Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Rocksicles posted:

Thanos is an Eternal, he doesn't make kids, he nicks them.

ummm his half-Inhuman biological son Thane? AKA Sir Not Appearing in Any Film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Autism Sneaks posted:

ummm his half-Inhuman biological son Thane? AKA Sir Not Appearing in Any Film

lol Thane, yeah i forgot about him. He's....meh no one gives a gently caress about Thane.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Two random Kree brothers being associated with Thanos is lame and I really hope they don't do something like that. It sounds like the kind of dumb poo poo Star Wars would pull off because literally everyone of consequence in the universe is either from the same two families or is deeply associated with those two families.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 5, Episode 7: "Together or Not at All"

https://i.imgur.com/w3mGRWw.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/OEBbUv3.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/Tbdciaa.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/3I2aYfR.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/D1pFeeC.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/jQhUwEt.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/YFTSiVq.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/NvTjzOp.gifv

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E8nQHhjTe8

Kree makeup takes four hours to do. Yikes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Rocksicles posted:

Thanos is an Eternal, he doesn't make kids, he nicks them.

Eternal's can have kids. Plus he's not an eternal he's a deviant born to eternals on Saturn, it's why he has the skrull chin. The resulting ostracism was what made him who he is.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Wtf is gravitonium?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Mymla posted:

Wtf is gravitonium?

An element that affects gravity (who knew)? It was used for a few episodes in season one, ending in a scientist trying to defend it from an evil playboy billionaire and SHIELD. Said scientist fell into it, was deemed “totally dead forever, obviously,” and the ball of gravitonium was sealed away at SHIELD, though Coulson believed at the time those types of things were literally shot into the sun.

During the Hydra* insurrection, the container of gravitonium was stolen and sold to the billionaire, last seen carting it off and twirling his mustache. This was all in season one, both the gravitonium, the scientist (now probably Graviton), and the billionaire whose name I forget haven’t been seen since.

*Hail Hydra.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mymla posted:

Wtf is gravitonium?

We learned about it in Season 1. Dr Hall (remember him?) had discovered it, then it was stolen by Ian Quinn. Hall was going...to do something (destroy it?) to keep Quinn from using it. But his plan would have killed a bunch of people so Coulson shut down the something-or-other thing and Hall was absorbed into the Gravitonium, which stablized it, and I think Hall is still alive but trapped in it?

(someone correct me, its been ages since I've watched S01)

Incidentally, Franklin Hall is Graviton in the comics with a different origin.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mymla posted:

Wtf is gravitonium?

Back in season 1, material that could control gravity. Weapons seller and smarmy git Ian Quinn got his hands on some and kidnapped a scientist to weaponize it. The scientist was going to prevent that by blowing everything up, but instead got trapped in the gravitonium (end of episode stinger of him straining to get out) and Shield took it for "safe-keeping". Last seen when Quinn (now working with Hydra/Raina) walked off with it never to be mentioned again.

It was the episode of Skye's first undercover mission, if that helps. Hijinks ensued.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
And pool scenes

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Oh. Yeah. I think I vaguely remember now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Azhais posted:

And pool scenes

Yea, there's a shot where she jumps into a pool and her rear end is completely out because of course it is.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Pan Dulce posted:

That's not uncommon.

Bautista's makeup for Drax takes 5 hours each day, and he has to stand the whole time. It took John Hurt 7-8 hours a day in makeup to play the Elephant Man (he started at 5 AM and only worked every other day due to the strain.)

Rebecca Rominjin's Mystique is the longest that I know of. It took her 9 hours each day and she ended up wearing most of it home (to the point she had trouble with her landlord over staining the bathtub blue.)

I AM impressed this show has the clout to do that though.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 15, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC by Apocalypse they had switched the Mystique make up over to a body suit instead of painting Jennifer Lawrence blue and sticking things to her.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
And it showed

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I got distracted by life after the premiere and just caught up with the season. This is exactly what I've been missing in my life.

It's reminding me more and more of peak SG-1.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Pan Dulce posted:

It really shows. The layering makes it look like a real person with blue skin wearing makeup on top of that instead of just spraypainting someone a solid color. Someone else mentioned the scarring on the other Kree. They are doing so much to individualize these guys and I love it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pan Dulce posted:

I'm loving blown away. Not knowing how much work movie makeup is I thought Kassius' get-up would be half an hour at most.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Aleph Null posted:

It really shows. The layering makes it look like a real person with blue skin wearing makeup on top of that instead of just spraypainting someone a solid color. Someone else mentioned the scarring on the other Kree. They are doing so much to individualize these guys and I love it.

