Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
re7 was great and the re3 race was fun
The awful block combo of superman 64/arabian nights/Enviro-Bear 2000/Dog's Life was something out of the ordinary
jedi academy was fun and impressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Steve Holt! posted:

Yep and SA threads are one of the sources I use to help me figure out what to put on there!

Well now you just know that Arabian Nights has GOT to be there.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Have updated the list of recommendations. Let me know if you think there's something more that definitely should be on there, otherwise this would be final.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

TeaJay posted:

Well now you just know that Arabian Nights has GOT to be there.

Yep I took the day off today so I can go through all the recommendations but Arabian Nights is already locked in.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Personally I thought the I Wanna Be The Marathon run was one of the best, but it doesn't seem like most people liked it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

KennyMan666 posted:

Have updated the list of recommendations. Let me know if you think there's something more that definitely should be on there, otherwise this would be final.

Resident Evil 7 is one of the best runs of the entire marathon

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just watched the SA2 run. It was cool! Even if the race was decided pretty much from the midway point

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

Resident Evil 7 ruled dude, and personally i really liked the Super Mario Sunshine run as a technical feat

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
Lots of excellent recommendations in this thread. Just want to leave one for Yooka-Laylee. It was a mess live because it dropped so many frames that half of the run was unwatchable. The Youtube VOD, however, is totally fine. A fast run that breaks the game (a lot) and has a ton of energy in the commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcUyxq6yuiQ

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
A couple of recommendations that aren't on the list yet:

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - Carcinogen is pretty entertaining and has been doing Resident Evil runs forever, and there are some great moments
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! + Super Punch-Out!! - It's a guy speedrunning 2 games at the same time

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Did this marathon having any other WRs besides Burnout and Supes?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Anyone know when all of this GDQ will be up on YouTube? I try to catch the runs there rather than on Twitch as it's a little bit more friendly to use.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

axeil posted:

Anyone know when all of this GDQ will be up on YouTube? I try to catch the runs there rather than on Twitch as it's a little bit more friendly to use.

They're popping up now on the official channel. All of Awful Block seems to be up already.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just got done watching it and gonna throw a recommendation out for Super Mario 3D World. That Toad snipe I'm dying :lol:

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

KennyMan666 posted:

Echoing RE7 and MTPO+SPO.

I thought Ratchet and Clank was fun live, but haven't rewatched it to see if it was just opening day hype that boosted it in my mind.

halfcoordinated's runs of Armed with Wings: Rearmed and TAIKER are good, fun, short (12 and 20 minutes, respectively), and by a goon. He also gives a motivational speech at the end of TAIKER.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shame SGDQ doesn't have a proper Awful Game Block, as this year had a lot of gems. Did that picture I linked from the other thread ever get a better quality version, as it was posted during the long rear end Breath of the Wild run.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I'm amazed and at least a little proud RE7 gets brought up as one of the marathon bests in a marathon that had Arabian Nights.

Like while we're all throwing recommendations. That's mine. Arabian Nights is very definitely my pick for Run Of The Show.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I'm amazed and at least a little proud RE7 gets brought up as one of the marathon bests in a marathon that had Arabian Nights.

Like while we're all throwing recommendations. That's mine. Arabian Nights is very definitely my pick for Run Of The Show.

What about the Silent Hill run, I thought that was good.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rirse posted:

Shame SGDQ doesn't have a proper Awful Game Block, as this year had a lot of gems. Did that picture I linked from the other thread ever get a better quality version, as it was posted during the long rear end Breath of the Wild run.

I know at least one year they had "Silly Games Done Quick" was supposed to be in the same vein. Dunno if it was a one off or not.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I know a lot of shade gets thrown at you for various reasons but for real you had some top notch commentary and the run itself was fun as heck to watch

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

did anyone's wife get railed this agdq

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Same but only because I was on the couch.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Rirse posted:

What about the Silent Hill run, I thought that was good.

recommending my own run is kind of tacky but I am quite proud of how that went

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

You were very good this AGDQ. Nothing tops Arabian Nights but you were still top 10 I think

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

You were great on the couch in RE7, and I don't even typically like horror games! I still haven't seen your run yet, it's on my to-watch list.

Speaking of which, does anyone know any kind of app or website or something where you can list runs/videos you want to watch? I have so many and it's hard to keep track of.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

axeil posted:

You were great on the couch in RE7, and I don't even typically like horror games! I still haven't seen your run yet, it's on my to-watch list.

Speaking of which, does anyone know any kind of app or website or something where you can list runs/videos you want to watch? I have so many and it's hard to keep track of.

...make a youtube playlist? A google doc with links, maybe? Like, isn't that a solved problem?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

axeil posted:

Once they're all up on Youtube, you can use the "watch later" button to do that.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Unreal_One posted:

...make a youtube playlist? A google doc with links, maybe? Like, isn't that a solved problem?

