Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ShadowLeagueTSL/status/952644954744115200

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well of all teams he Sixers have the most assets to recover from their number one pick flaming out spectacularly

I guess they are picking guard again in 2018.

What a disaster. Chance of being Worse than Bennett.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

What a disaster. Chance of being Worse than Bennett.

Bennett's rookie -0.4 WS right now is beating Fultz's -0.1, but Bennett ended up rallying for a career 0.5 WS. So, I'm saying its a horse race.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
but Fultz is still way ahead of Simmons and Embiid for minutes played during his rookie year, so I dunno what the issue is

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Cool buff man may have posted that but I have him blocked with all the other Celtics posters so I can't tell

Wow what the hell!!! I'm on record as wanting him to be good!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ignorelistedfortruth.com

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

Cool buff man may have posted that but I have him blocked with all the other Celtics posters so I can't tell

Shook

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
So Lonzo is better than Fultz. What a world.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

So Lonzo is better than Fultz. What a world.

Real talk, Lonzo's scoring is poo poo but he plays really good D, the Lakers are WAY better with him in the lineup, and the only rookies who have produced like he's produced in their rookie year have been Lebron and Magic. Those guys scored a lot better, but Lonzo's production is still really something. He looks like a perfectly fine pick.

Basically, Lonzo is Rubio. If they can get Lonzo to score better over the next couple years (at the rim more than from 3, honestly) they probably have a all-star level guy. That's a perfectly reasonable risk when drafting a 19 year old PG.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

Lolololol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Wow what the hell!!! I'm on record as wanting him to be good!!!

Jokes!

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Jack's Flow posted:

Also, Steady Freddy is one of the worst nicknames ever.

That award goes to "The Joker" :effort:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

[breathing slows]

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Please don't quote Cool Buff Man, I have him blocked.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

[breathing slows]

Lmao

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

ive blocked every poster except cbm

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Real talk, Lonzo's scoring is poo poo but he plays really good D, the Lakers are WAY better with him in the lineup, and the only rookies who have produced like he's produced in their rookie year have been Lebron and Magic. Those guys scored a lot better, but Lonzo's production is still really something. He looks like a perfectly fine pick.

Basically, Lonzo is Rubio. If they can get Lonzo to score better over the next couple years (at the rim more than from 3, honestly) they probably have a all-star level guy. That's a perfectly reasonable risk when drafting a 19 year old PG.

Zogo is Lonzo still the worst rookie shooter in 40 years or whatever (my guess: yes, he still is)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Lakers are signing Gary Payton II to a two way. Who needs Lonzo

AggressivelyStupid posted:

ive blocked every poster except cbm

Thank you. This is ridiculous.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I just have a browser script that replaces any talk about teams other than the Timberwolves with Bashez D&D posts.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

DeimosRising posted:

Zogo is Lonzo still the worst rookie shooter in 40 years or whatever (my guess: yes, he still is)

not even close.

https://www.basketball-reference.co...&order_by_asc=Y

not even the worst rookie this year anymore

https://www.basketball-reference.co...&order_by_asc=Y

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Hope you jerks enjoyed those couple of wins you sniped off the Rockets because the MVP is back on the court after a three week nap

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/952653815060185088

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Those are NOT net points

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Report: Cavaliers have grumbled about LeBron James hunting assists
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-cavaliers-grumbled-lebron-james-210002382.html

"LeBron has held the ball 4.89 seconds per touch (up from 4.37 last year) and dribbled 3.67 times per touch (up from 3.28 last year), according to NBA.com."

I blame LBJ. :anime:

DeimosRising posted:

No, he sat out six games and also regression to the mean has kicked in so he's been mainly treading water this last month.

Here are the bottom/top 10 right now:

code:
NP	Player
246.08	LeBron James
229.08	James Harden
216.24	Giannis Antetokounmpo
206	Stephen Curry
202.96	Anthony Davis
191.96	Kevin Durant
190.28	Karl-Anthony Towns
169	Lou Williams
165.8	DeMarcus Cousins
152.48	Kyrie Irving

-23.68	Dejounte Murray
-26.72	Dennis Smith
-28.96	De'Aaron Fox
-29.04	Paul Zipser
-32.6	Tyler Ulis
-36.84	Frank Ntilikina
-40.8	Jawun Evans
-41.32	Marcus Smart
-43.12	Josh Jackson
-54	Lonzo Ball
Also, we're getting close to Korver and Curry both passing Ray Allen as the greatest 3P shooters:

code:
3NP	Player
1490	Ray Allen
1464	Kyle Korver
1439	Stephen Curry
1194	Reggie Miller
1116	Steve Nash
923	Klay Thompson
891	Dale Ellis
888	Peja Stojakovic
860	Mike Miller
822	Jason Terry
At the current rates Korver should pass Allen in sixteen games and then Curry shortly after that.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Danny Ainge was right. I mean, a significant portion of my sense of self was built on top of the opposite so I don't really know what to do

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/952615500198105089
uhhhhhh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kind of lays it out there in the open

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

That appears to be the problem, yes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They can't play him if he can't shoot so.

Better luck next year I guess. Resign Redick for another year.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

This whole M. Fultz thing is truly baffling. So the working theory is that he hurt his shoulder at some point, subconsciously altered his jump shot, and now that his shoulder is A-Okay, he's just psyching himself out?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Imho at this point

Shoulder injury always Bs. He flaked out. Maybe 8 million guaranteed is enough and he's done.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

Imho at this point

Shoulder injury always Bs. He flaked out. Maybe 8 million guaranteed is enough and he's done.

My tongue in cheek detector is frequently broke, you don't actually think this do you?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Please unblock me.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I have blocked everyone but Boston fans.

How else am I to throw shots at their teams.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Only cowards use the ignore feature.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I used ignore on the rest of the internet, only read this thread

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I get a notification for every post and every post that's about to be posted but the poster thinks naaah last second and backspaces out, i get those too

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lockback posted:

I just have a browser script that replaces any talk about teams other than the Timberwolves with Bashez D&D posts.

Lmao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I just saw that threeball vid and Brown quote and yeah, looking more and more like a total bust. RIP

euphronius posted:

Imho at this point

I haven't really paid extremely close attention so please correct me if I'm way off-base, but from what I can gather he has some real maturity issues, too? Maybe he really doesn't give a poo poo.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Doltos posted:

I get a notification for every post and every post that's about to be posted but the poster thinks naaah last second and backspaces out, i get those too

I mean, it's not a competition??!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
This thread is absolutely a competition, what kind of attitude do you think Kobe would bring if he was a forum poster

• Locked thread