Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

In Training posted:

Going off Japanese pricing it will be $50 for the base game.

Welp, good luck with that ArcSys. Maybe they're banking on the goodwill of DBFZ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Chaotic Flame posted:

Welp, good luck with that ArcSys. Maybe they're banking on the goodwill of DBFZ?

The only reasoning that makes this not completely out of nowhere is that they're bilking the super casual fans of the respective franchises who just want to buy their favorite anime, but uh, that doesn't have such a great history of working out with fighting games if MVCI means anything.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I mean, initial reactions from all I've seen have been extremely negative. I definitely won't be grabbing it until it's cheap/packaged in a Revelator if at all at this point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was curious about it but that announcement instantly makes me think "I'll just wait a year and get the complete version for 20 bucks"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah I was looking forward to it but now..

:whitewater:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Nobody likes Blake anyways.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Saint Freak posted:

I don't know. Nintendo has a history of removing vagina bones so what if it's the worst version!?

Nintendo's been censoring their own games, sure, but i cant recall a time since Mortal Kombat where they made a 3rd party censor their releases.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Chaotic Flame posted:

I mean, initial reactions from all I've seen have been extremely negative. I definitely won't be grabbing it until it's cheap/packaged in a Revelator if at all at this point.

Yeah right now you can't sell this even to casuals since DLC/lootboxes are a mainstream issue now. It was weird as hell seeing all the normie Youtubers say out loud BLAYZBLUE.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
DLC has been such a bitter sweet concept to gaming.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Couldnt they have just done like DOA, you can buy the whole game for normal game price, or play a F2P and buy a couple characters here and there for a less cost efficient experience? Nobody got mad and it did well for Tecmo. Also Killer Instinct.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
That sucks about cross battle, i was looking forward to the stupid thing

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Gutcruncher posted:

Couldnt they have just done like DOA, you can buy the whole game for normal game price, or play a F2P and buy a couple characters here and there for a less cost efficient experience? Nobody got mad and it did well for Tecmo. Also Killer Instinct.

The issue is that these companies want to drive up profit as much as possible. Their goal is to extract as much money from the userbase as they can. Whether it be through new characters, stages, costumes, music, or what have you. Of course you can point out the obvious fact that this is putting the cart before the horse, as you have to have a successful launch to build a userbase, before you can start nickle and diming them. However, studios often see nothing but green which clouds their judgment.

I will also point it out again, I wouldn't be surprised if Arc feels a bit uneasy releasing a (sort of) new IP with 2D pixel art sprites in an age where flashy cinematics in fighting games are standard and where cel-shading has gotten to the point of being indistinguishable from 2D art to the untrained eye. So they are likely trying to be as "safe" as possible as packing the base game with as many finished character sprites as possible, while leaving most of the new ground up ones as DLC in order to maximize profits.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

The issue is that these companies want to drive up profit as much as possible. Their goal is to extract as much money from the userbase as they can. Whether it be through new characters, stages, costumes, music, or what have you. Of course you can point out the obvious fact that this is putting the cart before the horse, as you have to have a successful launch to build a userbase, before you can start nickle and diming them. However, studios often see nothing but green which clouds their judgment.

I will also point it out again, I wouldn't be surprised if Arc feels a bit uneasy releasing a (sort of) new IP with 2D pixel art sprites in an age where flashy cinematics in fighting games are standard and where cel-shading has gotten to the point of being indistinguishable from 2D art to the untrained eye. So they are likely trying to be as "safe" as possible as packing the base game with as many finished character sprites as possible, while leaving most of the new ground up ones as DLC in order to maximize profits.

Yeah I’m going to go out on a limb and say there are 4 ground up characters, 2 of which are DLC, 18 finished characters as DLC and one pile of bullshit

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 15, 2018

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're not using a f2p/service model because that poo poo requires regular maintenance and a longer commitment, and because they've spent years grooming their audience to accept all manner of bullshit DLC.

