut or right hand.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
imagine, if you will, dc fighting rumble johnson, only now rumble is a retarded russian man whose fists don't go where he tells them to, and every knockout win on his resume is pretty much by accident.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Watch the rare bird Volkan slam his fists three times into OSPs chest before managing to find the head.

Also Dana basically confirmed tonight they’re stripping Conor. https://twitter.com/damonmartin/status/952780346722017280

And it may not be that people don’t want to fight Kamaru. https://twitter.com/damonmartin/status/952785321489510400

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 15, 2018

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Thread title proved to be a lie before the month was up. :lol:

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

kensei posted:

Thread title proved to be a lie before the month was up. :lol:

You seem to forget the McGregorweight belt.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
N: Stephens called out Brian Ortega after his fight

V: :getin:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Matt Hughes looked a lot better than I expected him to tonight.

Also, he looked dreadful.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The fact that a recovered matt hughes has to hobble around like the misfortunates and cripples he has mocked and bullied throughout his peabrained cornpone life is really something else

Le Saboteur posted:

And it may not be that people don’t want to fight Kamaru. https://twitter.com/damonmartin/status/952785321489510400
Good, because that fight sucked and it was all his fault

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 15, 2018

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Usman vs Masvidal is fine with me

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I feel like Usman should get Covington, because his fights are boring in the same way

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Tyree posted:

I feel like Usman should get Covington, because his fights are boring in the same way

Sounds like a fight where the real winner is us, the viewers.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I p much despise Matt Hughes but man I really didn’t like seeing the condition he’s in. It’s loving humbling.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I forgot Matt got hit by a train. I needed that pick me up, thank you

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

What did he look like? I missed it :(

I want to see the ghost of Matt Hughes

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Fartbox posted:

https://streamable.com/5vp26

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Fartbox posted:

Looked like most of the left hand side of his body barely worked. But he was walking with out assistance so that’s quite a huge recovery in a relatively short amount of time. Still a piece of poo poo tho.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Kamaru Usman earned 100% of my ire fighting at 30% and putting me in a state that was 40% conscious at best.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I still shake my head whenever fighter says after a lackluster victory "I wasn't trying hard lol." That's the worst self-promotional move possible in that situation. Even a generic "my opponent was tough and he did some things i didn't expect but we got the W and that's what matters" looks better, because there's no longer a claim to have deliberately withheld what the fans paid to see, and people might actually believe it.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
You don't use 100% of your power level right out the gate, that's; god I feel so limited by the heavy handed moderation here. It's, let's say, foolish.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/mauroranallo/status/952744080441622528

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
mauro is a selfserious dork that I simultaneously want to bully and hug

• Locked thread