You can make YouTube playlists if they aren't your videos? :stare:

I literally had no idea. Thanks!

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
I should have gdqvods.com updated with timestamped youtube links in a couple of hours in case that helps.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

You were also an asset to the Dog's Life run FWIW

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

K8.0 posted:

Personally I thought the I Wanna Be The Marathon run was one of the best, but it doesn't seem like most people liked it.

I watched the first few minutes live but I'm pretty over Boshy/Guy clones so went and did something else instead.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

RE7 and double Punch-Out added to the recommendations. I think that's going to be final.

As for best run of the marathon, I'm going to have to toss my vote in for the Ori race because that was sick.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

axeil posted:

Deciding to finally make a stand against disorganization with the spergiest hill to die on, I use a google docs spreadsheet called "poo poo to watch." It has links to IMDB, sa threads, adtrwiki, notes, etc a "progress" column for episodic series and conditional formatting for completion status :techno:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Below is the GDQ Master List, as it will be known.

beep by grandpa posted:

Awesome Games Done Quick 2018
January 7, 2018 to January 14, 2018 and it raised $2,262,728

SA Shitpost Chat Thread
SA Serious Discussion Thread
Reddit VOD Thread
Youtube Playlist
Master VOD Site

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017
January 8, 2017 to January 15, 2017 and it raised $2,221,880

SA Shitpost Chat Thread
Reddit VOD Thread
Youtube Playlist
Master VOD Site

Awesome Games Done Quick 2016
January 3, 2016 to January 10, 2016 and it raised $1,216,304

SA Discussion Thread
Reddit VOD Thread
Youtube Playlist
Master VOD Site

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015
January 4, 2015 to January 10, 2015 and it raised $1,576,085

SA Discussion Thread
Reddit VOD Thread
Youtube Playlist
Master VOD Site

Awesome Games Done Quick 2014
January 5, 2014 to January 11, 2014 and it raised $1,031,665

SA Discussion Thread
Reddit VOD Thread
Youtube Playlist
Master VOD Site

Awesome Games Done Quick 2013
January 6, 2013 to January 12, 2013 and it raised $448,423

SA Discussion Thread
Reddit VOD Thread Part 1
Reddit VOD Thread Part 2
Youtube Playlist
Master VOD Site

Summer Games Done Quick 2017
July 2, 2017 to July 9, 2017 and it raised $1,792,632

SA Shitpost Chat Thread
Reddit VOD Thread
Youtube Playlist
Master VOD Site

Summer Games Done Quick 2016
July 3, 2016 to July 9, 2016 and it raised $1,298,544

SA Discussion Thread
Reddit VOD Thread
Youtube Playlist
Master VOD Site

Summer Games Done Quick 2015
July 26, 2015 to August 2, 2015 and it raised $1,215,601

SA Discussion Thread
Reddit VOD Thread
Youtube Playlist
Master VOD Site

Summer Games Done Quick 2014
June 22, 2014 to June 28, 2014 and it raised $718,235

SA Discussion Thread
Reddit VOD Thread
Youtube Playlist
Master VOD Site

Summer Games Done Quick 2013
July 25, 2013 to July 30, 2013 and it raised $257,181

SA Discussion Thread
Reddit VOD Thread
Youtube Playlist
Master VOD Site

Harvey Relief Done Quick
September 1, 2017 to September 3, 2017 and it raised $227,876

SA Discussion Thread
Reddit VOD Thread
No one ever made a YouTube Playlist for this sorry but i'll add it if one gets made :(
Master VOD Site

Rorus Raz posted:

The nice thing about GDQ is that it's like Thanksgiving. It's over before you know it, but you'll be eating leftovers all week.

The chat thread has been goldmined as a result of the ongoing, horrendous sjw movement. Great job everyone.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Def thanks to beep for putting that together, a very very compressed form of that list (only linking to the threads) will be in the new speedrunning thread too.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

The chat thread has been goldmined as a result of the ongoing, horrendous sjw movement. Great job everyone.
[/quote]

Hell yeah, thanks gramps!!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

If I get some free time this week, I'm going to attempt to scan through the Chat Thread for all the silly fanart and photoshops. Wish me luck.

Take it down a notch, Mr Silent Hill guy :smug:

realtalk you were great! Always appreciating a good goon presence at GDQ, and you have good commentary.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

If anyone actually wants the 2012 SA threads; here:

AGDQ 2012
SGDQ 2012 (there was no official thread for this, we just used the speedrunning thread)

I remember one for agdq 2011 but can't find it.

1-800-DOCTORB fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 15, 2018

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Which GDQ was almost literally in someone house, as it just had a couch full of plushies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Rirse posted:

Which GDQ was almost literally in someone house, as it just had a couch full of plushies.

I thought GDQ started streaming in some mom's basement.

• Locked thread