If Capcom won't do it then there's no hope for the likes of ASW.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is snk heroines switch only or multiplat?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
switch version is physical or digital
ps4 is digital only

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

Is snk heroines switch only or multiplat?

https://snkonlinestore.com/preorders/snk-heroines

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cool. I have most poo poo on ps4 but if theres like one button specials i dont need a stick, i'll do switch.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's a breakdown of both SNK Heroines videos here:
https://twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/951642657888989184

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

Nintendo's been censoring their own games, sure, but i cant recall a time since Mortal Kombat where they made a 3rd party censor their releases.
According to a WSJ report a few months back, Nintendo are more actively encouraging "violent or risqué" M-rated content for the Switch then they have with past platforms.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I mean Bayonetta 2 was a wii-u exclusive and I believe 3 is gonna be Switch exclusive

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ryoga posted:

Buying snk heroines for the possibility to force Iroha to finally wear some pants.

:gonk:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Kins posted:

According to a WSJ report a few months back, Nintendo are more actively encouraging "violent or risqué" M-rated content for the Switch then they have with past platforms.

fire emblem heroes is scandalous

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

fire emblem heroes is scandalous

Half the cast with their swords just... in the open like that.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
They gave Mario a HELL BLASTER welcome to the gritty dark age of Nintendo
https://twitter.com/prozdkp/status/952413000564072454

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

BOOBS IN MY NINTENDO?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol is that actually a costume in the game? jesus

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Nintendo is openly horny now.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Fire Emblem is basically the Nintendo dating sim franchise now.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
smash players can't stay 12 forever

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

DLC Inc posted:

lol is that actually a costume in the game? jesus

I think it's the swimsuit DLC but yeah.

mycot posted:

Fire Emblem is basically the Nintendo dating sim franchise now.

Fire Emblem's been that for a bit they're just dropping pretense now.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

It's Lucina's head photoshopped onto art from an entirely different game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Irisize posted:

It's Lucina's head photoshopped onto art from an entirely different game.

I cannot believe we got Fake Newsed

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Double Bill posted:

Normal survival is also easy and gives 8k per character.

e: actually not 8k, but 5k + 1k per character level you gain.

Saint Freak posted:

Did you do both of the main stories? After you beat it you unlock the extra difficulty version of it for another 50k
I saw too much potential frustration with these options; with Survival you can die on fight like 28 out of 30 and get zero fight money. Same issue with Extra difficulty on the main story (already beat Easy Story) - no payout unless you finish it 100%. Didn't feel like getting bottlenecked by some ridiculous CPU fight.

I figured trials were more manageable. Execution in a controlled environment. Still no payout unless you complete all 10 for a character, but that's much less to do. Anyway, I did manage to get enough FM this way to buy Fat Goon Akuma and complete the S2 character set.

Thanks!

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Saint Freak posted:

I mean, it's not like it's functionally any different from literally any of the summer swimsuit characters in the FE Heroes phone game:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Saint Freak posted:

anyone who didn't notice how bad the artifacting is around her sword hand deserves it

but yeah FE is very horny now, and has been for a bit. don't gotta look at swimsuit stuff, ingame character art for characters like Tharja will tell you as much. or Panne. or Nowi :chloe:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

IronicDongz posted:

anyone who didn't notice how bad the artifacting is around her sword hand deserves it

my jpegs are up here

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Are controller converters (ps4->xb1) completely poo poo and I shouldn't bother finding one so I can use a ps4 arcade stick on an xb1? If not it's no big deal.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Brooks ones add very little lag i have one for switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Spanish Manlove posted:

Are controller converters (ps4->xb1) completely poo poo and I shouldn't bother finding one so I can use a ps4 arcade stick on an xb1? If not it's no big deal.

The Brook converters are supposedly pretty decent. I watched a few YouTube videos where unscientific tests were conducted. The general consensus was that the converters added 2-3 frame input lag.