Yeah the fact you can see his pores around the makeup area and the it’s caked on there made it stand out. A ton of work for what most people would think was a simple thing. Considering the set design this season maybe that’s where all their budget went. :v:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
You guys should check out face/off on syfy if you're interested in the makeup process. It's a show modeled after all of the sundry reality/challenge programs where people compete to do the best monster (or whatever) makeup each week

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's Ru Paul's Drag Race, but with less clowns.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Eternal's can have kids. Plus he's not an eternal he's a deviant born to eternals on Saturn, it's why he has the skrull chin. The resulting ostracism was what made him who he is.

Wait what? So the reason Thanos is a whiny bitch who has the hots for death and wants to wipe out the galaxy is because someone made fun of his chin?

Comic books really are the gift that never stops giving.

Also it puts that Thanos Simpson memes in a different, more hilarious light.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
To be fair to Thanos, it was a bit more than being born a purple goblin in a society of ubermensch. He's basically the Eternal Antichrist, selected by the personification of Death in the universe before birth to usher in the end of all things. His mother Sui-San was driven to insanity almost immediately after he was born by Death, so she tried to kill him. Don't feel too bad, as he would kill and vivisect her when he was 12, and from there things escalated.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Autism Sneaks posted:

To be fair to Thanos, it was a bit more than being born a purple goblin in a society of ubermensch. He's basically the Eternal Antichrist, selected by the personification of Death in the universe before birth to usher in the end of all things. His mother Sui-San was driven to insanity almost immediately after he was born by Death, so she tried to kill him. Don't feel too bad, as he would kill and vivisect her when he was 12, and from there things escalated.

I think you mean vivisect *then* kill. The other way around is just dissection.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Autism Sneaks posted:

loving oval office of a kid... glossed over by the system. Becomes a oval office of a superbeing with a hosed up chin.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Autism Sneaks posted:

That mini-series was seriously weird. It also included a plotline of Thanos bumming around the galaxy as an honest to god 'woman in every port' style sailor. Death then asks him how she could believe that Thanos loves her with all the new life he's brought into this universe with these women. Thanos then begins to hunt down and murder every single one of his children.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
And those weren't even the first families he raised and then murdered for Death, nor the last: in the Infinity event, he has the people of several worlds send him the severed heads of everyone between the ages of 16 and 22 as tribute, all as a cover for when he makes the same demand of Earth's Inhumans in an attempt to kill his son. Thane does end up putting Thanos and the Black Order on ice, but that of course didn't stick and a few years later he was entombed alive in a graveyard for forgotten gods when he tries to kill his dad with the Phoenix Force.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Autism Sneaks posted:

This is one of the edgiest backstories I've ever seen.
This is an MMO roleplaying tier backstory.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Thanos sounds lamer and lamer the more I learn ahout him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I am a bit fuzzy on the details, but I'll try to remind you.

We first saw her, around the time her dad died. He was the guy who would get flashes of the future (mostly death). I think he was abducted by Hive, but its been a while.
Later on, at the start of the previous season, when Quake was going rogue and robbing banks, she gave Robin and her mother some money to support them. I believe she also handed her the bird from her father.
Now this season, when Fitz met Enoch, they saw those child drawings of the future. These visions where also the reason Enoch decided to bring Coulson and the gang to the future. So they went over to the child who drew those, to question her about that. Incidentally, that was Robin.

Its also worth mentioning that her father was the one who saw a Lincoln's (although an unidentified SHIELD agent at the time) death in space, which they built an entire subplot during the Hive story around.

That's why Daisy had such an attachment to his family. Not only did she feel bad she couldn't save the father but it all ties to Lincoln's death for her.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Remember crucifix hot potato? That was fun.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

3 DONG HORSE posted:

He is a lamer Darkseid rip-off

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

He's basically a goon given omnipotence

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
Unkillable cosmic badass, a super unique special snowflake, everyone's afraid of him and he can overpower even the strongest characters, wants to bone literally the most impossibly unattainable woman in the universe?

It does sound like a self-insert.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Dracorion posted:

Unkillable cosmic badass, a super unique special snowflake, everyone's afraid of him and he can overpower even the strongest characters, wants to bone literally the most impossibly unattainable woman in the universe?

It does sound like a self-insert.

I would say "Superman" but Bruce Wayne has boned Lois Lane plenty of times

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
And to think he's because Marvel was going to rip off Metron and Stan Lee said if they're going to rip off a New God, then they should at least rip off the one people actually like.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
How were they in the future and on the Zephyr when the Earth blew up?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

sunday at work posted:

Zephyr happened to be parked on top of, maybe inside even, the facility that became the Lighthouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

sunday at work posted:

It's time travel, don't think about it too hard.