Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

Get this filth out of my Sunday funnies. I remember when this strip used to uphold Christian values.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Haifisch posted:

Flash Gordon :cthulhu:

That's pretty neat Super Nintendo shooter boss.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Perishers (1986)

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Flash Gorden is getting a bit tiresome. Like, at this point they should really be loving aware that this planet really sucks and take preventative measures.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
I never thought Wizard of Id and BC would be something worth reading, but here we are.

Randaconda, are you able to crop the Bloom County scans? They would be easier to read. I'm not a veteran Bloom reader like many people here, and I believe last thread I mentioned disliking Breathed's style, but it has grown on me.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, that's why I figured I'd just start from the beginning. In the event I do wind up stopping for whatever reason, I will strive to do at the end of a case to make it easier for someone else to pick up the torch.

Always glad to see more people enjoying Bad Machinery!
Well I'm enjoying it, so I hope you keep posting it for a while. It's way different than I thought it would be.

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Randaconda, are you able to crop the Bloom County scans? They would be easier to read. I'm not a veteran Bloom reader like many people here, and I believe last thread I mentioned disliking Breathed's style, but it has grown on me.
Sometimes there's commentary, though, and I'd like to continue to see that.

F Minus

Papyrus, Comic Sans, and Times New Roman. Truly these are men without conscience.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

They're really eating the hell out of those muffins.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Flash Gordon July 1957

OK well that's some shaky time-travel logic, but at least Flash did something this time.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Didn't that guy just spend a week trying to get them to bond? Make up your mind, pal!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Ham Shears

The Creeps

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Fun Fact: Ham Shears' creator works on Steven Universe now

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Johnny Walker posted:

Sometimes there's commentary, though, and I'd like to continue to see that.

I'd crop unless there's commentary, I like it too.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Alphonse and Gaston

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Peanuts (January 17, 1971)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Continuing Rip Haywire: KA-ORIGINS! (which is what I'm going with unless somebody has a better name for it.) (January 12-17, 2009)

Out Our Way With The Willets/Wash Tubbs On Sunday (February 24 and March 3, 1929)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 15, 2018

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

I have stepped up my game by translating some sounds for you. Neko is still untranslated because beyond the literal letters I can't tell at all what noise he's supposed to be making.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Fun Fact: Ham Shears' creator works on Steven Universe now

And before that "Regular Show".

It's always interesting when a strip cartoonist worked in animation. Pogo's Walt Kelly was a Disney animator in the 1940s, for example.

Ghostlight posted:

I have stepped up my game by translating some sounds for you. Neko is still untranslated because beyond the literal letters I can't tell at all what noise he's supposed to be making.

I'm guessing he's making a vibrating noise. "Vrrrrrrr" is probably a close English equivalent.

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 15, 2018

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

How is it possible to churn out this many jokes about Crankshaft going senile? Are these supposed to be funny or depressing?

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
From the Ballard Street backfile

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Mister Beeg posted:

I'm guessing he's making a vibrating noise. "Vrrrrrrr" is probably a close English equivalent.

:3: :3:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Elysiume posted:

How is it possible to churn out this many jokes about Crankshaft going senile? Are these supposed to be funny or depressing?

It's a Batiuk strip. The answer is both.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Elysiume posted:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Elysiume posted:

There's something else here. Swanson stopped putting tv dinners in aluminum foil in 1987. It was such a big deal that a newspaper published an article about the end of aluminum TV dinner trays.

Best case scenario, the artist and writer rehashed an old strip without bothering to update the art. To do that they'd make the tray black, have Crankshaft put it on a baking sheet, etc. Worst case, the writer and the artist forgot the past 21 years of plastic tv dinner trays.

But those explanations don't work in-universe. So, do you think Crankshaft keeps reusing the same old TV dinner trays, filling them with new frozen foods after every use? Or that the dinner is now old enough to drink?

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

random Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

He was trying. To kill you.

The Dinette Set thinks globally and acts locally.

Working Daze is both a non-joke and an obscure Monty Python reference.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix doxxes everyone in the thread.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Mister Beeg posted:

It's always interesting when a strip cartoonist worked in animation. Pogo's Walt Kelly was a Disney animator in the 1940s, for example.

Carl Barks is another good example.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

FrumpleOrz posted:

Mother Goose & Grimm

Good to know that Mike Peters will be carrying on for Bud Grace.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mister Beeg posted:

That's how I kind of took it, but the problem I'm having is that he uses the same sound pair in every context - oaaaaaa - and it's hard to know if I should interpret that into some kind of onomatopoeia like "vrrrrr" in each context, or just an ambiguous miaowing/cat whine sound.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
So, uh, what happened to the person who was posting Dick Tracey?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Ardeem posted:

So, uh, what happened to the person who was posting Dick Tracey?

They died in some horrific manner is my guess.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

On today's Bad Machinery: The Heist of The Century!

Johnny Walker posted:

Well I'm enjoying it, so I hope you keep posting it for a while. It's way different than I thought it would be.
Glad to hear it!

I'm interested to hear what you thought it would be, actually.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bloom County

That little "Hello." is very funny to me for some reason.

Randaconda fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jan 15, 2018

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Edge of Happy Motoring

"WOOO HOOO! We're driving in a car! ... oh, wait, your brother died horribly in front of you about 20 minutes ago. Sorry."

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 18, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 18, 1996)

Garfield Classic (June 18, 1986)

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Ham Shears

The Creeps

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Can't argue with that logic. :v:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Ham Shears was always one of my favorites generally, but him responding earnestly to Jill's attempts at jokes will always be my favorite gag from them.

Also, we're very rapidly approaching my favorite character, the neighbor with a complaint.