Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Sorry, dude :(

I hold at your neck the Good Jabbar. This one... pets only Good Boys.

Cosmos is named so because he's big and black and he is an extremely good dog who borks and woofs at everything that moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
RIP Riley :(

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
RIP Riley

Here's Joy wearing a Batman cape my girlfriend bought for herself and will likely complain to no end about it being covered in dog fur.

She is the Bat!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Maverick, Kona, Dancer, Riley; all except Kona have passed in the last 6 years.

Maverick was a deaf Italian Greyhound who had epilepsy, but was always the first to notice when food was being served. Dancer was my childhood pet - a ranger rescued her from the woods in Central Texas and I laid under the kitchen table with get for weeks trying to get her to come out. Riley was the biggest cuddle bug and the most schnauzer Schnauzer that every schnauzered.

Last bummer I swear. I just wanted everyone to know how blessed I am to have had such good pups in my life. Always try to remember that you're literally their whole world, so make sure you treat them right and let them know how much they mean to you.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Does man deserve dog?

https://twitter.com/rudeweaver/status/952199942835195904

The evidence suggests no.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

oh hey mornin’ were we going for a walk

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

He's been lying like this for like 20 minutes so I guess he's comfy? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Your dog’s broken, sorry

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It will forever be the great doggo mystery

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It will forever be the great doggo mystery

And yet they act offended if we rub their bellies.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

BigDave posted:

what

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Or, maybe just my dog does.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Luna’s friend Charlie came over yesterday

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Dog sitting this needy 80lbs lapdog

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

BigDave posted:

I think it's just yours - Apollo woke me up early this morning specifically to demand a belly rub.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

bleuraindrops posted:

Dog sitting this needy 80lbs lapdog

Ahhh I wanna pet this dog

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

StrixNebulosa posted:

I think it's just yours - Apollo woke me up early this morning specifically to demand a belly rub.

Oh great so my dog is a freak. :mad:

Next you'll tell me most other dogs don't like beef jerky in a hollow bone, or butt-scratches, or face rubs.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

BigDave posted:

Oh great so my dog is a freak. :mad:

Next you'll tell me most other dogs don't like beef jerky in a hollow bone, or butt-scratches, or face rubs.

I've never offered beef jerky in a hollow bone, but Apollo is a huge fan of butt-scratches and face rubs! The only thing he doesn't like is out and out petting on the head. He'll put up with it, but he's like a cat - pet him more than once and he'll walk away. Chest rubs or back pets or - gasp - belly rubs - are a-okay instead!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Vault Boop

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

:3:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

OH MY GOD I LOVE MY loving BALL PLEASE NEVER EVER STOP THROWING (BUT PLEASE DON’T TAKE) THE BALL

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

new lady in my life and sometimes I wonder where my dog’s allegiance stands 🤔🤔🤔

waiting...

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

OH MY GOD I LOVE MY loving BALL PLEASE NEVER EVER STOP THROWING (BUT PLEASE DON’T TAKE) THE BALL

Chewbacca lando

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

new lady in my life and sometimes I wonder where my dog’s allegiance stands 🤔🤔🤔

waiting...

When will my husband return from war...

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

gotta make that bacon

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/themiw/status/952631397621125120

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

For another Good Boy of History:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...m=.0cf83dc69ae9

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Mochi is in the cone of shame.

Pablo is keeping her company though.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chips: a good fuckin boy. RIP buddy, the medal was well earned.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

He wants to go for a walk

It's very cold outside

what do

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Bundle up?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

He wants to go for a walk

It's very cold outside

what do

Thick winter coat, winter hat, gloves, scarf, thick socks, boots. Be brave, and if you go fast enough to work up a sweat you'll warm up the coat real fast.

For your dog, uh, how cold-proof are they?

e: If there's ice, be careful and don't slip on it! If your dog is anything like mine, they'll be 100% into helping you get up, which includes licking my face, putting his paws on my shoulders, and nudging his snout under my chin. Which is. I love you Apollo but you're not helping!

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 16, 2018

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

StrixNebulosa posted:

Thick winter coat, winter hat, gloves, scarf, thick socks, boots. Be brave, and if you go fast enough to work up a sweat you'll warm up the coat real fast.

e: If there's ice, be careful and don't slip on it! If your dog is anything like mine, they'll be 100% into helping you get up, which includes licking my face, putting his paws on my shoulders, and nudging his snout under my chin. Which is. I love you Apollo but you're not helping!

This is fact. I broke my ankle going out after my dogs and not realizing that the back step was sheer ice. They heard my yell and were on top of things with face-kisses and nudges, none of which were particularly helpful with actually getting back in the house to call the doctor.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

StrixNebulosa posted:

Ha, no worries, we're both equipped for the weather, I was just being lazy :v: That is good advice though, and well appreciated! Anyone who isn't familiar with walking dogs in cold weather should definitely take heed, since your dog(s) can and will happily engage in attempted murder whenever you're walking on a slick of ice.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

When I was 12 years old, my parents left me home alone for a few hours. I was playing with my dog, laughing and giggling as he chased me around the house, when I slipped on a rug, slid out and kicked a door jam super hard. I was rolling on the ground writhing in pain, which my dog took as the “Oh boy! Time to FUCKIN RASSLE!!!!!” as he gleefully jumped on top of me and started play biting as I tried to cradle my broken foot.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The rare instance of dogs being too good.

Just a little bit.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lmbo @ this page

I feel bad for y’all but watching someone bust their rear end on ice is never not funny. The dog is just the doozy of it all

Cannot wait to take pup to snow for the first time and seeing how he reacts

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F_8qaQ3DD0

dont worry theres dogs too

holly bloops, you can learn some good ad man techniques from this

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jan 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

Here's a nice guide on when it's too cold for dogs from this WBUR (GET IT?!?!) article.