Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Rimshot the dog was a good boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Guy Mann posted:

One of the weirdest things to come out of the Ernest empire was the z-list redneck actors who were in them trying to strike out on their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im2TBfm49TQ

What's weird to me is that that's not even the guy who played Chuck.

Edit: actually wow.... Who's Billy?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The Grey posted:

A Persian Gulf dictator, Tufuti (Ivan Lucas), invades the country of Karifistan, subsequently plunging the United States into war. America's best soldiers respond to the call of duty. And so does good-natured bumbling yokel Ernest P. Worrell (Jim Varney). However, Ernest is anything but a conventional soldier, and he causes major military havoc. But he finds that he can help when he befriends a lost boy (Christo Davids) from Karifistan during the war.

Ernest is Jar Jar Binks.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Grevling posted:

Yes I remember Ernst Rommel, famous German general who fought for the Nazis.

Ernst Goes to the Camps

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

amusinginquiry posted:

Ernst Goes to the Camps

Ernst in Jail, really

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

amusinginquiry posted:

Ernst Goes to runs the Camps

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

his name is Bob Einstein and his brother's name is Albert Einstein hi I'm the obvious trivia guy.

Just in case nobody pointed it out, yet, his brother is actually Albert Brooks, who some of you will remember as Hank Scorpio. Albert Brooks is funny and good.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Just in case nobody pointed it out, yet, his brother is actually Albert Brooks, who some of you will remember as Hank Scorpio. Albert Brooks is funny and good.

Defending Your Life is a fun movie I saw a zillion times on TV as a kid. Also he played the bad guy in Drive.

TED BUNNDY
May 30, 2009

SO HUNGRY
Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQqPXqg3PkA

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tesSq-0yzog

:qq:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ernest was amazing and I’m so loving glad he died before the internet became a thing he got turned into an Instagram rapist or like a Vit efetosh where it’s just slinky dog hurting out of his chest to gently caress Bo Peep

Basically he picked the best possible time to die.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, i kinda wish i'd died back in 2000 too

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I think this thread should be about posting full length Ernest movies that you can still find on youtube, but youtube's algorithm destroyed all the copies FOR DMCA

OK? IT WAS FOR YOU!! THE CONSUMER YOU TRULY LOVE poo poo. YOU BUNCH OF STUPID OLD LADIES. I hope your children are dead.

Also here is Dr. Otto and the riddle of the gloom beam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ808DWp2PM

enjoy~

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Ernest was amazing and I’m so loving glad he died before the internet became a thing he got turned into an Instagram rapist or like a Vit efetosh where it’s just slinky dog hurting out of his chest to gently caress Bo Peep

Basically he picked the best possible time to die.

What is an Instagram rapist

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Guy Mann posted:

The P in Ernest P. Worrel stands for "politically incorrect"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ErlsLsCN10

I have no memory of this movie existing, but that "whose flatulence is the perfume of the night" line seems all too familiar.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Junk posted:

I have no memory of this movie existing, but that "whose flatulence is the perfume of the night" line seems all too familiar.

I just did a bit of research and it was a direct to video deal. I don't remember ernest goes to africa or Ernest joins the army because at that point i was watching more age appropriate movies

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

moose face posted:

I just did a bit of research and it was a direct to video deal. I don't remember ernest goes to africa or Ernest joins the army because at that point i was watching more age appropriate movies

like Terminator 2?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I met Jim Varney when he was filming Ernest Scared Stupid, and he was a super nice guy. Me and some friends used to ride our bikes and watch them film on set at that junkyard house they used as it was right up the road from my childhood home. That and large parts of Ernest Goes to Jail were filmed in the Nashville area.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

moller posted:

Defending Your Life is a fun movie I saw a zillion times on TV as a kid. Also he played the bad guy in Drive.

Broadcast News is even better, highly recommended.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

hey vern

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I loved the Ernest movies when I was little Rest In Peace Jimmy :(

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

moose face posted:

It was a good character. A loveable janitor with an 9" uncut dick. An absolute hammer.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

eat bumper booger lips

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Soup du Journey posted:

what the gently caress!!!! thats super dave!!!! i had no idea!!

He was also in Arrested Development!

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
was this the theater masturbator guy?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

berth ell pup posted:

was this the theater masturbator guy?

That's Paul Reubens

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sid Vicious posted:

That's Paul Reubens

The Netflix Pee-Wee movie was pretty great.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sid Vicious posted:

That's Paul Reubens

I like when he was trapped with the hillbilly and his comely daughters

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Death row?! You mean like the chair?
the hot seat
dead meat
deep six
it's over pal
you're outta here, bub
the groundhog's bringin' yer mail
you're pickin' turnips with a step ladder
the no tomorrow row?
that kind of row?

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 14, 2018

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

GreatGreen posted:

Death row?! You mean like the chair?
the hot seat
dead meat
deep six
it's over pal
you're outta here, bub
the groundhog's bringin' yer mail
you're pickin' turnips with a step ladder
the no tomorrow row?
that kind of row?

youve had that av for like 10 years and it still fucks me up

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

moose face posted:

Ernest is a national treasure

^truth

quote:

When given the chance to have a lifelong dream fulfilled by such groups as the Make-A-Wish Foundation, several hundred terminally ill children have asked to meet Ernest. He never let them down.

He was also close to the Nashville music scene and good friend to Waylon Jennings and Hank Jr (and a ton of others)
This was taken in 1984 on the set of ‘All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight’;

Jim was a legend. He did go at the best time

e; Oh, forgot to mention he was also a musician and played with many his country singer friends

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 14, 2018

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIewTXCAqzA

He never was really known in the UK here, but as kids we saw his Goes to Camp one and we were imitating his Eweewewewewew for the next few years.

Ernest, Garbage Pail Kids, BMX Bandits, these were the videos we were brought up on.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Blue Raider posted:

youve had that av for like 10 years and it still fucks me up

I made a Nickelback fan mad like 10 years ago and I still carry this AV as a badge of honor because of it.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

GreatGreen posted:

I made a Nickelback fan mad like 10 years ago and I still carry this AV as a badge of honor because of it.

I'm sitting beside the bass guitar used to record that song. :chord:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dr.Caligari posted:

^truth

He was also close to the Nashville music scene and good friend to Waylon Jennings and Hank Jr (and a ton of others)
This was taken in 1984 on the set of ‘All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight’;

Jim was a legend. He did go at the best time

e; Oh, forgot to mention he was also a musician and played with many his country singer friends

How did dudes used to walk around in jeans that look like they would push your balls up into your body? I mean skinny jeans usually have some slack in the waist/crotch those look horrible

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Rime posted:

I'm sorry

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Aesop Poprock posted:

How did dudes used to walk around in jeans that look like they would push your balls up into your body? I mean skinny jeans usually have some slack in the waist/crotch those look horrible

Anyone of those dudes in that picture could dress any way they wanted to and get away with it imo

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dr.Caligari posted:

Anyone of those dudes in that picture could dress any way they wanted to and get away with it imo

Yeah but I mean in that entire time period guys were dressing in things that look like they would devastate the male crotch

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah but I mean in that entire time period guys were dressing in things that look like they would devastate the male crotch

That's actually what caused the surge in autism spectrum disorders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Rime posted:

that's hosed up

• Locked thread